It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Serious Warnings* Alert * Earthquake* Postings* Please Read*

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Hey Mate,
Your science is rough, however I'm starting to be some what drawn towards your methods of gathering pre-evidential reports.

Anyway, I have watched your past three threads and whilst, I believe the whole "Web Crystal ball machine"is dubious, I do not doubt that there is a collective consciousness and if this should be the case, well why not the Web to be this medium... (hey, Bees have being doing this for Millennium)

I shall certainly wait with baited breath for the period 10th - 15th Dec.

Good Luck and shall your horse carry two men.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

If you feel a quake in our area. you are safer in the house! even though they aren't designed to withstand earthquakes. just get under a heavy sturdy object and hold on until the quake stops. then get out of the house. If your house collapses around you don't panic. try to find a way out if you can if not make a lot of noise so people outside can hear you, I promise people that are outside will dig you out!

I stated earlier on a OP reply page 4 that getting UNDER a heavy sturdy object is the last thing you should do and to verify this please look at the 9 min vid called Triangle of life on you tube - www.youtube.com...
What little i can contribute to this thread is that if such an event is gonna happen then those in potential area's NEED to watch this vid about a guy who has been involved in thousands of earthquake rescues etc etc and his guide to surviving one is remarkable and very informative such as, if you get under a desk or bed you could be crushed by a pancake effect yet if you lie in the space beside a large heave strong object the force/energy is spread upon that object being crushed and it will certainly not get crushed to an inch thick unlike our water based bodies, p p p weeeeese watch the vid! it could save ya life!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Further regarding my post at the top of page 3 in this thread, here is a closer view of December 10 in the Timewave program:

There it is, plotted in the software 15 years ago. If this seems like nonsense to you, please check out Terence McKenna's Novelty Theory here:

en.wikipedia.org...

Again, a timelapse sequence highlighting the Dec 10 shift: au.youtube.com...

The OP (questioningall), webbots, Timewave Zero, the Global Consciousness Project -- our collective consciousness in general (that of both animal and Man) are all on to something.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
As a veteran of several earthquakes,I've lived in So Calif my whole life,all I can say is if a big quake hits,and your indoors and your home hasn't been sesmically retrofitted,get out and stay away from large poles and utilitie lines,your home could be your coffin,the roof will probably collapse,make sure you know where to shut off your gas and electricityand yes in Calif most people have water supply first aid kit etc,it's not that we in Calif are desesitized,just a way of life here

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

300,000 people do die everyday or thereabouts but it is so spread out globally it never is really close enough to home for anybody to be bothered!! but 300,000 die all in one or 2 areas then it gets our attention!! why? too close to home or do we not really care about dying starving people and kids in 3rd world countries. Not saying you dont care but dont be so naive to think that only that amount of people die from single disasters, spare a thought daily for the thousands dying daily of epic proportions in poverty ridden countries that we are just not told about in a manner or consistency that makes us give a damn eg out of sight out of mind!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
I just want to say thank you to the OP for such well put together research. Great job! And I agree with some of the other posters, here, ignore the smart a$$ commentators. I skipped over them, because I'm reading this post for information and to me, those are a waste of my time, and a waste of space here. It sounds like grade school antics to me.
I have a couple of questions.
First of all, I live 90 miles due west of St. Louis, right on the I-44 corridor.
IF and when this earthquake happens, which yes, we all know is inevitable, what would you suspect the damage to be in my area? I know that's almost impossible to predict, but I'm not so educated on the New Madrid fault, as it was just something I never chose to study.
What are some tips to stay safe? Ive never really experienced an earthquake, as we are just survivors of tornadoes in this area
. Ask me about those, and I can write a novel! I live in a single story dwelling, are these considered safe? Should you leave your house? I dont know, I guess I have alot of questions. Also, since the area I live in is abundant in caves, which I probably live on top of one, would the ground actually cave in?
I'm also aware that the USGS has been doing extensive studies in this area for the past year. Taking samples from the local caves, cliffs, soil, etc. as there has been above normal "activity" in the area. We did have an earthquake in spring here,, but honestly I didnt feel it.
About the animal activity, I havent heard birds since summer. That's something I remarked on back in October. Strange not to hear birds in the morning. Also, I dont know if this has anything to do with it, but I talked to a friend just the other day about this. For the past month, Ive just had this anxiety, fear, weird feeling that something is going to happen. Like anticipation, uneasy feeling.

As I said in my thread, I am not an expert, scientist, or anything of that sort, I can not say how anybody would be affected in any type of dwelling - away from the quake, or what type of dwelling will do better than others.
I do know from history and other quakes recorded - that there would be damage around the whole epicenter. The quake at the New Madrid in 1811 - caused chimneys to crack in Maine and cracked sidewalks in Washington D.C - so any quake of a huge magnitude would cause damage hundreds of miles out. That is history - I have read.

I did this project - as a research into animal behaviors - due to the fact people's lives have been saved by watching them.

