It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Serious Warnings* Alert * Earthquake* Postings* Please Read*

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Yes, there is a major earthquate coming especially in the US. It only a matter of time and soon.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Star and flag for all the effort searching and compiling all this data into one thread. Nice!

As for the earthquake, the famous "big one" well, it IS going to happen, thats a fact. Just hope its not as big as scientists say it will. And hope it doesnt fire off yellowstone, cause its a possibility.

Nice thread.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgambill
controlled by HAARP and tesla's technology...google this.

This is actually informative I found a site where there is a YouTube vid about HAARP, the guy sounds a bit far fetched on some of his info, but what I found very interesting was the Lights in the sky before the Earthquake in Japan.

Take a look see.

current.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

I have a question - first you said you were a seismologist - then you admitted you were not - so that one whole thread was "false".

Now you are going on and on about there not being any type of problems in the New Madrid area.

So.........
that means you have discounted the earthquake in Ill. in April.
You have discounted the small EQ's that have happened on the New Madrid fault last week
You have discounted the EQ's that happened in Arkansas last week.

So - you are trying to say "you are the expert" and there has been "nothing" that has happened seismology wise around there.

2008 August 30 00:46:00 UTC - Missouri

Preliminary Earthquake Report
Magnitude
Date-Time
2008 08 30 00:46:00 UTC
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
13.7 kilometers
Region
ILLINOIS
Distances
NEAR Cape Girardeau, Missouri
40 km (25 miles) NW of Cairo, Illinois
170 km (105 miles) SSE of St. Louis, Missouri
280 km (175 miles) ESE of JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri

Location Quality Error estimate: horizontal +/- 0.9 km; depth fixed by location program
Location Quality
Parameters Nst=28, Nph=45, Dmin=5.9 km, Rmss=0.22 sec, Gp=68.4 degrees
Source
Cooperative New Madrid Seismic Network
Event ID nmhnw0830a

the above was right at the New Madrid

2008 November 18 11:28:37 UTC

Magnitude
Date-Time
2008 11 18 11:28:37 UTC
Depth
7.9 kilometers
Region
TENNESSEE
Distances
20 km (10 miles) S of New Madrid, Missouri
40 km (25 miles) W of Union City, Tennessee
150 km (90 miles) NNE of Memphis, Tennessee
335 km (210 miles) SE of JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri

Location Quality Error estimate: horizontal +/- 0.7 km; depth fixed by location program
Location Quality
Parameters Nst=22, Nph=32, Dmin=5 km, Rmss=0 sec, Gp=50.4 degrees
Source
Event ID nmhnw1118a

Magnitude 2.5 WESTERN KENTUCKY
Tuesday, January 01, 2008 at 10:59:53 UTC

Magnitude
Date-Time
Tuesday, January 01, 2008 at 10:59:53 (UTC) - Coordinated Universal Time
Tuesday, January 01, 2008 at 04:59:53 AM local time at epicenter

Depth
4 kilometers
Region
WESTERN KENTUCKY
Distances
25 km (15 miles) E of Cairo, Illinois
25 km (15 miles) W of Paducah, Kentucky
215 km (135 miles) SE of St. Louis, Missouri
315 km (195 miles) SSE of SPRINGFIELD, Illinois

Location Uncertainty
Error estimate not available, held by USGS NEIC to another agency's solution
Parameters
not available
Source
Center for Earthquake Research and Information, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Event ID uslrbs

Magnitude 1.6 SOUTHEASTERN MISSOURI
2008 December 05 12:57:24 UTC

Magnitude
Date-Time
2008 12 05 12:57:24 UTC
Depth
5.5 kilometers
Region
SOUTHEASTERN MISSOURI
Distances
15 km (10 miles) WSW of New Madrid, Missouri
40 km (25 miles) S of Sikeston, Missouri
160 km (100 miles) NNE of Memphis, Tennessee
315 km (195 miles) SE of JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri

Location Quality Error estimate: horizontal +/- 0.7 km; depth fixed by location program
Location Quality
Parameters Nst=19, Nph=31, Dmin=1 km, Rmss=0 sec, Gp=100.8 degrees
Source
Event ID nmhnw1205a

Magnitude 2.5 ARKANSAS
2008 December 03 19:21:51 UTC

Magnitude
Date-Time
2008 12 03 19:21:51 UTC
Depth
0.1 kilometers
Region
ARKANSAS
Distances
35 km (25 miles) N of Conway, Arkansas
55 km (35 miles) SSW of Mountain View, Arkansas
60 km (40 miles) WNW of Searcy, Arkansas
75 km (45 miles) N of LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas

Location Quality Error estimate: horizontal +/- 4.6 km; depth fixed by location program
Location Quality
Parameters Nst=9, Nph=10, Dmin=71.6 km, Rmss=0.37 sec, Gp=180 degrees
Source
Event ID nmhnw1203a

This is one, scientist are very concerned about, as it happened, where it should not have. They are now watching the area very closely!

