It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking for your thoughts and prayers....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Little update here.

So after they put my fathers exam off until next Friday, he started having severe pain again, even with the meds they gave him. He had to go to the emergency room last night again, and his doctor said he could come in this Friday...for a consultation, and that he still didn't want to do the exam yet.

:bnghd:

So over the last two weeks he has been to the emergency room 4 times and his doctor twice, and they still don't seem to have any sense of urgency. It's frustrating because I feel there is something seriously wrong with him and he isn't getting any closer to figuring out what it is, even after 2 weeks of pain. I spoke with my mother this morning and she said they were taking him to a different hospital today to see if they could get something done now. I'll have to wait until later today to talk to them again.

OH, and as if things weren't going swimmingly enough, it appears the post office lost my mortgage payment for this month. I'll have to cancel that check and resend another one, which costs me $49 from my bank. I also got a call from my wife this morning who informed me that her mother just found she probably has ovarian cancer.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

oh gheeee

nyk i am so sorry for you

just sent you a big big hug and trying to get as much positive energy as possible to your family

i hope your dad gets well soon, and i also hope that your MIL gets well as well

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

I really appreciate that.

I spoke with my dad a minute ago and he said now they think it could be something with his Pancreas, depending on how his colonoscopy goes. His proceedure has been moved up to Monday, so we'll get a better idea of what's going on then.

I also talked to my wife, who said they did a biopsy on her mom and the results would be back in 5 days.

I really appreciate you guys.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Time to double our prayers for you buddy.
No matter what, keep your spirits up, and the universe will provide good things back to you in spades.
Your ATS friends..and might I say family..are here to support you.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Prayers, and a ton of positive Mojo heading to your Dad, your family, and you as well from the lombozo man.
I consider you a friend, and I am here for you. Not just a couple clicks on the keyboard, but a heartfelt reality. I am here for you. Check your U2U for my contact info.
Be strong, be positive. Believe.
I'm your friend, and I am here for you. Don't hesitate. Not for an instant.

Your friend,
lombozo

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Wow, hang in there nyk. Yes, we are all thinking about you and hoping for the best possible results for your father and mother-in-law. When it comes to the doctors, leave no question unasked and don't hesitate to voice your concerns and yes, demands.

Rush

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Nyk I am sorry for the added stress you've been experiences the last few days...I can only hope for you that it gets better quickly. Your family is in my thoughts, and we (as AD said) your ATS Family, are here for you.

- Carrot

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Thank you guys so much for all your kinds words and encouragement. Here's a little updated:

I called my mother this morning after my dad's meeting with his doctor. They went ahead and did his proceedure while he was there, and feel confident the problem is not in his colon. They are going to be looking at the pancreas now to see if that's the problem. For right now though we are breathing a sigh of relief that it isn't colon cancer.

My wife also called this afternoon to let me know that the post office found our lost letter containing our mortgage payment, so we can avoid the bank fees.

I know your thoughts and prayers have helped, and I can't thank you guys enough. Here is to hoping things continue to improve.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the updates, Fingers and toes crossed!

Hugs!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

My thoughts and hopes are with you.

I hope that all goes well.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I will keep you and your family in my thoughts...

I know its never easy to lose anyone in your family..
Ive had my share of loss.. And its never easy..

You have many people here for you stay strong! And Ive never been the holy roller, bible thumping type.. But I do think its good to send out postive thoughts to those we known across the world!!!

Much can be felt threw postive thoughts!
Yet its when you get out and do something about it that works the most.
Thus if you need anything for real.. Please send me a u2.. Id be happy to help with anything you might need, that goes beyond just a simple postive thought..

[edit on 12-12-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Here's to continued improvement and all the best to you and your family in the future.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Hey there NYK,

Not ever a problem to pray and give well wishes to the family of one of our own.

I hope that the recovery is quick and your all able to enjoy the upcoming holiday season.

SeeYa!!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I have added you and your family to my prayer list ..
Hang in there stay positive and have faith ..okay ....

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
is there anything new about your dad nyk?
hope the docs finaly found what is bothering him and he will be home for christmas.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join