It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama: Gun owners do not need to stock up

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Barack Obama: Gun owners do not need to stock up

www.70news.com

As gun sales shoot up around the country, President-elect Barack Obama said Sunday that gun-owning Americans do not need to rush out and stock up before he is sworn in next month.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
70news.com
suntimes.com

[edit on 7-12-2008 by digimedia1742]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
“Anyone who thinks they need to rush out and buy a firearm clearly has not been paying attention to how quickly we make progress on this issue. We don’t think these are first-time buyers. We think they are people who already have more than enough guns at their homes to protect themselves and are buying more.”

www.70news.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
good. maybe he will realize we won't stand to be controlled anymore. i have no idea how he stands on the aspect of gun control because i see commercials(propoganda) on tv and he is for people owning guns and the 2nd amendment but then i see him on tv saying he wants to restrict firearms? so which is it? im guessing against since dems hate people to have guns. wasn't it clinton who did the assault weapon ban? huh he was a dem but when bush took office he repealed that- go figure

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfoot1212
i have no idea how he stands on the aspect of gun control

Barack was a gun grabber in the Illinois Senate and will most assuredly with the dems in control try to take the guns. It won't be outright it is always done in baby steps...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

yes i agree with you- but he keeps going back and forth so i have no idea where he stands either. tthat is what scares me because politicions only say waht they want you to hear. after elected they say F### the public i'm making $100000's a year screw you.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This is the biggest issue I have with the Democrats, there's simply no reason to take away a law-abiding citizen's right to own weapons.

Take Florida for example, here we have pretty lax gun laws and everyone I know who owns one is a stand up guy who wouldn't go out of his way to hurt anyone.

Permit holders are a remarkably law-abiding subclass of the population. Florida, which has issued over 1,408,907 permits in twenty one years, has revoked only 166 for a "crime after licensure involving a firearm," and fewer than 4,500 permits for any reason

Wiki

The only gun control that should be done is cracking down on illegal arms dealers, especially the ones coming into the country illegally.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Don't worry about the guns, worry about ammo! STOCK UP ON AMMO AND RELOADING COMPONENTS! If you can get enough reloading components for a lifetime of shooting, that would be the best option. Restrivting ammo is a huge loophole! You can argue that outright banning of ammo is unconstitutional. I agree, they will not even ban amm either. They will just have outrages taxes and ordnance storage laws making it imposible to buy ammo and own reloading components. If you muzzle loaders thingk your imune, think again! It use to be fairly easy to find scrap lead. It is going to become impossible for citizens to aquire raw lead for poison control purposes! Black powder will be "controlled" as well. Stock up on this stuff first. Your guns are only paperweights without ammo! One thing of concern. If you have any outstanding custom gun orders that won't get finished before next spring, be aware that mail-order gun sales are possibly going to be banned thereby ending all custom gun ordering! So if you have any real nice hunting or target guns on order, try to get them finished!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

i totally agree with you too. i have a ccw and have forgotten more about guns than 90% of people have ever known. here in pa i believe only us and va are the only states (commonwealths actually)to enact a law it is ourRIGHT to be allowed to hunt and fish. now how can i hunt without a gun?
i'm not jumping out of a tree and stabbing a pig like rambo did. if you take guns away from law abiding citizens the criminals will know that and you because easy prey since they know you can't defend yourself. my favorite quote" don't bring a knife to a gunfight and get mad when you die" oops meant become sorry

[edit on 8-12-2008 by bigfoot1212]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
If there's no bullets , the guns are useless.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cingin

yes slowly they will take them away- why you have to own guns chambered for what the military uses so you can take their ammo. or learn how to reload. this not hollywood- when the military goes on a strike force almost all use the same cartridge so if 1 goes down you can take his ammo-
smart move

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Obama and Congress will let gun issue, except weapon ban, slide for a few. They realize that it would be suicide politics to take on disarming lawful citizens. That means Republicans would be put back in charge of Congress in 2010 and Dems want to hold on as long as possible. If anything, people should be more weary of the possible legislation passed in their own states especially those where democrats are in charged.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
and another thing i have an issue with is the federal govt. states are supposed to be allowed to choose what they want- called states rights- they determine what laws are enacted for their citizens-NOT THE FEDERAL GOVT. isn't that what the civil war was fought over? it was states RIGHTS

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

Bush did not repeal the Assault Weapons Ban, he allowed it to sunset as it was only set to last 10 years. The author of that same ban was our very own new Vice President-elect, Joe Biden. It was one of the most deceptive and ignorant bans of all time; it basically banned the "scariest looking" guns and accessories, and limiting new weapons to no more than a 10 round magazine. Those with little or know gun knowledge, it was the greatest thing ever. Assault weapons(fully automatics) have been banned since 30's. The Assault Weapons Ban made people think fully automatics were available to everyone who legally had the right to bear arms. The ban was pushed based on pure deception.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

yes states rights were one of the issues during the civil war...
...and the south lost!!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Unmask The Deception

ok i stand corrected- yes it was for scary weapons(? aren't all?) huh i guess my 30/06 is not scary too- sure is to deer. but they also tried to ban semi shotguns rifles etc. they say you can just spray the woods and hit what you want. anyone who has ever shot a semi or full will agree with me that it doesn't work that way. gun control means hitting your target not just spraying bullets. i think there is a thread on here about how many rounds a us soldier takes to kill 1 person- i believe it is over 1000- now how much money did we spend for that? and i read a news article the m16 is going to be not full auto but 5 shot burst to keep the troops from just "spraying"

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Well ofcorse obama is not gonna say, Yes you should be scared because im gonna ban guns, lets not buy into the political B.S. we know where he stands on this issue, Oh and didnt hitler tell the jews they had nothing to worry about too at one time?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and stock up anyway Obama. I don't believe he'll ban everything, just the guns I like. Bye bye semi auto's. Bye Bye Glocks with hi cap mags.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tac109

yes exactly- first thing hitler did was ban guns so no way the people can uprise. hitler was a genius- not saying i condone his actions but the way he did it and controlled the people was amazing and remember history repeates itself

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
There's something else here people seem to be missing. Obama has his hands full putting together a cabinet and trying to figure out how to resolve the nation's broken economy. You would think that reacting to sales figures on the sale of firearms with a public statement about not buying more weapons wouldn't be something worth his time right now - especially with everything else going on. If he really made this public statement then I find it really odd and highly suspect of his true motives on the issue of gun control.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   

“Anyone who thinks they need to rush out and buy a firearm clearly has not been paying attention to how quickly we make progress on this issue. We don’t think these are first-time buyers. We think they are people who already have more than enough guns at their homes to protect themselves and are buying more.”

Dont you see how dangerous that statement is?

First he shows that his views on the issue trump any constitutional or personal ones, and that he thinks people have enough guns ergo they dont need any more.

What comes next? An AWB with a grandfathering clause...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join