Magnitude 2.5 INDIANA
Saturday, April 26, 2008 at 21:32:32 UTC

Magnitude
Date-Time
Saturday, April 26, 2008 at 21:32:32 (UTC) - Coordinated Universal Time
Saturday, April 26, 2008 at 05:32:32 PM local time at epicenter

Depth
5 kilometers
Region
INDIANA
Distances
20 km (10 miles) NE of Vincennes, Indiana
25 km (15 miles) NW of Washington, Indiana
60 km (40 miles) E of Olney, Illinois
150 km (95 miles) SW of INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana

Location Uncertainty
Error estimate: horizontal +/- 13.7 km; depth fixed by location program
Parameters
Nst=4, Nph=4, Dmin=62.2 km, Rmss=0.13 sec, Erho=13.7 km, Erzz=0 km, Gp=161.5 degrees
Source
USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID usrhc1

So, now Russian Scientist - ALL of your postings - have now been proven to be FALSE!

There ARE earthquakes that have been happening in the New Madrid area just in the last couple of months. I did not include the big one that happened in Ill. in April.

So people should NOT first say they are an expert on something and then not be able to back it up.

Over and over I say I am NOT an expert on any of this. BUT I have taken the time to inform myself and tried to learn as much as possible so others can become aware!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yes, its far fetched...the one world government and its plan matrix since May 1, 1776 without one month of a lost of continuity....is far fetched, and it took me a long time to see the truth in this. Its nuts.....but its true.

Its nuts about the chemtrails....they will be used to soften up the population when the civil war starts and when the Chinese and russians invade from their PRESENT LOCATION in Mexico, Cuba and South America. True story. The US has UN and Russian troops already here....

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i just want to make a comment on the earthquake of 1895, i read about this quake in a book called "the frontersmen" which told the story of the people who settled the ohio river valley, including the native americans in the area

dont qute me on my facts, i read this book awhile ago and found it fascinating reading!!!

the great shawnee chief tecumsa fortold of a major earthquake and tryed to ralley all the native americans together. when this "earthquake" was going to happen. his instuctions were to gather your weapons and head to detriot and we will war with the white man

the earthquake DID happen but nobody believed him

what did happen was a series of quakes lasting about 2 weeks(if im not miseaken) these were MAJOR quakes!! to call them a 6.0 is a conservative estamate!!

these quakes, about 3 total, did major damage to the area, lakes sudenly drained and fish were seen flopping in the empty basins, and lakes appeard where there was no lakes, this series of quakes even changed the coarse of the mississippi river!!!

also, the first 2 quakes were major, it was told that the last one was the worse!!!

and yes, hunters and trappers saw very abnormal animal behavior prior to these quakes

you can do some research on the shawnee chief tecumsa, he was widely know to be a prophet and highly respected by all tribes

that area looks like it can shake worse then the socal area!!

so be safe people

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Thank you so much for all this information. I think you can never be too safe! I'm not panicking, but I am more aware and all these tips are useful, no matter what. I do live in a heavily wooded area and I suppose my main concern is being a squashed bug under the trees!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Good post.
You have done a great job.

As for the sceptics ya need them to keep you focused. The more they push the more you'll push.

Don't get caught up in the mud-slinging just keep researching.

Again great job
silent-observer

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Burginthorn

I live in Rolla, which is 90 miles west of St. Louis, and Im not sure where the fault line is, in relation to where I live. But, Fort Leonard Wood is only 15 miles from me. I dont know if they have nukes at the fort. Wow, never really thought of that!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 4demon

This is how I see it. The OP values the whole webbot prediction thing. Furthermore he/she has been collecting strange animal behaviour (and also strange geological/meteological events). Indeed as far as I know the clouds are about mountains forming lenticular clouds. Anyway, the OP's attitude is: I think something is up and I can not keep silent. There is no question of making mistakes or not. Or apologizing for that matter. If one is interested than serach for your self for information, if one thinks o nonsens than never mind.

In the mean while, I find the accounts about animals very interesting and strange. Having said that, I do not live in the US and any earthquake (unless it created a tsunami) is not going to effect me. I do hope that what ever these "signs" are that no earthquake is going to happen.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
I have not said an earthquake is an absolute in the New Madrid area.
I posted on this thread what was posted on the other.
What I have said at the end of this thread, was for people to do some research themselves!!
Call the humane society, call well companies - call the media for them to investigate it!
I want people now to get involved in their own areas and find out for themselves through other sources if things are going on.
My point is to provide information. Then let people discover others on their own.

