It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Serious Warnings* Alert * Earthquake* Postings* Please Read*

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I think it's been yet another good thread. Informative, insightful and best of all positive despite the title of the thread (and criticism it's recieved).

Definitely worthy of noting.

Now before I make further comments, it must be noted that I do not live in an EQ prone area (being in the UK!), however, we did experience a tremor this past summer reading 3.4 on the richter scale. This was considered LARGE by our country's standards, but having woken to hearing it it was momentarily terrifying (having never experienced a termor of that magnitute). So I'll continue with what I personally see as follows:

The OP has not intended in anyway or part to generate fear-mongery, nor have I summarised any level of negative scare-tactic from OP.

Collectively, I draw nothing more than positve fore-thought, and, if anything, consideration for fellow ATS posters by the very purpose (cause?) of this thread. One such positivity is somewhat redundant in many ATS topics, and strictly speaking, rarely ceases opportunity to co-exist with the negative feedback.

I have so frequently read post upon post of debunking material that simply does not stand to any credible justification other than ''It's my opinion''. Yes we all have opinion, but is it not without a sense of decorum that we should allow people to present information positively and be left for what it is i.e. positive purposeful exchange of information??? Open mindedness is probably one of the fundamental 'traits' in us all that draws us, and in most cases unites us, within these board walls. That alone, is what is often missing when discrediting a persons reasoning. It's called open-mindedness.

Not to discredit anyone on this thread, but it's one of the great downfalls to ATS that some of us still strive against in a well-informed forum. Web-bot or not, the OP has difinitively exhanged positive information here and whether one may decide to accept it or not the OP is not asking to judged in the credential of the information. As has been already assessed, the information is present in MSM and other sources and thus the OP is merely offering soluble discussion and reasoning with the hope that many can relate to and offer with. Not ridicule.

Pardon my intrusion there, but I do like to support people with a positive mind-frame and looking for good spirited discussion.

PEACE

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Comrads, I'm in the central USA currently, near Wichita, Kansas; and I'm an expert on earthquakes.

I use an advanced seismic system that detects earthquakes building up pressure days and weeks before they strike, and there will be "NO BIG Earthquakes in the Central USA" within the next few days; simply because the seismic pressure is currently registering normal background pressure.

Yes, there can be small earthquakes taking place in that area, which are normal for this region, but there is no chance of a destructive earthquake within 500 miles of Wichita, Kansas in the USA within the next few days.

This area covered where no destructive earthquake can take place without it being detected well in advance is in the region from Denver, Colorado in the west; Memphis, Tennessee to the East; Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas to the south; and North to Pierre, South Dakota. So.. there will be no major earthquake in that region in the next few days, simply because only normal background pressure is detectable.

Comrads, the OP has an interesting article going none-the-less, and the OP has every right in the USA to pursue such a conquest, even if it should end up in what might be considered failure by some, but Americans cannot give up the Right to "Freedom of Speech" to tyranants whom rant and rave to dispell one thing or another and then finally oppress everyone so that no one can speak out about anything without suddenly disappearing in the middle of the night, or being hauled away during the day, never to be seen again. So... carry on OP, we are all interested as to what turn of events may eventually show up because of your doings.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Questioningall:
Thanks for taking time to put all this together. It's great to see someone -searching- for answers rather than just read the people who criticize another for trying to work through thing. I don't post often but I 'lurk' here a lot. Your post and others like it where people have used their brain to come up with theories (whether or not they end up being something I believe) are why I love this place. So many times I start to read a thread and abandon it because it's people arguing opinions. I really appreciate you linking to and providing the circumstantial evidence in such a clear way for people to read on their own. If one more person takes a serious look at preparedness because of your posting, whether for earthquakes or as a possible lifestyle, you've done more than most people will. That's pretty awesome, in short, imnsho, ya done good. =)
~ana

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Great post and very informative!

Living on the "Edge" on the Pacific coast we all know we're due for a quake and Im glad theres a post like this as we all become a little complacent.

