It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When and how will the world end? Your opinion.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I want to ask everyone two questions.

A. When will it happen?

B. How will it happen?

C. Why will it happen?

I encourage everyone to reply if you have a feeling of when and how the world will end, you don't have to answer all questions but feel free too.

Please no flaming, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Some possible and.. not so possible ideas I have are:
1. A nuclear war.
2. A large object colliding with Earth
3. Alien invasion.
4. A biological attack/ Deadly Epidemic.
5. 2012 related events (Mayan calendar, Nibiru etc.)
6. Space phenomena.

My answers are:
A. A nuclear war
B. Between 2012 - 2020
C. World War III

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
you will smoke salvia.

the end

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WishForWings
A. When will it happen?

B. How will it happen?

C. Why will it happen?

A. between 2010 and 2019

B. The return of the Messiah in the clouds with billions of angels.

C. Because he told the end from the beginning.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

1. It will happen in 3012.
It will start to get scary in 2009. By 2050 grays walk amoung us openly.
*I don't know about 2050-3012 but bring a jetbooster equipped GE if your going to go check it out as the drift puts you in the sky and it is a big fall for your chevy.
2. It will be a virus, no children will have been born for some time.
3. ? Too much genetic engineering leads to the populations inability to reproduce, perhaps a small surviving colony gives up and drinks poisoned koolaid.
From there, the Austrailians attempt a time fix, infiltrated by the origional jesters responsible for the reptiles overtaking the egyptians (but not the origional invasion)-and expelling them from earth freeing the slaves (thumbs up!), the Holocast, Haarp, most of the galactic wars, all of the underground bases, most illnesses, nostradomus, the finding and conquer of america, and in general almost all of the wars. And then,
o0O0oO0 it starts all over again.

*This is of course..... conjecture.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
To tell you the truth, the only sort of apocalyptic scenario I envision would be a natural one--perhaps an asteroid strike. Earth's demise may, however, be the simple and inevitable slow death that other planets face.

If by "end of the world" you mean the end of humanity, I do not imagine that a biological agent, nuclear warfare or an attack by a grand galactic nemesis will be able to fully accomplish this. It would be exceptionally difficult to ensure that every last human is removed from earth. There will almost surely remain a few isolated pockets of survivors, some of whom will be exceptionally difficult to find. At this very moment, there are humans who have chosen to isolate themselves from the rest of society. These individuals live alone or with a few choice others and have no record of existence in society's mind. There are entire tribes who are known only among themselves, in regions unvisited by outsiders. Were a weapon to be unleashed upon the world, the odds are great that many of these unknown, unseen humans would not be affected by it.

There are very few surefire paths to annihilation of humanity (and I mean every last drop of it), unless you consider the end-times scenarios imagined by the thousands of faiths. Considering these will broaden the possibilities considerably, for they are not bound by any sort of rules or boundaries of reason. Barring these, the list is quite short. Total destruction is a tough task.

It is my opinion that whatever befalls humanity, like the South, we will rise again

[edit on 8/12/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The world will end due to a natural catastrophe...human civilization might well end within the next 100 years,i dont think it will be nuclear wepaons though,but a virus of some sorts,those are the best weapons for wiping out species.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
when we run out of oil we'll start growing algea in mass quantities and then it'll mutate and become unstable. it's gonna spread like wildfire and cover the globe.

or

we run into an undetectable barrier in space and the whole solar system smashes against it. lights out.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
When- It will happen like a thief in the night.

How- By God's hands

Why- Because it is God's will.

The Alpha and the Omega.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Why do you want to know how the world ends? Why surmise on the most terrible of events like they are the subject of a soap opera?

Seriously, what is the point of a thread like this but to spread misery and the feeling of imminent destruction? If you’re left feeling helpless and exposed by the amount of conspiracy theories you’re surrounding yourself with, then why not try and lift yourself above such morbid curiousity by being positive about life?

I want to know how the world is going to survive. I’d like to know what wondrous advances we are going to conceive of in health and technology and travel and peace.

Not how we’re all going to die.

Good Grief.

Oh, and the way I think we’ll all die is by mass lethargy in the face of hardship and adversity. This thread proves it.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
A. When will it happen? It will never happen.

B. How will it happen? It can't happen.

C. Why will it happen? There is no purpose in ending that which is life. Life is the purpose.

We are all eternal, there is no end to our life. Just cicles.

===

Now WW1 happened, there was no end of the world, WW2 happened, there was no end of the world. WW3 might happen, there will not be an end of the world, just change. It is always about change.

The current paradigm will change, due to many reasons, for some this will be their "end" of the world. In reality what will happen is that the paradigm changes. When this chage occurs the old dies and the new flourishes. I welcome change, since our way of living today is an insult to our own ration.

