It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eradication of a disease near

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I find this article very interesting in the fact that. This would only be the second time in history that a disease would be wiped out. Never to afflict man again.

The only other disease to be wiped out was smallpox. And even then, there is strong evidence to sugjest that it has in fact been "weaponized". So maybe we haven't even rid our self's of one.
It just makes you question your faith in our pharmaceutical industry.
www.latimes.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I just took a quick Google-Gander at treatment options for Guinea worm.....and there are none. At least none more extensive than time, a stick, and maybe surgery.

All in all, it doesn't look like there's a lot of money to be made on this parasite. When there's no money to be made, then there's no one (pharma indistry) standing in the way to help you actually prevent the illness. I think once most people start looking critically at the Pharma industry and it's motivations, there will be very few people who actually believe in it.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
1) This is NOT a disease, it is a parasite. A worm is NOT a bacteria or a virus, it is a worm. A tiny worm, but still a worm.

2) How does this have anything to do with the Pharmaceutical Industry? As the article points out, HYGIENE plays a huge part in eradicating this worm, as does filtration and chemicals.

Why do you take something like this and try to twist it around to suit YOUR agenda?

This is no different that trying to eradicate rats in a ghetto.

It is YOU that doesn't understand what this article is all about. And your response just displays YOUR ignorance.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OldMedic

I didn't call it a disease. The article did. I also looked it up here www.dhpe.org... And that's how they classify it.

But I see your point I see it the same way. I wouldn't call it a disease either.
Not really the point I was going for anyway. The point I was going for was the fact that people are really unaware of the fact that science has never really cured a disease (other than small pox).

Oh and I do not have an agenda.

top topics

join