It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North American Union / NAFTA Superhighway on C-Span

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Google Trans Texas Corridor. It would seem that it would be the first leg. There is quite an uproar in SE Texas about it and Governor Perry is pushing it very hard.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

Most of I-35 goes through rural lands so they would not have to clear land for it, (if the plan for the superhighway is still to paralell that road) The rest of it that does go through the bigger cities, at least through TX, could easily be cleared under the guise of repairing the existing roads as in many places they are in terrible shape.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by asmeone2]

So, in other words, there is still no proof of this at all right? What you are telling us to be on the lookout for is normal road repair construction in the cities?

Ok, I'll bite, what plans? You have the plans for this thing? Mind sharing them?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

NO I'm saying that I expect the folks pushing for the NAFTA highway to sell the TTC disguised as a major overhaul to i35 in order to repain existing damage.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
You guys are funny saying that it isn't going to happen lol.

The Trans-Texas Corridor is already under construction in Laredo, TX.

Oklahoma originally voted to not let the highway pass through it's state, but earlier this year they repealed that and said that the highway can come on through as scheduled.

The superhighway will be a toll road owned by a company in Spain.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

TexasDoT Website

Houston Chronicle

Texas Toll Party Website

A pdf from the Texas DoT about the highway

Naftracs from the group mentioned in the video, North American Supercorridor Coalition

The NAFTA Superhighway system has now been rebranded as the NASCO Corridor.

From the NASCO about us page.

NASCO members include cities, counties, states, provinces and private sector representatives along the Corridor in Canada, the United States and Mexico, dedicated to maximizing the efficiency and security of their existing trade and transportation infrastructure.

The NASCO Corridor represents the existing trade and transportation infrastructure roughly shadowing U.S. Interstate Highways 35, 29 and 94, and the connecting transportation infrastructure in Canada and Mexico critical to national and international trade. This includes major intermodal "inland ports" along the corridor and under development.

From the largest border crossing in North America (The Ambassador Bridge in Detroit, Michigan and Windsor, Canada) and Manitoba, Canada, to the second largest border crossing of Laredo, Texas and Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, and South to the Mexican Ports of Manzanillo and Lazaro Cardenas, the impressive, tri-national NASCO membership truly reflects the international scope of the Corridor and the regions it impacts.

This is very real, make no mistake.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
The analogy that I will give to our current economy is a body on bypass. We are barely keeping the economy alive with failed bailouts and propaganda, where in reality, this economy should have collapsed a while ago and it will should have rebounded by this time and everyone will be happy.

true these are all signs that our economy is doing very bad. it is a worldwide thing. look at Iceland...their government didnt do a good job keeping it under wraps...its just falling apart.

but people must realize that this IS NOT a normal recession. i believe it is only 4-5 months until it is going to be THE LONGEST recession in US history. Obama himself has admitted that things are going to get a lot worse before they get better. he also says that this will more than likely take more than a term to fix. so there is a chance that he wont even fix the problem. fascist capitalism is the problem. the federal reserve is the problem. do you really think he is going to touch that? No!

Granted it isnt the great depression (at least yet...) but things are worse than they seem. wait until it hits you. my uncle was laid off...and my parents were screwed out of retirement, and i can only afford college with loans (and college prices are going up still)

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy

Upon assuming power in January 1933, Adolf Hitler enthusiastically embraced an ambitious autobahn construction project

As well as providing employment and improved infrastructure, necessary for economic recovery efforts, the project was also a great success for propaganda purposes

deja vu deja vu

Hitler had some good ideas mixed in with the indefensibly villainous ones.....

even a broken clock is correct twice a day

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The American People Must Wake Up

I would like to hear things like why we are asleep in the first place.
what is preventing the American Dream
Why is the Economy like a feast or famine mentality - with no long term vision of the future... its like we are lost without a compass...
and if we had a compass what would we do differently... ?

and whats up with all this secret this secret that... why are they not doing this in the open... I mean its only a Highway connecting 3 nations == why did they choose this venue which is counter to the wishes of the American Citizen -- speaking of that -- can anyone ever site a case that we the American People said No and our Representatives went against our wishes> >? it happend recently - we said no to the 700 billion and they approved it in 3 days... 97% said NO~ they represent who...? not me.. lets someone else who knows his constuints... after all thats the offices we called - and 9 to 1 against... and they did it anyway... those are fighting words folks...

sorry for the Rant, but these Cheap ass Chinese Diapers are chaffing my behind...

[edit on 8-12-2008 by BornPatriot]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
That republican just laid out the truth!!! ... in a very urgent manner. Yes, this is old news, however, the problem is, not every one knows about what's going on, just like a lot of people don't know about the Security and Prosperity Agreement, or the fact that the NAU is already in the works. Many people are unaware that we're losing sovereignty to Mexico and Spain because the elites want to "end America", as in the "United States of America". You heard what the lady said. This stuff is happening outside of Congress, and I have a feeling I know why. It is because our political system has become an intricate system of checks, balances, laws, constitutional limits, etc. and the elites wanted to act fast to get the ball rolling on this new infrastructure of theirs. All I know is, I won't be driving on the NAFTA Highway to go to Mexico or Canada unless I was trying to "get away" from the horror that is going to be taking place for the American people. But there will be no place to escape. If its up to the government, they may not allow anyone to leave their assigned unions. So if you're a citizen of NAU, you might not be allowed out of it. If somebody thought that the elite weren't going to continue with the enslavement of the world plan, well, they lied.

