It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security USA, New Television Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Homeland Security USA

Series Premiere
Tuesday January 6th 8/7c

Every day the men and women of the Department of Homeland Security patrol more than 100,000 miles of America's borders. This territory includes airports, seaports, land borders, international mail centers, the open seas, mountains, deserts and even cyberspace. Now viewers will get an unprecedented look at the work of these men and women while they use the newest technology to safeguard our country and enforce our laws, in "Homeland Security USA," which debuts with the episode "This is Your Car on Drugs," TUESDAY, JANUARY 6 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on ABC.

Interesting thing they are trying out for a television series. I am wondering how the ATS community is going to react to some of the episodes they are likely going to have considering the attitudes some people here have towards certain government agencies.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Comprised of 13 hour-long episodes shot entirely on location throughout the United States, "Homeland Security USA" is based on a popular Australian series now in its fifth season. Produced by Oscar and Emmy-winner Arnold Shapiro ("Scared Straight," "Big Brother"), the series takes cameras into situations never before seen on television, with each episode covering eight or more locations on the "front lines" where the officers and agents work each day. They have a job that is dangerous, difficult and always unpredictable. These aren't heroes. They're average men and women working against an epic landscape. The Department's missions include everything from vetting adoption papers and checking visitors' passports to intercepting undocumented immigrants, drugs and other contraband, and stopping potential terrorists trying to cross our borders. What viewers will see is powerful, dramatic, unforgettable and emotional, with unexpected moments of humor.

"Homeland Security USA" has been given unprecedented access to the agencies of the Department of Homeland Security and has the full cooperation of CBP (Customs & Border Protection) including CBP's Border Patrol; ICE (Immigration & Customs Enforcement); TSA (Transportation Security Administration); USCG (United States Coast Guard) and USCIS (United States Citizenship & Immigration Services).

The series is executive produced by Arnold Shapiro. Paul J. Coyne is supervising producer, and Gigi D'Amore is coordinating producer. "Homeland Security USA" is a Nate and Lil Production.

Rest of the article.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I just was watching T.V.when The advertisement came on for the new show. I didnot know if you could nominate someone for the show. If so I think that Carol Mike James should be mominated for a show. He has been in the police force sence he was 16 years old starting as a dispatcher then moved to a jailer than to a Investigater then to Chef Deputy he retired after 29 years with thepolice force. I married into this family in 1991 and met Mike he is vine man I respect him more than any words could say. He is my Husbands Brother. Mike is now a trainer in homeland security he travel all over the united states training how to deal with terrarist and other situations. well I have about used up my amount of words. My Name is Gloria James just wonted to give it a shot he is avery humble man and thinks that what he does isent that big of a deal he loves it and would not think of not being in the office of helping to keep every one safe Thnaks for hearing my story and trust me there are lot's more people that can give you more and more and more things that he has done.

join