Just as I will tell my family and friends - when I give them information - I will tell them what I know, then I tell them to verify and research it themselves.

I have not done this to try and scare people, I have done it to make them more aware.
[edit on 7-12-2008 by questioningall]

Ok, you know what?
You've just pissed me off now.

All of these threads, all the content, all the pointing and yelling all the selective responses....responding only to parts that you have answers for and ignoring the rest.. and now you say your not predicting an earthquake and not trying to scare people?

I haven't until now jumped into this thread yet, and I was trying to be civil with you in the previous threads, trying to add a bit of realism and logic and you only responded when you were able to twist a meaning or jump on a bandwagoner to berate me I just let it go (pretty much) but now, you just took the BS a little too far.

I never intended to call you out, in fact I applauded your efforts.
I was seeking to clarify things for those ATS'ers who like to go to extremes. You have hundreds of supporters here all who want to believe ANYTHING you say, and now read earthquake into animal behaviors, clouds and unruly children...but that's ok, they are a select group who’d believe they saw “Virgin Mary” was in a peanut butter cup.. I get it.

But now..

NOW, you start telling us you are NOT predicting ****EARTHQUAKES****
You are merely compiling information so we can notify the media to do more research???????

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Three threads on virtually the same thing, all virtually contiguous?
Massive alarmist headlines. Post after post of "scary" picture links weird animal behaviors, predictions from webbot and you are trying to tell us now that you are not predicting

****EARTHQUAKES****

If I were a lawyer I think I’d have a rock solid case for perjury…
Note your thread titles:

1. Only 10 days Left-Until Predicted Huge Earthquakes

2. *Alert System* Tell what weird possible Earthquake Animal, Sky or Water behavior is happening

3. *Serious Warnings* Alert * Earthquake* Postings* Please Read*

I guess I am the fool because to me you certainly ARE PREDICTING EARTHQUAKES!

And you MOST CERTAINLY ARE SPREADING FEAR. I am not going to go through your dozens of follow up posts to prove it. You can preach to the choir and otherwise easily impressed.

You are a fear monger plain and simple.
I am so pissed right now it isn't even funny.

I can’t believe you are backtracking like that.

Originally posted by questioningall
I knew I would be bombarded with criticism, and I stand by what I wrote in the thread, I put myself out there - and in the end - if all this animal behavior proves to be nothing - I will right now tell you - I will write a thread about my being COMPLETELY WRONG ON EVERYTHING!
[edit on 7-12-2008 by questioningall]

I am SO holding you to this, in fact if you do NOT apologize when it doesn't happen I will make you aware of that fact as much as I possibly can. It’s not just animal behavior, it’s cloud formations, bad weather, webbot and all kinds of other ridiculous stuff…

I will NOT let this one go.

And you will not get a ten year (moves every month) window.
You have until the December 11th, 2008
(ring a bell..."only 10 days left")

And you will not get a pass with a aftershock in China or a little rumble in the basin..
I wasted my time on your posts… and now it sickens me.

UGGH!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
i will wait and see. i honestly to the bone know hat nothing will happen. i have seen these kind of prediction come and go.

i understand that most people when they don't agree with the OP just choose not to reply. well thats not right. i think that if something is wrong with this i will say it.

call me any word you wish but in the end it doesnt matter. if this post saves lives then great. but honestly if you need an ATS post to tell you something is wrong then maybe there is a problem with you.

if there was genuinely gonna be an earthquake, and if earthquake were on the rise you wouldnt need ATS to tell you.

large earthquakes usually have mild tremors before the actually big quake. its decmeber 8th and i see no posts of tremors.

i am here to be skeptical. its what i do. no need to yell at me. i will continue to be skeptical until proven otherwise.

if this quake does happen then i apologize for nothing either way because i am doing what i want to do. i am being myself. and IF they do happen then i seriously hope that people live. i dont want people to die anymore then anyone here.

ill wait until the 16th to post again. until then no more attacks aimed at me. abuse me when the time is right

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

o dear god i wish i read your post before i wrote the one above this. thank you so much for putting it out there. i didnt want to be the person to do it but thank you for doing it. you made my day.

