It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiacy Theories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Imagine that one day a person comes along and tells you that everything you knew about the world and everything you thought that you knew was wrong. This man then explains how history has been re-written to further someone else’s agenda. He goes on to tell you how powerful people have manipulated the facts to keep themselves in power and to control the masses. Then he tells you the true history and explains the conspiracy and suddenly your eyes are open. Now you understand the conspiracy and you begin to recruit others to your new understanding.

Who was this man? Was it Alex Jones or David Icke? Was the conspiracy concerning 9/11 or Roswell, or maybe area 51 or the moon landing? No! The man was Moses and the conspiracy he was determined to expose was religion.

Moses was raised as an Egyptian Prince by his adopted mother the pharaoh’s daughter. However, his biological mother volunteered to be his nursemaid. As Moses grew up in the Egyptian culture, he learned the religion of Egypt but his real mother taught him the stories of his origin. I’m sure she told him about Abraham and his covenant with a one true God. She may have told him stories about Noah, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Many people on this site will show how the Sumerian writings pre-date the Hebrew writings. They will draw parallels to the Biblical stories from the Old Testament and the writings of the ancient Sumerians. Since the Sumerian tales are the first written history, they must be the most accurate. By this thinking then, there are no conspiracies. JFK was murdered by a lone gunman, Roswell was a weather balloon, and 9/11 caught everyone off guard when those terrorist flew airplanes into the WTC and Pentagon. There are no conspiracies because these are the official stories and people in power never manipulate facts to further their own agenda.

But consider for a moment, that the official story could be incorrect and there truly is a conspiracy. Even with all the videos, you tubes, and documentaries, many people still believe the official story because it was the first one they heard. And thus it is with religion. I will not dispute the fact that much of Judaism and Christianity parallel older religions. A good conspiracy has to incorporate a portion of truth to convince the masses that it is the ‘true’ story.

Which brings us back to Moses, who told the Hebrews that he had conversed with the “One True God” and the religious practices, and history they were familiar with were a corruption of the actual events. Then Moses proceeded to enlighten the Hebrews with the version we see in the first few books of the Bible.

I’m sure that Moses had his debunkers in the day, just as he has now. But like any good conspiracy theorist, he had many followers. Today, millions of Jews and Christians believe the conspiracy.

In the end we have to determine what we believe and why. We have to pick the authorities that we feel are the most valid and continue to search for the truth. Conspiracy theories are not new. Moses knew this, and now you do too.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This is why I don't believe the words in a book that were written 400 years after the events contained within supposedly happened....and was written by a guy that claimed to talk to god....kinda like mormonism. But hey, we've all seen that episode of South Park, right?

It's funny how Catholics won't give credence to aliens, but will believe some guy walked on water a thousand years ago....AND believe it blindly without question to boot.

Organized religion is the greatest conspiracy ever concocted by man.

That's why I question everything and anything.

[edit on 12/8/2008 by Mr Gone]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
hey theres no need to attack religion, yes some organized religions(cults) in most cases are a hoax but christianity is now joke you feel the power of god in your soul it crushes your soul and opens your eyes and when you ask for salvation you get it (fyi i'm a baptist) and even if there wasnt (THERE IS) A God wouldnt you like a sliver of hope that after you died you would go to a much better place (I'm not a religious fanatic i'm actually pretty bad at going to church but CHRISTIANITY AINT NO JOKE)

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I am not attacking religion. I am simply showing how we use one set of criteia for conspiracy theories, yet ignore that when it comes to comparing Christianity and Judaism to older writings. I am basicly saying that Moses saw the conspiracy of the religions and came out with a different opinion.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Moses may have been Akhenaton, the Pharaoh who practiced monotheism in Egypt. This is where the Jews may have gotten there start, as followers of the former Pharaoh. He was deposed, and allowed to move his followers to another land. Moses was a title, and not a name, so the above could be quite possible.

new topics

top topics

join