It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What A Day!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
crazy

i always had a theory that, you enviroment is constantly talking to you, that if you read the signs around you (in life) then you can find the right path...

Well anyways, today i was driving my car down one of my friends street. I noticed a lot of people in front of his house so i slowed down.. as i was slowing down someone yells "don't hit the dog!" (for some reason stuck out in my head), the dog was this little white dog with curly hair. I had already seen it but i stopped anyways, i talked to my friend for a few minutes and left....

Not long after, i drive some car with a girl in it, she was lookin at me so i stared back and i realized it was this chic i knew back in high school... anyways, i was over her cuz she sold me out once, she must have recognized me but i just kept driving....

Anways, later on at night, Me and another friend raced our cars down a pretty long strip on the other side of our neighborhood. At the beginning of the race, for some reason i let him pass me and i wanted to see if i could catch up, after i noticed i wasnt gonna catch up to his car i slowed down a little and suddenly this little white dog runs in the middle of the road, my friend swerved a little and hit the brakes, the dog jumps backwards INTO MY CARS PATH, and luckily i was already slowing down so i swerved and smashed the brakes only to nearly avoid him.... If i would've raced my friend straight i most likely would have either hit the dog (i wouldnt stop at full speed), or one of us would have swerved and had an accident.....

so after THAT, we decide to go to a party on the other side of the city. We ride out there, and out of all places... that girl that i saw earlier was there... i felt that she insulted me in tha past so i ignored her ass for the short time we were there...

anyways, after all this, and i drop my friends off (3am), i was driving home (along side a large cementary i might add), i was contemplating everything that happened today and even how i was gonna post it on ATS. Thinking of how everything matched up and explained itself, feeling like i might have even learned something. All of a sudden an something flys in front of the winsheild, i hit the brakes lightly only to notice it was an owl flying IN FRONT of my car ( 35mph) like it was trying to lead me... it basically looked like it was leading me, and it sayed there for at least 10 seconds.

I felt lucky though, almost blessed by the owl... i dunno,

tell me what ya'll think

M

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SniperEye
an owl flying IN FRONT of my car ( 35mph) like it was trying to lead me... it basically looked like it was leading me, and it sayed there for at least 10 seconds.

I felt lucky though, almost blessed by the owl... i dunno,

tell me what ya'll think

You're doomed man! an owl is the heral of deah if it swoops down to you you are destined to die - soon!!

And! is the story true it just sounds too weird especially the dog

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Its the curly dog Im worried about.
Yeahhhhh... usually after that sighting, you get a little light in the loafers add an octave to your voicebox, and prefer pink champagne to tequilla... But dont take my word for it, it happened to my sister

M

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxKrisxx
forget the owl

But BBC4 told me

it happened to my sister

the owl? but where is your sister now?

Originally posted by M
owl is the heral of deah

do'h the heral of deah? it's the herald of death!

this leads me to the question.... do coincidences happen for a reason?

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by M]

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well, After she saw the dog, She married an alcohalic names Jack. Jack pops pills and beats his dog--not to mention he smells pretty bad.
After Beatrice had triplets, she got her tubes tied--but it didnt work.
So these days my sister is just hoping to see an owl.
--Kristine

M

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Well, After she saw the dog, She married an alcohalic names Jack. Jack pops pills and beats his dog--not to mention he smells pretty bad.
After Beatrice had triplets, she got her tubes tied--but it didnt work.
So these days my sister is just hoping to see an owl.
--Kristine

i dont know wether to believe this but ur mood is bruttally honest so maybe

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by M]

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I just think that it could be a coincidence.
Or you look back and saw in HIND sight that the pieces fit into the evenings events.
Because you could have never put those pieces together and found the outcome of the night...You could have never predicted the evenings events from the days events.
So I think its coincidence

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
damn, you bastards ruined my topic

why the hell would i lie about all this?

anyways, tha cat who said i'm destined for death.... your paranoid

cuz i saw the owl and felt GOOD, almost blessed... i told the story to a friend today and he brought up that an owl stands for wisdom... then i recalled right before the owl encounter i was thinking to myself "i learned something today"

anways, i wanted input.... but ya'll clowns chased all the serious people away

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
SniperEye - I have to agree with your last point there. Sounds like some of the others were just having fun (you're not against humor, right?). But maybe the comments were a bit inappropriate since you were posting a personal experience as a serious topic.

My take on your day - probably just some great coincidences, rather than any deep signs or meanings. Maybe the best "take away" you get from the day is realizing you're aware enough to notice them, and deep enough to appreciate them.

And maybe, just maybe, there's a God up there who wanted to create a little humor himself, so he 'tweaked' your day a bit, just for fun. Best wishes to you.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
and if it wasnt god what was it?

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   

and if it wasnt god what was it?

It was SUPERMAN.

No, dude, I'm joking, don't spaz...