[edit on 12/8/2008 by Mr Knowledge]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Maybe this is the infrastructure Obama is talking about so we can finally move on to the NAU.

Be interesting to see how Obama continues the unification of the 3 countries. Betcha we won't see transparency in this area.

That was my first thought Amigo.

Lady gave a nice speech, to bad it falls on def ears. They will pass the 'stimulus' plan to 'stimulate NAU' growth.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

The people are asleep in part because of who is controling the media. People still actually believe in the American dream, there are good people on earth, but that's the sad part.

And as for congress approving the 700 billion they were threaten with martial law if they did not pass bill, this is fact.

We have been sold out, were are only collateral, soon to be collateral damage.

Contact Congress like this Marcy Kaptur she looks fed up herself.
www.wanttoknow.info...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hey, I'm prepared to get shot down, but maybe this highway will do some good if it comes true like the majority of you claim. I live pretty much in the exact middle of North America and the roads are pretty bad out here. If we get some massive continental thing going on here, then maybe these roads will be funded not only Federally, but in conjunction with American and Mexican governments too which means one heck of a smooth ride. I live not to far from a Canadian/American boarder crossing, where Highway 75 meets I29 to be exact. The highway leading from Fargo/Grand Forks to Winnipeg could use a nice upgrade.

And not to mention, if you lost your house and job, wouldn't you appreciate a decently paying construction job, even if it was only for a few months to get back on your feet?

Maybe my optimistic view is just too, well, optimistic. I'll take my good attitude elsewhere.

[edit on 103131p://111 by For(Home)Country]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This only shows that even politicians can be embarrassingly gullible. (The video clip is a couple years old btw.)

The Trans-Texas Corridor (TTC) mega-highway is real - but it's in Texas only.

The NASCO corridor from Mexico to Canada is real too - this is the map she's displaying. It's about harmonized truck brake, load and length regulations on EXISTING highways. There's NO road construction involved, let alone any mega-highways.

What Kaptur is parroting: a "10-lane limited access road with passenger and freight rail lines running along-side and pipelines running from Mexico to Canada", is a hyper-stupid conspiracy theory from the tinfoil-hat crowd. Really.

She'd be correct about the *TTC* being used to bypass US ports for cheap Chinese goods. Yes, near-free-trade with China is sucking jobs out of the US. This has nothing to do with NAFTA or the SPP - China is not part of either. Scrap both, and the economics of the Mexican port/Chinese trade angle doesn't change.

btw, Making new jobs available in Mexico is NOT "forcing people off the land". My grandparents on both sides of my family were farmers. It was back-breaking work in what we would now consider poverty. (Not everywhere has Kansas's growing conditions.) They were damn proud to get their kids off the farm and into city jobs, and to sell the farm when they retired.

- Roger Strong

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yes almost forgot the port they are building in Mexico, will I think be biggest in world. And the contract for that super highway is going to a Mexican contractor it will be 1200 ft wide, with smiling Mexican truck drivers driving to the hub in Kanasa City.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Originally posted by jam321
Maybe this is the infrastructure Obama is talking about so we can finally move on to the NAU.

Be interesting to see how Obama continues the unification of the 3 countries. Betcha we won't see transparency in this area.

That was my first thought Amigo.

Lady gave a nice speech, to bad it falls on def ears. They will pass the 'stimulus' plan to 'stimulate NAU' growth.

I'm not in anyway trying to defend Obama, however, Rockpuck, jam321, you're both wrong. The global elite have planned this before Obama came into office. He had nothing to do with this.

[edit on 12/8/2008 by Mr Knowledge]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Well from the way I understand the way it works ,is cheap Mexican labor, all of Canada's natural resourses, and we wait a minute, oh yea bend over.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

I believe (or hope) in the coming election(s), a major political front will be independence from the states. If a party can push our relations to a state where we're not the ones getting drunk and date-raped by our abusive boyfriend south of our boarder, they will have many votes, thus victory. I'm not about to let my glorious country get raped. And I hope you won't either.

By the way, today is national womens rights day.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The people will do nothing to stop the plans of the "Corporate DeMockery" we are living under.
To quote a famous historical figure... Through clever and constant application of propaganda, people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way round, to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise.
The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one.
The day of individual happiness has passed.
It is not truth that matters, but victory.
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

The people are doped up on all the pharmacutical drugs that are being pushed on them. ASK your "Prescriber" (PUSHER) if you can have some more pills. You no longer need a doctor. He wasn't going to cure you anyway, just give you more drugs so you can tolerate whatever ailments you have until you get worse, for which you'll be given more drugs, or die.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

"I am still waiting for the martial law that is coming in 2002, 2003, 2004..... you get the idea. "

It took awhile but I found it.

CFR's Plan to Integrate the U.S., Mexico and Canada
by Phyllis Schlafly July 13, 2005
www.eagleforum.org...
Not long after that, they started talking about a Super Highway, connecting Mexico and Canada, through the US.

"This CFR document, called "Building a North American Community," asserts that George W. Bush, Mexican President Vicente Fox, and Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin "committed their governments" to this goal when they met at Bush's ranch and at Waco, Texas on March 23, 2005. The three adopted the "Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America" and assigned "working groups" to fill in the details."

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'm still waiting on the National ID Card that everyone on here said i was going to get in 2006. Lets face it in four more years we will be still saying it as the next president gets elected. Funny thing is, I'm starting to NOT believe in this damn NWO crap.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join