Excellent thread!

On my toes!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

You sir would not be telling the truth. No Seismologist will tell you that there is no possibility of a giant quake at any time. That's the nature of earthquakes.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Could the animals be responding to shifts in the earths electomagnetic field? Or some odd other natural phenomenon not yet brought up? I posted on your other thread about all the animals showing them selves in larger strange behaviors in philly pa area. I had a fox "thought to be nocturnal" yesterday in my back yard walking around casually and when approached just stared at me. I did get to close and suddenly feared rabies. It just stayed there like it was my dog wanting me to come pet it. I went back in to get my Gun incase i needed to put it down. I love animals! i would only have shot it if i honestly thought it was a danger. It was gone when i came back out but my neighbor was in his backyard and told me the fox just trotted right by him and he was scarred as hell but it could care less about him. For those that never have seen a fox They are very timid animals and never want to be seen, or approached by humans nor would they approach a human. Very odd but from what i have read on behavior before earth quakes is the entire population of foxes would be doing this. I only had one.
shifting magnetic poles, chemicals in the water or air? If no earth quake what could this behavior mean?
Full moon this Friday.. does that stress the crust plates?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
Comrads, I'm in the central USA currently, near Wichita, Kansas; and I'm an expert on earthquakes.

I use an advanced seismic system that detects earthquakes building up pressure days and weeks before they strike, and there will be "NO BIG Earthquakes in the Central USA" within the next few days; simply because the seismic pressure is currently registering normal background pressure.

Yes, there can be small earthquakes taking place in that area, which are normal for this region, but there is no chance of a destructive earthquake within 500 miles of Wichita, Kansas in the USA within the next few days.

This area covered where no destructive earthquake can take place without it being detected well in advance is in the region from Denver, Colorado in the west; Memphis, Tennessee to the East; Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas to the south; and North to Pierre, South Dakota. So.. there will be no major earthquake in that region in the next few days, simply because only normal background pressure is detectable.

Comrads, the OP has an interesting article going none-the-less, and the OP has every right in the USA to pursue such a conquest, even if it should end up in what might be considered failure by some, but Americans cannot give up the Right to "Freedom of Speech" to tyranants whom rant and rave to dispell one thing or another and then finally oppress everyone so that no one can speak out about anything without suddenly disappearing in the middle of the night, or being hauled away during the day, never to be seen again. So... carry on OP, we are all interested as to what turn of events may eventually show up because of your doings.

Ok in another thread you were repeatedly.....I mean repeatedly asked for links or proof of what you claim and you never once gave any of that which was asked. Instead you said you where the proof
I highly doubt that you are who you claim. I would like some of our real Russian members to try and prove if this guy is legit.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

You had better go back and re-read, because I did show a list, and I did tell where the knowledge came from my friend.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

CaptGizmo, after seeing one of the videos you posted about Jim Berkland, I was able to find his website. They also expect a quake from Dec 10-17 in the ring if fire, due to record tidal force.

www.syzygyjob.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Of course I'm telling the truth, and I'm not a seismologist, I'm a former geologist, now an Earthquake and Weapons of Mass Destruction Consultant; and yes I can tell you with 100% certainty when there is no chance of a big earthquake striking an area, because I know the true Nature of Earthquakes, and their detectable cycles which you and no seismologist knows anything about, or they would have told you all about it long ago. Only I have wrote about the Natural detectable cycles of earthquakes.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Lots of people may not understand the WebBot project but it shouldn't be written-off out-of-hand. It's not some parlor trick and, unlike an earlier poster suggested, had nothing whatsoever to do with the GHL 'event' (or lack thereof).

Anyone who has taken college-level psychology beyond the 101 level has undoubtedly been introduced to the vast body of scientific work around human precognition. Experiments have been conducted for decades by dozens of researchers and hundreds of scientific trials that prove that precongnition exists. No one claims to understand it but it has been proven again and again. Not just with 'sensitive' individuals but with random subjects. No one has been able to explain hiccups either but we all know they exist. The reseach suggests that we are all precognitive at the subconscious level. The Global Conciousness project was inspired by that body of work. As was WebBot.