I've had a few things like that happen to me, even this week. It's like everything just slides together like a well-oiled pistol, or like it's all happening for a reason... Like if you pay attention to one thing, it leads you to another, and allows you to see what would have happened or something... Confusing myself.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hi,

You must know that nothing in life happens but for a reason. After seeing your post about owls, i thought i may give you a little insight, and so joined.

In this world, there are methods to achieve many things, but some have lets say side effects, if you persue them in the wrong way, whilst others do not. However, my experience is, if you live your life in a certain way, and search for the answers, you will find them.

And to Owls, perhaps they can see in the dark as well as we see in the day, but I have also had experiences over some years, in dreams, and then in 'real' life. I have heard owls in places where none have been heard before, in dreams and in real life. And once one was used to show me something, that only now do i realize would be a gift for me.

So, the questions is, do you wish to close your eyes to see? But, would you be prepared to change your life for such a gift, for the path is the same, for anyone, of what ever sex, color or race.

M

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   

you bastards ....
....anyways, tha cat who said i'm destined for death.... your paranoid

Dont call me a bastard thanks....

I'm not paranoid ... heck i only wrote what i know

and this is about paranormal experiences so an owl being the messenger of death is paranormal and hence appropreate for this forum ....

feeling like i might have even learned something.

yeah u did mention learning something and the owl is indeed a sign for wisdom (i dont quite know why) so there you have it....

okay

Originally posted by MichiKami
Sounds like some of the others were just having fun

Also - I appologise for joking, it just seems coincidental to me and only today you noticed the coincidences but usually they also happen

I hope that made sence to any 1 but me....

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
partial Quote from SniperEye

"...anyways, after all this, and i drop my friends off (3am), i was driving home (along side a large cementary i might add), i was contemplating everything that happened today and even how i was gonna post it on ATS. Thinking of how everything matched up and explained itself, feeling like i might have even learned something. All of a sudden an something flys in front of the winsheild, i hit the brakes lightly only to notice it was an owl flying IN FRONT of my car ( 35mph) like it was trying to lead me... it basically looked like it was leading me, and it sayed there for at least 10 seconds.

I felt lucky though, almost blessed by the owl... i dunno,..."

I think your WHOLE DAY was a sign, not the individual events. You saw that there was a coorolation BEFORE you saw the owl. Maybe life is telling you literally slow downnnnnn
And the owl, signifying, wisdom, could mean,
"Now that life got your attention, walk this way".
Just incase you didnt get the "sign" today, now Im telling you, today was meant to get your attention.

www.northerner.com...

and seeing an owl in your dreams can mean ....
www.hyperdictionary.com...
--Kristine

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
damn, thats crazy,

hey Kris, i was wondering how you came to the conclusion that the signs were telling me to 'slow down'?

I actually think i gotta do the opposite and speed up

I'm 19 and trying to get rich, whatever way i can

So if anything i need to hurry

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I also have a feeling the girl in your story means more to you than you are willing to tell. hmm? You feel she is connected to you and the rest of these events as well or you wouldn't have mentioned her.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
i used to have a crush on her in High School

i met up with her by chance last Christmas. I told a friend that knew her and he told me she was a lesbian, i thought he was just hating so i got her number but when i called she never picked up, i left her 2 messages and she never called back so i thought 'fukk her, theres more fishes in the ocean'

thats why i ignored her presence at the party

Anyways, i had her in a class in high school where i would show off my rap skillz and at the party there were people freestyling but i decided not to spit (even though i probably was the best, if not one of the best there).... my friend said something in one of his freestyles like

"why sittin over there actin like you dont even know
Get up out that chair and start spittin ya flow yo"

or something, and i seen her look over at me

but i aint got nothing to prove at some party with no mic

i'm gettin studio time to make tracks (for free), and thats all that matters to me

after the party i asked another friend if he knew her and he told me she was a dyke.

maybe thats what i learned... haha, serious
1ne

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by SniperEye]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

damn, thats crazy,

hey Kris, i was wondering how you came to the conclusion that the signs were telling me to 'slow down'?

I actually think i gotta do the opposite and speed up

I'm 19 and trying to get rich, whatever way i can if anything i need to hurry [/quote

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats what your thinking you ought to do. REMEMBER. You did the right thing when you slowed down. You were racingggg, right? So you did the right thing by slowing... And once you did you recieved a sign of wisdom...

a metaphore for life?

Mabye your attitiude is right and your approach is wrong. You dont have to be speeding along to "get rich", you just have to follow the right path, dont you think kid?
Keep your eye out for more signs of the right path.
I bet your right about the environment giving them to you .........slow down and be more aware
Rich isnt everything either

Kris

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
hey thanks kris

if anyone else has any input plz share it

your outlook may be the angle i'm looking for

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Thats why you ignored the girl; i thought it was more serious. Atleast say hi or something. Maybe she was shy, or is a mute.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join