It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay agenda

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by marsha law

What would you do if they pulled out a pack a ciggies and said let's go out on deck? Would you go if you were called on by a gay smoker?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by marsha law
homosexuals have enough political power on cruise ships to get some poor idiot fired for calling a cigarette a fag.

Hey, you said it, not anyone else. It would appear that you knew it was in bad taste.

i meant that to be gay is death to the human race. not that hard to figure out.

It sounds to me like you have some hatred towards your gays workers and you thought you would have a laugh using the word fag. Let me ask you this, where are you from? Are you English? Do you use the term fag for a cig often?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm betting he was the one hetero guy that didn't get a lot of attention from the homosexual guys so he is pissed.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hello ,
person to whom I am responding to.
I have lived a good portion of my life in the UK.
I have lived many places ,some of which homosexuals are killed on sight.
Its also a bit OTT to be fired for offering someone a fag.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Or maybe he’s just really jealous that we didn’t let him in on our whole “agenda”.

He knew what he was doing, and I actually doubt his little story is true.... more of an attention seeker I think.

Mikey

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Hello ,
person to whom I am responding to.

Who would that be?

I have lived a good portion of my life in the UK.

I haven't but my mother is British. I know the difference between a "yard" and a "garden".

I have lived many places ,some of which homosexuals are killed on sight.

Really? I'm shocked.

Its also a bit OTT to be fired for offering someone a fag.

Not if you've been trained. If you haven't been trained in international lingo you may have a case for illegal dismissal. Do you?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

oops.
forgot who I was responding to.
will have to look it up .
point remains , and I will expand upon it....
many things we ingest have been engineered to feminize men. Plastics soy beans vaccinations......

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

'Your agenda ' was created by people that gave you
aids. Wake up . To be gay is to be anti-life.
If you don't like the opposite sex then maybe that is a clue that you should meditate upon life itself.

To make a travesty of the organ of creation seems really weird.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Mikey84

'Your agenda ' was created by people that gave you
aids. Wake up . To be gay is to be anti-life.
If you don't like the opposite sex then maybe that is a clue that you should meditate upon life itself.

To make a travesty of the organ of creation seems really weird.

Oh you have issues.

How is being gay anti-life? What about people who dont have children or cant, are they also anti-life?

I still think you're just jealous you're not in on the whole "agenda" like the rest of us.... we are plotting to take over the world you know.

Mikey

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Mikey84

if being gay was normal then we would not be.
universal laws respect life.
maybe you should die. and that is why you are gay.

Maybe, but then the world would be very boring if it was just left with people like you.

Mikey

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
So why didn't you fight the dismissal and just explain that it means cigarette in the UK?

Besides, the Jews have far more political power than gays or perhaps even African-Americans. Criticize them just a bit and they will all raise hell by using the Anti-semitic card. Please, stop feeling sorry for their slavery in Egypt and wake up? Okay?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
You might as well accuse the Japanese of being anti-life as they are the largest and most populated country with a negative population growth right now. The Japanese young people don't want to settle down and get married and have families. They want to remain single and live their life free of marriage and children. That's a choice they've made and it's become the cultural "in" thing to do over there.

So do you consider them anti-life as well, simply because they don't feel like procreating?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I don't believe you got fired for what you say - unless you said what you did - dripping sarcasm - in a derogatory fashion - just as your gay boss was walking by (or he/she overhead you).
Cruise ship stewards are more than away of cultural and vocabulary differences - unless yours was a *cruise* plug going up and down the Mississippi maybe?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Crazy.

If it was a genuine (and I mean you weren't trying to be offensive) use of the term then I see no problem here and think they overreacted to the extreme.

However, I'm not sure anyone is that dumb.

Personally, I think they would have had a good reason for using this against you, simply because they risk being taken for unfair dismissal (or equivalent).

Going on my common sense, and seeing what else you've written here, I'll say you knew exactly what you were doing and you're not being completely honest in what you really said or intended.

If it happened exactly the way you suggest in the original post, why don't you take action against them for firing you over such a trivial misunderstanding?

Ill go out on a limb here and suggest there was no misunderstanding at all. I think they understood you perfectly well.

And what's the deal with a "less than accepting" guy working on a cruise ship anyway? Could you have found a gayer place to work?
/joke

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hmm, is there a gay agenda? What about a bisexual agenda? Or is there really a secret society of gays looking too corrupt America? Sound ridiculous? Because it is.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
Hmm, is there a gay agenda? What about a bisexual agenda? Or is there really a secret society of gays looking too corrupt America? Sound ridiculous? Because it is.

Quoted for truth.

To the OP, it sounds like you've got some chip on your shoulder, so I'm doubting this story is even true too. However, if it is, and you were saying it -not- to rile up your colleagues/boss, then I don't really agree you should have been fired..though chances are your boss might not even realise that by saying fag you were meaning cigarette, and that it's an actual term for it in Britain, so, bear that in mind.

Edit:

If you keep saying things like that, I'll be losing sympathy for you pretty damn fast. As I say: chip on your shoulder.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by DarkPassenger]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

A forgiveable verbal faux pas is one thing. But most net savvy Brits & Americans are fully aware of what "fag" means either side of the pond.

You, Sir, are no innocent.

You made a play on words to deliberately upset co-workers. I reckon it wasn't the first time either. In a closed work environment, such as a ship, employees just have to get on with each other. It's your intolerance which has led to your dismissal, not some secret gay agenda. You can now use all your newly found free time to consider & address the issues you have when it comes to homosexuality.

You sound a nasty piece of work & I'm glad you got fired.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Without actually hearing the other side from her employer, it suggests there's much more bad history with her (?) employment. Probably, they just needed one more excuse to get rid of her.(?) Get over it. You fffft up.
It's not as if the worst thing that could happen to you.Otherwise, they might have been cutting back and you 'as if' volunteered?

Even so, you still have my sympathy for losing what may have been a great job. Although, I think I've heard it's not.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
By this logic, people who have vassectomies in order to avoid impregnating others are "anti-life." Procreation is not the sole purpose of romance and/or sexual activity in my personal opinion.

I can already tell I'm setting myself up by saying this - by pointing out something which to some is taken as an obvious fact, and for others is debatable (and I respect both groups' views despite disagreeing with the latter) - but I have to add that none of the gay people I know can willingly stop being gay. They were born with a predisposition for becomming gay once they became sexually mature, or it's genetic, or it's some sort of experiential dynamic that we have yet to understand, or it's some combination of all of the above. The point is, they didn't choose to be gay. I know there are people who don't believe this. That doesn't matter though, because while I typically view most things in life as subjective, I do not believe anyone has the right to tell someone what their own reality is or is not, and my gay friends' reality is that they were born gay and cannot change who they are.

Some will argue that they can still stop taking part in homosexual behavior. Alright, technically that is true. At best, though, they could abstain from homosexual sexual activity, yet they could never procreate with the opposite sex without feeling complete repulsion, or stop having the feelings that they have. Nor should they have to, in my opinion. They are who they are and shouldn't (again, in my opinion) have to struggle against that in order to please everyone else but themselves, especially when what they think, do, and feel isn't harming anyone else.

Getting back on topic though...

If you were fired for saying a word you intended with absolutely no malintent, and you were not trained not to avoid the use of such language, then I do sympathize with you and feel that you were wrongfully terminated and should take legal action accordingly.

[edit on 12/8/2008 by AceWombat04]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join