It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama: Gun owners do not need to stock up

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
May I remind you, that James Madison wrote that the right to bear arms was for the purpose of resisting the absolute certainty of a despotic government? And we needed to be armed enough to be able to overthrow the despots?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

ty i thought it was jefferson who said it but why does anyone think it is the 2ndAMENDMENT for a reason. if it wasn't that important it should be around 40. as i said before people need to defend themselves and how are we going to do that without guns since the gov't has them? my grandfather was highly decorated in ww2 and he saw north africans fighting rommel with sticks and stones. guess what happened? they were decimated until armies with GUNS showed up.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unmask The Deception
reply to post by bigfoot1212

Bush did not repeal the Assault Weapons Ban, he allowed it to sunset as it was only set to last 10 years. The author of that same ban was our very own new Vice President-elect, Joe Biden. It was one of the most deceptive and ignorant bans of all time; it basically banned the "scariest looking" guns and accessories, and limiting new weapons to no more than a 10 round magazine. Those with little or know gun knowledge, it was the greatest thing ever. Assault weapons(fully automatics) have been banned since 30's. The Assault Weapons Ban made people think fully automatics were available to everyone who legally had the right to bear arms. The ban was pushed based on pure deception.

Just to clarify (and I don't know if anyone else has yet) but it is NOT illegal to have a fully automatic weapon. You DO need to have a "tax stamp" and be eligible to own a Class 3 weapon (special form required for transer etc...) and the tax stamp is $200.... so you pay to play.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by protected

yes i know it is legal to own a full automatic. you are right in the stamp and you still need the license and you have to go to school to obtain one. and from what i understand it is expensive and you have to renew it yearly.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I'm not sure about the school (my husband has looked into the class 3 license and if I recall it's mostly about paperwork) but I do know you have to allow the ATF to verify at ANY TIME that you have both the stamp & the class 3 weapon together. I made the comment because in your post you indicated that fully automatic weapons were banned since the 1930s. Banned implies no one can have them - which is not true.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by protected

Banned implies no one can have them - which is not true.

Right. Rich people are perfectly free to have them.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
ok i used the wrong word-guess it should have been heavily regulated and controlled. sorry for the misunderstanding.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by protected

Banned implies no one can have them - which is not true.

Right. Rich people are perfectly free to have them.

You just have to have the following: fingerprints, pass background check, description of weapon desired to purchase (inc. serial #) name & address of current owner and yourself, signature of qualifying individual (chief of police, sheriff, DA etc...) and the $200 tax stamp fee

Not only the rich (at least my definition of rich) it's an extra $200 on top of the price of the weapon. This is a one time fee and hasn't changed since the 1930s... check out this link for more info.

www.class3guns.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Dont forget class 3 weapons cost thousands of dollars thanks to the laws on importation. Most cost as much as a car.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Alright... If I'm Barak Obama (bam-a-lam) and guns aren't an issue, why make them one? If anythig he shold be applauding us for boosting the economy!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
is that state or federal law? all states have differing laws with guns- same as with explosives

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfoot1212
is that state or federal law? all states have differing laws with guns- same as with explosives

The class 3 crap comes from the National Firearms Act. A federal law.

Though for class 3 items such as suppressors you need the okay of the local police chief where the item will be kept. Good luck getting that in slave towns in slave states unless you're politically connected.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the AR15 is about to go. Some would say, including members of my own family, that that is a good thing.

I hate it when I have to call family members idiots.

I've also heard that ammunition makers are going to start making rounds that go bad over a certain period of time, starting next year.

I guess that means I'll have to find a way to start stealing the military's ammo. That's alright, they fire hotter anyhow.

If I can't find a way to steal the military's ammo, I'll just have to start packing my own shells.

Still trying to figure out how to build a potato gun that fires molotav cocktails. (that thing would be sweet
)
[edit on 11-12-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Unfortunately, the AR15 is about to go. Some would say, including members of my own family, that that is a good thing.

I hate it when I have to call family members idiots.

I've also heard that ammunition makers are going to start making rounds that go bad over a certain period of time, starting next year.

Do you have any links to confirm this? or is this speculation (I only ask because I definitely DONT want this to happen!)

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Any links to what? The AR15 or the ammo?

I ask because, right now, I don't have links to either, but I can dig up whichever you want to know about specifically.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR

Any links to what? The AR15 or the ammo?

I ask because, right now, I don't have links to either, but I can dig up whichever you want to know about specifically.

both please
--- not that I'm doubting you, just looking to see where you're getting your info. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I've never owned a firearm, but will definitely purchase one if I see gun rights going down the tube. So, I'm not really sure about the "repeat buyer" notion. Maybe a lot of the people buying guns are first-time buyers who see our country becoming more communist-authoritarian than democratic. A survey is certainly in order, because I'm interested to know if they are first-time buyers as well.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by truthquest]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Ha.
That's just like a used car salesman saying "trust me, I'm honest".

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Sorry dude, I've been out and I had forgotten I was put to task in this thread. I apologize.
Anyhow, the AR15 will be banned as a result of the semi-auto ban that Obama "plans" to take nation-wide. I am speculating on this, but it is a fair bet that he will make this so considering his similar legislation in Illinois.

I only mention the AR15 because it is my weapon of choice, and I'll be bummed when it happens. (They won't get the one that is buried in my back yard, though
)

As far as the ammo thing, I'll have to get back to you on that. I can't remember where I saw it.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

So where were the gun owners when the bailout passed?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join