It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got banned because someone called me a racist pig.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
For folks that use chat, beware. If someone slanderizes you in there, you will be banned, not the person spreading lies about you. As sad and bs as it may seems it's the truth. While i was being called a racist pig, the MOD that was just sitting in chat did nothing until i began bashing the person that called me a racist pig. At that time I got banned. I'm sure they'll probably lock this thread too, just more ways im starting to see ATS as a freaking bs dictatorship.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Ok so they called you a racist pig. Does that give you the right to degrade yourself by coming down to their level. I get angry and say somethings I don't mean, but you have to learn to not become like them. So if people behave like children you both should of been banned. Not just you. Do you know if the other person got in any trouble.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It's called bipolar, and it is something i cannot always control. My point being if no action was taken when i was slandered by the mod that was just sitting in there letting it all happen, then why should action be taken against me for defending myself when i was slandered?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I suppose it doesnt really matter anyways, because when it comes down to it, the mods get what the mods want. And no one oversees otherwise. So regardless what the situation WAS, it comes down to whatever the mod feels like doing. weather it is right or not.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

perhaps the mod didnt see the whole thing?

i have ran into some bad mods and members, even some i thought were " bad " but then they changed my mind.

have you contacted the mod in question to ask about it?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
As always there are two sides to every story.

Staff actions are not discussed in public.

members know they can contact staff at any time to discuss issues.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xilvius
I suppose it doesnt really matter anyways, because when it comes down to it, the mods get what the mods want.

Pretty much right. You know what we want? Members that adhere to the T&C. Someone calls you something alert it and we'll deal with it. It doesn't give you the right to break the T&C. I've seldom seen the language that I did in your chat issues. I wouldn't use that language with my father and he's ex-navy.

And no one oversees otherwise. So regardless what the situation WAS, it comes down to whatever the mod feels like doing. weather it is right or not.

Wrong, our actions are totally transperant. It's not like we are automatons. We're a diverse group, we don't all nod when something is done. You broke your contract with ATS with what you posted in Chat. You got banned from Chat. It's that easy.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81
have you contacted the mod in question to ask about it?

Always the best course of action. Direct communication is important and indirect accusations/rants, while at times valid, tend to exasperate the situation more then help any given cause.

Something to consider...

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Oh, i'm sorry, i thought mods were in room for a reason, evidently i was wrong. Yeah, i did use some rather vulgar language, maybe if you were in my shoes you'd understand, then again, it's your right to be as selfish as you wish to be., i am done with this thread, go ahead and lock it, delete it, whatever you wanna do, you guys are in charge here. No matter what i may say it doesnt matter because YOU hold the power. isn't that right?

As for me alerting someone, maybe i didnt because someone was already there and FAILED to take action.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Xilvius]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Just my 2 cents but the more you openly throw a fit about it out here on the boards, you will find yourself banned from more than just chat.
If someone called you a name..so what.
Be the better person.
Sticks and stones..

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I guess the lesson from all this is to be responsible for your own actions. You can't control what others post and you will not be held accountable for them but you do control your own actions and will be responsible for what is done under your account. Basic stuff really.

If you see an issue make staff aware by filing a complaint...many times we will be signed-on but real life takes over and we step away or we are multitasking and miss what you find to be so obvious. With a board this size we can't be everywhere so file a complaint when you want to make us aware of a situation.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
or next time someone says something nasty about you be a better person, shake your head in shame and walk away

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

If someone calls you a racist pig : you answer could be. "what does a racist pig look like ?

edit. to add : If you feel you have to answer something. Or ignore...

[edit on 9-12-2008 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I have not been here long, but have the utmost respect for the mods. They seem to be very fair. I had a post removed, and I realized that I was out of line. The whole 'he started it' argument ended in grade school.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
After some much needed meditation and a little R&R I've decided, against my better judgement, to go ahead and post in here again.

The whole situation comes down to this:

I spend a rather large chunk of my time trying to explain, convince, persuade people that everyone is the same regardless of race, culture, or creed. It is a goal of mine to try to bring people together and help more and more people become colorblind when it comes to the color of someone's skin.

For someone to call me a racist pig, is like a kick in the teeth. It is highly offensive to me and makes me look like a bad person to anyone who was around that doesn't know me. I understand that the things I said were ,in fact, out of line and shouldn't have been said. However, I, being human, am not perfect. I do not always have perfect control over myself as I honestly wish I did. I guess the point I am trying to make now would be a simplistic one:

Honesty is the best policy, if you do not know a person personally, you should allow yourself to learn about who the person has made themselves, and you should accept them as they are. To slander someone is senseless, but also against my own defense, to call someone childish names, regardless of why, is also childish and senseless. I offer my apologies to the person I said those things about, and ask only that those who read this, take this message and store it somewhere in your mind. We are all the same, we all deserve to be treated as brothers and sisters. Times are tough and humanity will get nowhere fast without understanding for one another. Even though none of us are perfect, peace can still be kept.

I apologize for any difficulties I may have caused with anyone, and will continue to stick to a path of logic rather than impulsive decisions.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
it's only offensive if you let it be....is it worth it to get all huffy over something like that?

let it go...be bigger

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

While i was being called a racist pig, the MOD that was just sitting in chat did nothing until i began bashing the person that called me a racist pig. At that time I got banned.

Thats harsh mate, but I hoped you learned your lesson. While its tempting to retaliate against idiots, its usually best to just ignore their comments.

So yeah, just be careful next time

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

After some much needed meditation and a little R&R I've decided, against my better judgement, to go ahead and post in here again.

The whole situation comes down to this:

I spend a rather large chunk of my time trying to explain, convince, persuade people that everyone is the same regardless of race, culture, or creed. It is a goal of mine to try to bring people together and help more and more people become colorblind when it comes to the color of someone's skin.

For someone to call me a racist pig, is like a kick in the teeth. It is highly offensive to me and makes me look like a bad person to anyone who was around that doesn't know me. I understand that the things I said were ,in fact, out of line and shouldn't have been said. However, I, being human, am not perfect. I do not always have perfect control over myself as I honestly wish I did. I guess the point I am trying to make now would be a simplistic one:

Honesty is the best policy, if you do not know a person personally, you should allow yourself to learn about who the person has made themselves, and you should accept them as they are. To slander someone is senseless, but also against my own defense, to call someone childish names, regardless of why, is also childish and senseless. I offer my apologies to the person I said those things about, and ask only that those who read this, take this message and store it somewhere in your mind. We are all the same, we all deserve to be treated as brothers and sisters. Times are tough and humanity will get nowhere fast without understanding for one another. Even though none of us are perfect, peace can still be kept.

I apologize for any difficulties I may have caused with anyone, and will continue to stick to a path of logic rather than impulsive decisions.

This has got to be the best defensive comment Ive ever read! I am proud of you Xil and your part in making the world color-blind about racism. Where I live there is so many different races that you could of swore you werent in you country anymore. In the end its all about care for each other and quit hating on the color of your skin. $&F!

edit on 7-10-2010 by Stop-loss! because: because I grew up a screw up

top topics

join