There will always be people who will take the high-probability position that nothing will happen. It's a safe bet and allows them that cozy, smug feeling that makes them feel smart. In an earlier life they were standing around Orville and Wilbur sayin, 'If man wes meant to fly...'. Ignore them.

We all know that we're trying to identify the long-odds. low pobability phenomena. That's largely what ATS is all about. The ATS meme is what pushes the envelope. We're going to be wrong. Alot. So what?

That said, I took a quick look at USGS earthquake data from January 2005 through yesterday, December 7th, 2008. I looked at EQ's with a magnitude of 5.0 - 7.5. Here's what I found:

Worldwide, the number trend of Mag 5.0 - Mag 7.5 EQ's increased between March 2006 through December 2007. Since last December, the trend has declined. Since August 2006, however, the trend of the average magnitude of those EQ's has increased. This suggests that although we're having fewer biggies the ones we are having are increasing in average magnitude.

For that same period, the picture is different for North and Central America (roughly 52 - 160 longitude and 25 - 72 latitude). The trend of numbers of EQ's decreased for all of 2007. The average magnitude trend decreased from October 2006 through January 2008. Since January of this year, the trend for both numbers of large EQ's and their average magnitude has been on the increase.

Keep in mind Dec 2008 is incomplete so there is a premature drop-off of the trends at the end of the charts.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This past Sunday Dec 7th, 2008 I was out at a local Metropark in SE Michigan, walking through the woods. I generally see deer, and I always see squirrels. Lot's of 'em........red, gray, and black. This time, I didn't see any deer, and there were no squirrels around at all. It was a nice, sunny day, cold, and there should have been a lot of activity. It struck me as a bit odd but I didn't think too much of it.

Then I'm walking around the lake, and I see a HUGE flock of Canada geese........flying around, in one great big circle. Every time I've seen Canada geese, they fly straight across the sky, they may turn a bit, but it's always Point A to Point B. But not these gees. They're just circling, going nowhere.

I'm watching this, and a guy and his wife walk up to me, they see this weird thing the geese are doing and they're like, WTF man? Why are they acting so weird? The two of them watch for a bit and then they start telling me that during the past two weeks, thier pets have been going berserk or acting very odd........usually calm and quiet cats suddenly jumping up and smacking the walls for no reason, or walking around aimlessly, meowing loudly, thier dog won't stop barking or he sits in the yard, staring at the sky and he barely moves. They said all this has been happening on-and-off and it started up during the week of Thanksgiving.

Wierd. I wonder if we're on the cusp of something big happening....probably New Madrid if anything.

link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

That's a lot like me saying there is no way your going to have a heart attack and I know because I'm a pharmacist! You shouldn't listen to those crazy Cardiologists, they know nothing! Only I the maker of pill x who want tell you his name or any scientific data knows the true information

Thanks comrad but no thanks.

link   
I work for the state of Oregon, and a friend of mine works on the taskforce preparing for the Pac NW earthquake. The capitol of the state of Oregon will be moved from Salem, Or to Bend, Or in the event of the massive earthquake which is overdue. See the link below

www.livescience.com...

The state is preparing for a 9.0+ magnitude earthquake, and estimates the damage would take years to clean up as there will be nothing left.

Additionally, according to my friend they are also aware and considering the volcanic side-effect that such an earthquake could trigger. Mt. Rainer, Mt Helens, Mt. Hood, Mt. Jefferson, and the Tri-Sisters mts. are all active volcanoes and may go off as a result. Who knows?

