It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida boy, 12, arrested for farting in class

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Florida boy, 12, arrested for farting in class

www.news.com.au

A 12-YEAR-old American schoolboy has been arrested for farting in the classroom.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
What the?
Did they really need to get the police involved in this? A kid passing gas is natural! What is really the worst that could of happened from this? The other kids would of had a laugh and then been back into their school work. I can understand the teachers getting upset with the boy turning off computers and disrupting class, but come on!
Perhaps the teachers were so afraid of getting sued if they touched the child, they decided to call in the boys in blue to handle a naughty kid! What a sad world! What ever happened to detention?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/12/2008 by just_julie]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
It helps to show a bit more of the article, It wasn't JUST for farting in class.

A 12-YEAR-old American schoolboy has been arrested for farting in the classroom. Police were called when the boy became disruptive, shutting off the computers of classmates and "deliberately passing gas" at his school in Florida, The Smoking Gun reports. The 150cm offender was also accused of shutting off the computers of classmates at Florida's Stuart's Spectrum High School. Busted by school authorities for disruption of a school function, the boy was taken to the County Sheriff's Office. Police said the boy, who name was suppressed due to his age, admitted the offences and was released into the custody of his mother.

Link to charge report:
www.thesmokinggun.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

This first comment in link had it dead on: The new title is a little misleading.

There is always something else involved, he didn't just fart.
Althrough reading the record maid me lol

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Apparently that was one of the main and contributing factors though. They must have found it important enough to complain about otherwise they would not have said anything.

Edit: BTW when I posted it asked for the news article title, so that's what I put in, I thought I was not supposed to change it.

[edit on 8/12/2008 by just_julie]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

That's true, I guess the attention grabbing headline worked

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
"Deliberately passing gas" - From article

Oh Really?

They can't really be serious.

Who has such control over their flatulence? Even at my age I have yet to master it. I have very little control over the matter, despite my exxperience.

Flatulence is a force of nature - like the 'wind for which it named.

There is no deliberate fart - just inconvenient ones.

And Holding it in often makes it worse does it not? Rather a slower intermittent series of releases in the present than a massive and unpredictable expulsion of gas in the future eh?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
That's exactly right, but what disturbs me the most, is that they had to call the police and have the boy arrested! Do teachers really have that little control over kids these days? I guess they were afraid of being sued by the kids parents. Only in America!

top topics

join