You see ideology can make people act against their ration and think they are right. Well, we are not and this will show. Soon.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish

Why do you want to know how the world ends? Why surmise on the most terrible of events like they are the subject of a soap opera?

Seriously, what is the point of a thread like this but to spread misery and the feeling of imminent destruction? If you’re left feeling helpless and exposed by the amount of conspiracy theories you’re surrounding yourself with, then why not try and lift yourself above such morbid curiousity by being positive about life?

I want to know how the world is going to survive. I’d like to know what wondrous advances we are going to conceive of in health and technology and travel and peace.

Not how we’re all going to die.

Good Grief.

Oh, and the way I think we’ll all die is by mass lethargy in the face of hardship and adversity. This thread proves it.

If you had cancer, and you didn't know about it.. does that mean it won't eventually kill you?

Regardless of this thread or not, regardless if we like it or not, the world will end someday.

I didn't say the complete extinction of the human race, sure most of the events I said would be above catastrophic, but that doesn't mean that everyone on this planet will die.

This thread is nothing but 3 hypothetical questions, nothing more. I'm sorry but I don't see a problem with that and I'm sorry if this thread offended you in some way.

[edit on 8/12/08 by WishForWings]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The Earth will be destroyed when the sun super novas in billions of years and the Earth will be burned to a crip.

I hope by then there will be peace in the middle east.
maybe not.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

If you had cancer, and you didn't know about it.. does that mean it won't eventually kill you?

The earth does not have a cancer! We, as a species, do not have a "cancer"! We're doing the self same thing now as we've been doing ever since we were able to stand on our rear legs. We just live, fight, reproduce and change. That's what we are good at: altering our environment. And harming it too, granted, but we'll sort that problem out in time.

Regardless of this thread or not, regardless if we like it or not, the world will end someday.

Maybe. Maybe not. What if we just continue onwards forever?

I'm sorry, but I still do not understand the reasoning behind these doom and gloom threads. It did not offend me, it annoys me that we're already surmising how our civilisation is going to end. No civilisation really ends, they more often than not are assimilated into other civilisations. It might feel like the world ended for the Roman Empire, but it still exists (the Vatican) in an altered form.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Biological/Nuclear attack between now and 2012 seems as good a bet as any. Biological includes a country infecting it's own citizens through vaccinations and water supply.

Reason? Bilderberg quest to reduce global population by 80%.

[edit on 12/8/2008 by Yarcofin]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
A. When will it happen? in about 7.59 billion years

B. How will it happen? When the sun consumes the earth

C. Why will it happen? Because the sun is going through its red giant phase.

This is the only way that I see the world ending. We as a race may die off due to something but there will be something still here to replace us and move on.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It wont end. It will simply change.

Earth has gone through many, many devistating events, as has humanity.

The Earth is still here..and so are we.

The Earth will continue..as will humanity.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It will start out simple. The United Nations will gain more control. Then, World War Three will break out. And from then on, it's worse and worse. Asteroids, nuclear holocaust in Europe, war in the Far East, destruction of all communications. Pretty much the worst part of the Bible. I'm a Christian so I believe that Jesus will return for us at the end, but I'm not sure whether this describes him literally "returning" or whether it refers to heaven or a sort of rapture.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
What do you mean with the end of the world? The physical end of Planet Earth, or the end of human civilization?

End of Earth:

A. When will it happen? Not sure the exact day, but when the Sun destroys itself.

B. The explosion will destroy the entire solar system.

C. Because that's the way of the Universe

End of mankind:

A. Never. There'll always be survivors. "Natural" disasters will destroy most of people, anyways.

B. Diseases, famine, tidal waves, volcanic activity, maybe meteors.

C. Because mass extinctions already happened on Earth.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by seb2882]

[edit on 14-12-2008 by seb2882]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
We are going to align with the galactic equator and be able to view the galactic core entirely through the dark rift opening on December 21, 2012 as predicted by the Maya.

This alignment will indeed cause increased temperatures on every object in our solar system including our sun.

That much radiation directly is believed to be extremely lethal and at that strength will destroy all organic matter.

As we approach the gravitational plane we will continue to experience severe whether, geological effects such as earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes and volcanic activity, with increased frequency and intensity.

As we penetrate the densest portion of the galactic plane and experience the full gravitational effects we may witness unprecedented solar flares, unexpected meteor showers and unfortunately geographical Pole Shift.

The most severe effect that will cause world wide devastations, is the Pole Shift which is most likely to occur beginning some time between 2009 and 2014.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by DigitalKid]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
A plague of some disease that we have no natural immunity against, thanks to mass vaccinations.

At least I'm hoping.

For irony's sake.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join