Oh and btw, on my drive to work this morning I saw a pair of dogs running down the road heading south on Hwy 99 at 6am, was totally dark outside and caught a glimpse of them in my headlights, they looked lost. Also noticed odd cloud formations last week. Great thread!! even if circumstantial, and it doesn't happen, no harm in being prepared.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
im going to assume that the 2 of you weren't here for the GFL fiasco

www.abovetopsecret.com...

where something much like this happened. alot of hype. A "credible" source and alot of buffoons. and then what nothing.

so please excuse me for being a realist. and excuse me for wanting evidence. and i sincerely apologize for not following blindly.

Actually, this is a bit different than the GFL fiasco. The op has "channeled"nothing, but has used some detective skills and analytical skills.

And, it's true, the webbot program is well over 10 years old, and also has a somewhat accurate track record, albeit not much over 50/50, as I understand it. I may be wrong on that.

In my opinion, this is not fear mongering, but simply the OP banding people together in order to try to save lives in the event of a large earthquake, which is both possible and probable, according to credible sources.

I would rather be prepared and have nothing happen than be blindsided by a major disaster and potentially lose my life or my family.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I just wanted to voice my respect for the OP for this posting and whether or not anything happens on the proposed dates. I think that this has been a well thought out idea and you should be relived to know that most of us are behind your investigative insights. It clearly shows that you are looking out for your fellow brother and sister and willing to take the extra effort and criticism that has been placed on your task. It is nice to know that there are people in this world that are so forthright and caring.

If all humans where this diligent earth would be a better place. So hold your head high. Even if this leads to nothing it accomplishes a system that can be revived at a later time. I hope people will learn that it’s the efforts like this that are truly meaningful in the tough times that humanity faces.

I sincerely hope that you continue on with your efforts because most of us support your findings.

Thanks
Arc

Some people might want to spend more time proofreading their rants other than criticizing so much! Plus using profanity shows a lack of effort.

You are really starting to give a former genius a bad name.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by arc de triumphe]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

whoshotJR, I wouldn't believe those cardiologists either, hahahaha. My uncle went in one day for a check up, they ran and EKG on him and everything else and told him he was in great physical condition; he called and told my aunt that on his phone, and that he was going to do a few errands on the way home. On the way home, he had a massive heart attack, and was paralyzed on his left side for a few days; he hasn't been the same since.

Earthquakes are different, they all have cycles that are the same, just as the sun and the moon have predictable detectable cycles. You would have to be totally ignorant to believe that one of the greatest forces on Earth could not be detectable before it occurs. Think how many billions of tons of earth must be moved before and earthquake can strike, and how far it must move before the elasticity of the Earth breaks, this elasticity, or movement is easily detectable, by more than one process. Seismologist use rapid response seismographs to waves caused by the breakage of subsurface material, if they would use one that detects slower movements they would have the knowledge also.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Russian is right. The last New Madrid quake wasnt a surprise. They had several large quakes for three years leading up to the one that caused so much distruction.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
controlled by HAARP and tesla's technology...google this.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Thank You Mrsdudara, but three years is a long time, and I'm really not talking about it in that aspect, here is the aspect I'm talking about.

Each and every earthquake of all magnitudes that occurs naturally has its own cycles that are detectable 24 hours a day; for days and sometimes weeks before it strikes. These cycles are all highly predictable simply because they are very easy to detect on an every day basis, 24 hours a day; and the cycles are always the same.

In the case of a major earthquake, the pressure in the ground would be detectable from great distances well over 500 miles from a major earthquake; and I'm talking about hours and days before it can possibly strike. Not only that, if you have the right equipment powered up and tuned properly, you would simply slowly turn around in your house and view the radiation coming through your walls from the fault under abnormal pressure and outline it on a wall or board. If your equipment is not powered up and tuned to detection of the radiation, then of course there is nothing for anybody to see, and you would and will never know that it exists there for you to see.

Currently there is only background radiation, and background seismic signals. Background signals and radiation only occur when there is nothing creating massive amounts of pressure or radiation within its known parameters. Ergo, there is no massive earthquake in the central USA getting ready to strike within the next few days.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join