It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth: about "economic crisis"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Look, I just have to get this off my chest.

The FED is going to print so much money, they are going to inflate their way out of trouble.

The only downside is that people who've saved their whole life are going to get wiped out.

The major upside is that we can pay off all of our debts and entitlement programs and wars.

So, don't be confused or shocked when the dollar goes through the floor. In the long run, it's going to save the Country from collapse.

/thread

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
The only downside is that people who've saved their whole life are going to get wiped out.

I'm sorry but that just isn't good enough.

I've saved my whole life, with good times helping me out through the bad, I've seen my shares & investments tank, I've seen the return on my savings dwindle to next to nothing & my private pension now has way less cash in the pot than the contributions I've paid in.

Meanwhile, a generation has grown up expecting something for nothing from the state, claiming social security benefits for years & paying nothing into the system at all, assuming they've ever worked a day in their lives. Sloth & inactivity seems to be rewarded in this great system of ours. Hard work & prudence, that oft quoted term, seems never to be rewarded.

Why bother working at all when everything you earn is taxed to the hilt and when most things you buy are taxed ? Why bother with anything tbh ?

There'll be a revolution if savings collapse. And heads will be on the block. Seriously.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charity

Originally posted by ConservativeJack

I'm sorry but that just isn't good enough.

I've saved my whole life, with good times helping me out through the bad, I've seen my shares & investments tank, I've seen the return on my savings dwindle to next to nothing & my private pension now has way less cash in the pot than the contributions I've paid in.

Meanwhile, a generation has grown up expecting something for nothing from the state, claiming social security benefits for years & paying nothing into the system at all, assuming they've ever worked a day in their lives. Sloth & inactivity seems to be rewarded in this great system of ours. Hard work & prudence, that oft quoted term, seems never to be rewarded.

Why bother working at all when everything you earn is taxed to the hilt and when most things you buy are taxed ? Why bother with anything tbh ?

There'll be a revolution if savings collapse. And heads will be on the block. Seriously.

You should be mad. I would be furious.

I think your right a lot of people will be devastated.

Fiat money, inflation, you lose all of your savings.

Unless you are WEALTHY, (10,000,000+), you will NOT be retiring at 65 and you will be working until your 80s.

You'll have to. Or you wont eat.

My friend, you ought to dump anything you have tied to the dollar while you still have some purchasing power (theres a nice rally for the dollar going on)

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Charity

Convert it to a trustworthy currency, gold, silver, peanuts, rice whatever people are willing to buy back after a collapse.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The part that sucks would be not the money you lose, but the time, effort and life you used up pursuing the money that was once valuable that no longer has any value thanks to the whims of a few politicians and businessmen that didn't and took shortcuts to maintain their positions in society. The real crime appears as the time and the fact that life cannot just be printed up on a tree, but maybe someday we will live an extra 100-200 years longer, but that might be the only thing that might make the loss bearable.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Where did you get this information? (Is this fact or belief)? If fact, I could see the collapse of the dollar spawning the official release of the Amero. I still think LaRouche's stance would be more beneficial in terms of the crisis on a global scale (including the US); the problem is that politicians are just to greed oriented and power-lusty to actually cooperate in the formation of a solution where there is less division between rich and poor, and more focus on overall prosperity. The problem is also that the rich (corporations and bankers) have the tendency not to be satisfied with only being rich, but also hunger for the power of overall control.

If the United States would suddenly decide to pay off all of the debts, it would leave the country incredibly vulnerable, and also in a similar position as Germany was at the beginning of World War II. One must realize that destroying the value of the US currency affects EVERYTHING within that country; from food to health to education... in essence the US population would drop like a rock, and so would the physical strength and intelligence of the people... which then in turn would practically pave the way for dictatorship.

So, I ask again... is this FACT or BELIEF?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I saw a video on Forbes.com today about hyperinflation vs. depression.

It said that in the last 12 Months the money supply has increased by 90%! The first time in history it has increased that much.

So, the hyperinflation has started, the higher costs AKA lower dollar values just haven't caught up yet.

Check it... (make sure you wait until AFTER the ad!)
Hyperinflation or Depression? Forbes.com

top topics

join