It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowblower for one inch of snow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I live in maine and we have one inch of snow on the ground right now.
As I type this one of my neighbors is using a snowblower! :bnghd:
I can't even begin to describe how insanely mad this makes me.
I want to go out there and either beat him senseless with a shovel, or stick a rag in the gas tank of his snowblower and blow it up.
I want to go ask him if he has any clue how ignorant he is for doing this.
I want to ask him if it's really worth wasting gas to use a snowblower for one inch of snow, when there is a war for oil going on. Some will say "oh we're not at war for oil, it's to save those poor citizens of Iraq," but tell me this, why would our government want to save them while they put the screws to us? However that is not what this rant is about.

I'm tempted to go say something to him but I know I will completely lose it and end up in jail tonight if I do. He is not elderly, he owns a shovel I've seen him use it on his stairs. I can understand using a snowblower when we have alot of snow but C'mon ONE INCH of snow... What the hell is wrong with this guy's head?
Can anyone possibly be THAT lazy? I want to go ask him if he realizes that it's people like him, and his ignorant waste of gas that have gotten us into this mess in the first place. :bash:

Yep, it's a short one, but that's my rant.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Apparently, he likes to play with his toy.
I would love for him to come up here. I got about 3 feet of snow he can blow around all he wants to. That is if he can stand -30 weather.

Edit to add..I USE A SHOVEL!

[edit on 7-12-2008 by AccessDenied]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Yeah that's nuts.
4-6 minimum for a blow job....

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by andolin
Yeah that's nuts.

Oh my gutter mind...:bnghd:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Thanks. I needed that!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Yeah that's nuts.

What if its 8" is that still worthy of a blow job or is that to much?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I think that you're anger is misplaced a bit, ashamedamerican

Our culture here in the states is formed to make life eaiser. Look around and see all of the waste. It's everywhere and it's not going away anytime soon.
Maybe the guy has a bad heart or some other medical condition. Not that you care about any of that. The cup of gas that it takes to run that blower is not even an issue here, chill bud.
It really sounds from you rant and title that you have a lot of anger issues that you need to get solved
Don't you think it's time to look into the mirror instead of out the window to find the answers for your misplaced anger?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
First of all thank you for pulling this thread back out of the gutter.

I'm well aware that everything is now about convenience. As for all the waste don't even get me started on that, everyone has this "well they waste why should I conserve" mentality which only sends this whole planet further down the crapper at record speed.

I actually have talked to this guy and know him a little bit, he's a walking contradiction. He jogs and hikes, yet fires up his snowblower for one inch of snow. He also drives a huge SUV because it makes him look cool and makes him feel manly and tough. I could understand the SUV for someone with a big family, or someone for example who needed to transport lots of stuff for work or something. He falls into neither catagory, he's just simply ignorant and wasteful, he seems to give no thought to anything beyond or outside of himself.

As for my 'anger issues' it's normal and healthy to get angry as long as you don't go off the deep end. Just because I wanted to go beat him senseless with a shovel does not mean that I did, I have no problem with restraining myself or keeping myself under control. I vent when I'm angry in the least violent ways you can imagine, like this rant for example.
If I had actually blown up his snowblower or beaten him with a shovel I would agree with you, however I did not. Just because my imagination is rather vivid does not mean that I misplace my anger, and although I find your comments slightly insulting I will still thank you for your concern for my well-being.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

Yeah that's nuts.

What if its 8" is that still worthy of a blow job or is that to much?

Considering your username....
it's better if I just

Running out of the thread now.....
(sorry for the off topic post)

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The guy paid a thousand bucks or more for it...don't get mad that he wants to get his money's worth. As long as he isn't stealing the gas for it out of your car, why are you concerned? Listening to a snowblower is just part of living in modern society where it snows. If it bothers you maybe you should move to the boonies. I think this is a case of myob.

p.s. Who cares whether he needs an SUV or not [according to you]? Worry about what car you drive instead of what your neighbor is doing.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
First off I doubt that he payed thousands of dollars for it.
They can be purchased for a few hundred dollars, and his is not exactly 'top of the line.'
However that is not the point, I don't care how much he payed.

The reason I am concerned is because I'm sure he's not the only ignorant person to waste gas over one inch of snow. I have no problem listening to it, that doesn't bother me.
As for it being a matter of minding my own business maybe you're right. Maybe if one of my neighbors beats his wife I should mind my own business. Maybe the U.S. and Russia should have minded their own business when the Nazi's were slaughtering millions of jews, afterall Hitler just wanted to 'get his money's worth' out of those gas chambers.

I understand the ridiculous nature of comparing my snowblowing neighbor to hitler, but the point is that if people don't take personal responsibility for their wasteful actions we're all going to be royally screwed soon.
Yep it's only a little gas each time he does it, but how many times will he do it, and how many other people will do it?

I'll just sit back and mind my own business, and when civilization crumbles because theres no gas left, or when your children can't go outside to play without a gas mask, I'll be waiting to say 'told you so.'
As for you're statement about who cares about SUV's, we should all care, and I assure you future generations will care.

They are wasteful abominations that require more gas to start than my hybrid does to take me across town, but you're right I should just worry about me and let him worry about him. It's not like I live on the same planet, or breathe the same air, or require the same fuel source that he's wasting, and that theres a limited ammount of. Let's all just mind our own business while the planet goes down the crapper, it's the right thing to do.

Seriously, do you even think before you type?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Reminds me of my buddy that went out an bought a top of the line riding lawn mower to mow his tiny yard. The guys yard is probably about the size of my living room.
It's annoying, but I would let it go.

new topics

top topics

join