It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomer has solved the Star of Bethlehem mystery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rattan1

I have a thread about this very thing in which I show through several sources that Christ was born in late Sept. - early Oct.. One source says Sept. 29 2BC and backs it up with several well known rulers death dates.

This is a bunch of hooey anyways from the source snipet I see someone that don't even know the biblical story. The Magi didn't follow a star to Christs birth, the Magi went to Jerusalem and asked where the King was, meaning Christ, to give them gifts. This is the baby story LIE that everyone tells their children, I think the source should READ THE BIBLE be fore publishing nonsense.

Herod told the Magi when they met the Messiah to come back and tell him, the Magi gave the gifts to Joseph and Mary so they could flee to Egypt with that money. GOD sen them to give Joseph the means to escape the killing days, Herod had all the babies killed under 2 years of age. WHY you ask? Cause the Messiah was about two when the Magi arrived, there was NO MAGI at the BIRTH!!!

READ THE BOOK BEFORE LOOKING LIKE A FOOL is what I would scream to this source...

Oh if you haven't figured it out yet, some number (its not told) of Shepherds went to the Manger at the Messiah's birth, NOT MAGI...

Edited to add a link to my thread on Christ's birth date and December 25th traditions and origins - When was Jesus Born?

[edit on 12/7/2008 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
If you look closer into this, you will realize that Jesus was a year old in 1 AD. Julius Caesar Established the 12 month calendar in 46 BC and the rest was history.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rattan1

I will not rely on this scientific experiment or software to say that the mystery is solved. Every time scientists find something new it just contradicts their previous theories. Science cannot explain everything they still have the ‘God element’ in their theory.
And who says that scientists are not part of the religious conspiracy?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rattan1

We can always discuss the future of the Vatican on another thread. What I am interested is the issue at hand. It is very interesting to see that someone is using science to solve religious mysteries.

There is an entire book devoted to the study of the origins of the star of Bethlehem. The book is called The Star of Bethlehem: The Legacy of the Magi, by Molnar, Michael R, Published by Rutgers University Press: ISBN 0-8135-2701-5 .

www.eclipse.net...

The theory of the planetary conjunction is quite old, and many others have also used computers to retrofit when such a conjuction may have occurred.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I know a Messianic Rabbi that has such software. He actually went back and showed a bunch of heavenly bodies overlapping to form one gigantic star. Very cool.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Thanks for the link. Very interesting read. However, the whole theory on that website is based on the lucky finding of a coin and is widely promoting his book (he even says don’t buy any other book on the matter). Therefore, I am a bit suspicious about the info on the website. Does someone else here knows anything about this coin?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by joesomebody
I know a Messianic Rabbi that has such software. He actually went back and showed a bunch of heavenly bodies overlapping to form one gigantic star. Very cool.

Is that software available for download anywhere? Can I have the name of that Messianic Rabbi?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I know the Rabbi's name is Tim; however I don't remember his Hebrew name. He has Parkinson's, if that helps.

I'd say you could find the software...he had it, so I assume you can download it or buy it.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

Sorry i looked for the software but could not find it anywhere. If you have a link or something can you please post it or send me a U2U. Thanks

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

And to add to your comment "theindependentjournal" I would like to say the magi star was no sun, planet or asteroid. The star object was in earth's atmosphere and it was trying to expose the location of Jesus so that Herod could kill him. God forbid astrology and so the star was not his. The star was a Foo Fighter working for the big bad guy himself. These star objects were also flying with Hitler's squadrons. Hilter's actions excited these bad beings, because he dabbled into the occult, just like the magi.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rattan1

However, the whole theory on that website is based on the lucky finding of a coin and is widely promoting his book (he even says don’t buy any other book on the matter). Therefore, I am a bit suspicious about the info on the website.

That is true, however, his theory is getting wide acclaim from astronomers, and unlike many others that have posed theories, Molnar is a professional astronomer and University Physicist.

jmm.aaa.net.au...

.Molnar's theory is gaining acclaim from astronomy scholars. Several Ivy League professors have noted his work as "original" and "important," making other theories "irrelevant."

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
not sure if anyone posted this, but this is EXTREMELY interesting....

www.youtube.com...

its a 7 part video using actual astronomical events mixed in with clues about the star in scripture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join