skeptic unite

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
SEMO WILDLIFE

Yesterday, myself and three others went on a 6 hour day ride. Now let me say that in this six hours we were never on pavement and never more than at the most 20 miles from my home. We drove down in "deer haven", and in the entire time, NO deer were seen. We stopped and talked to a few older men training their dogs for hunting, we asked if they had seen anything and they said they had been out there since 5 am and not them or their dogs had seen, smelled anything. The oldest gentlemen there said "everything's gone, the woods have never been so quite." So at first I just brushed it off as odd that we didn't see anything, no squirels, opposums, beaver, raccoons, rabbits, deer, armadillos, turkeys nothing. I figured maybe just bad timing, wrong time of day. But when we went back out at around 9:00pm and came back at 1:30am, and not once saw a set of eyes the avid outdoorsmen/hunter with us said "something's wrong". Let me elaborate further by explaining this area. This government land, with springs, a river, several creeks, a lake and numerous "feed lots". There are no houses, on almost 12,000 acres. No paved roads, just logging gravel roads. I do know it could have been just coincidence, but even "shining" the fields there and on the way home resulted in no eyes. I asked them if they remember ever going out and not seeing anything and all of them agreed and said they can not ever remember not seeing something. The weather outside was about normal for the area, time of year, and it was partly cloudy last night. So weather can not explain that. I put a lot of stock into what the old hunter's say around here, they can tell you what the weather will be for upcoming seasons, rain, floods, ticks, hunting season you name it and they know this land. So when several of them have said, I don't know where all the game is, never seen the likes of it, it's like they just left, it does make me ponder even more, do the animals know something I don't.

Also I almost forgot, if you know how these hunting dogs work you'll understand that they are not played with, petted, etc. They have a job to do and only get "rewarded" if they do their job right. Once let out to run, they know to find a scent and trail it. The gentlemen we stopped and spoke to one of them made the remark about the dogs knowing their wasn't nothing out here, they didn't even try. One of the other men said something around the fact of letting them out and all of their dogs just kind of looked and would not even get out of sight of their box.

I apologize, I forgot to say where I am. I am located in Piedmont Missouri. Which is in South East Missouri. About 120 miles South of St. Louis,

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gormly
And you will not get a pass with a aftershock in China or a little rumble in the basin..

I think this is a important point. The earth is a very big place and not a day goes by where an earthquake doesn't happen somewhere. When no huge earthquake makes news on that day, the OP is likely to claim any small earthquake is "proof" of the prediction being correct.

This thread reminds me of the GFL thread. Enormous predictions, legions of blind followers, everyone working themselves up into a frenzy and looking so hard they find "proof" in the forecasted event in absolutely everything.

And now the OP is claiming that they are not REALLY predicting a earthquake? I don't think any reasonable person who read these threads believes that. The OP is most definitely predicting a massive earthquake.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

holy # this is what i have been saying. she is trying to say she didn't say one is gonna happen yet she has a whole thread on it. why the hell is no one payign attention to my words and just writes me off as a rude prick?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
reply to post by LowLevelMason

holy # this is what i have been saying. she is trying to say she didn't say one is gonna happen yet she has a whole thread on it. why the hell is no one payign attention to my words and just writes me off as a rude prick?

I've read most (not all) of the threads and it seems like you brought up my points a long time ago. You've been perfectly reasonable I think, but remember those who want to believe something will attack all those who question it, regardless of how nice you may be about your skepticism. Its not you - if I would have caught this thread in the beginning and brought up some reason or logic to question the claims I too would have been attacked by those who just desperately want to believe in this.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

No Tesla, you're right.
I've been following these threads since the first one originated, the "Ten day" prediction.
The OP made it very clear in the beginning their initial prediction was about an upcoming Earth quake (Large at that.)

Your posts aren't going unnoticed, or unread.

But as I've learned, one can only deny ignorance after the fact around here- Less we be criticized for being "Close minded".

We'll know the truth in a few days gentlemen.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason

Originally posted by gormly

I think this is a important point. The earth is a very big place and not a day goes by where an earthquake doesn't happen somewhere. When no huge earthquake makes news on that day, the OP is likely to claim any small earthquake is "proof" of the prediction being correct.

The real problem here is that it is only a prediction of an earthquake on a known fault line, where there is a likelihood of an earthquake. If it were a prediction of one on an unknown fault line, I'd be a lot more impressed, especially if something did happen. In fact, there are rather few recorded tremors in that area at the moment anyway. In fact, there are two. There are currently more in Yellowstone in the last week, is that indicative of imminent Super Eruption? Not really. It could be indicative of the fact that magma is there, but we already knew that.

Similarly, there is a lot of activity elsewhere as well, like California. I could if I were feeling cruel say "there will be an earthquake in California within the next two hours", and will probably right, possibly even with mutliple tremors. If I looked at statistics, I might be able to specify "in the next X hours, there is an A% chance of a magnitude Y earthquake, within Z kilometres of San Francisco".

IIRC, no one has ever noted a completely accurate link between strange animal behaviour and an earthquake. Yes it has occurred, but not really in an accurate way, and generally only just before the event.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

That's Benjamin Fulford. He portrays himself as an independent journalist but if you look into his career his access to information is odd.
He has these semi-crazy claims about the Asian Illuminati, etc. --Not entirely credible but interesting.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join