In my first thread, I did put in it - one thing EVERYONE can do, no matter where you live is strap in your water heater (I did mine the other day - it took all of 3 minutes) and also watch the youtube video (Triangle of Life)
www.youtube.com...

regarding preparing - incase of ANY emergency there are great websites to go to:

www.redcross.org...

earthquake.usgs.gov... (that is the prepardness page)

www.nationalterroralert.com... (that is about water and storing it)

books.google.com... fLutOFtHjXlivVDqg&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=7&ct=result#PPP1,M1

The above book is online - it is about back country backing in the way of survival and food preps - it has some very good information - about how to survive and prepare food for long durations.

www.fema.gov...

Are You Ready? provides a step-by-step approach to disaster preparedness by walking the reader through how to get informed about local emergency plans, how to identify hazards that affect their local area, and how to develop and maintain an emergency communications plan and disaster supplies kit. Other topics covered include evacuation, emergency public shelters, animals in disaster, and information specific to people with disabilities.

That external source is for the above link from fema

www.homepreparednessconsultants.com...
interesting website of cooking things in emergency situations

solarcooking.org...
all kinds of different type solar cookers that anyone can make with items they have around the house

www.associatedcontent.com...
great information about dehydrating foods
(note - I have been working on the dehydrating of foods for a couple of months - you can dehyrate eggs and many other things, you might not believe is possible)

hubpages.com...
good for learning how to preserve your dehydrated foods

Here are just some sources, for ANY type of emergency prepardness.

Also - if you have the money - I would highly suggest for you to think about water situations in any emergency. Water is what sustains life, we can live without food for a few days, but we can not live without water.

I found this site and water filter - You can seriously take, gross, bacteria filled, chemical filled water from any source and this filter (the only one like it - I found) can filter all things out - it will take green water and turn it into fresh drinkable water. I went ahead and spent the money and bought one - it is the best water I have ever had.
berkeleywaterfilters.com...

Those are a few links for everyone no matter where you live - it is good to have knowledge of how to survive what ever may happen through any type of disaster.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Thank you for the information.

Does anyone have information on animated earthquake models for the New Madrid fault?

How far away would effects be felt?

Would an earthquake of that magnitude affect the eastern coastline?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Nice job questioningall. I was one of the first to start plotting the strange animal behavior in you previous thread as I felt as they were coming in we should be looking to see if there was any connection. I think you are doing very well with this and I support your effort. Please keep in mind with some of the reports that some ares will be experiencing large flocks of bird moving as they travel to warmer area for the winter migration. That being said there definitely does seem to be a odd Exodus of wild life in the main fault area.

Earthquakes are hard to predict and the science of predicting them is relatively new in the scheme of things. So using animals who were here long before us is not something I think some should just discount. They are much more in tune to nature than you or I ever will. I am a little perplexed at some of the auto debunkers just not willing to look into the reality of animals and their ability to predict disasters.

A Alien spaceship prediction is miles away from Earth bound geological predictions. Not even in the same ball park if you will. That reference is ridiculous. I do not feel what questioningall is doing is causing panic...on the contrary; she has worked diligently in providing key points to the possibility of a earthquake that may happen within an area that could if at all possible give some people a heads up to a pending disaster. I would rather be prepared and nothing happen than do nothing and have a house fall on my head and family and wishing we were more prepared.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
WOW 7 pages, that was quite a read ....

The one thing that played on my mind whilst reading this thread - IF an Earthquake was to happen in the suggested area, does anyone know how many nuclear weapons are there? I'm talking about the underground bunker type defense weapons the U.S has dotted all over the country.

It would be interesting to know if indeed there are these types of installations in the suggested Earthquake zone, and more importantly, what that could mean IF a major quake was to strike.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This is very scary, I approve of this discussion. Absolutely in every way, you are doing the right thing. People need to be warned and comparing stories is possibly the very best way of going about to do just that.

Nothing strange in SC, I do notice that I haven't heard many birds though as I normally have. I live very close to a forest, right down the road and I'm accostumed to the chirping and the yelling of birds over my house. Silence has been the only greeting over the past week or so.

Peace to you all,
and I know I will, and you will take the proper precautions as well.

This has been predicted more than once now.

-CM

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

In Maryland, we have Geese like crazy that are normally gone this time of year! we actually have more right now that we did in the summer!!!!

strange to hear everyone saying the animals and birds are non existent. They must have come up north to Pa because my wife and i were wondering if the birds are having a big party here. We even saw a Black squirrel here which is big because we look forward to our squirrels and can tell who's who. We have 6 regulars but today we got chipmunks, rabbits, a black squirrel, and birds out the wazoo! I live in the suburbs out side philly and besides birds and squirrels the rest of them are rare to see.

MARKLE Indiana — Five deer that wandered onto a highway overpass jumped to their deaths onto Interstate 69, one of them crashing through a tractor-trailer’s windshield, police said.
After the animals’ fatal plunge, their mangled carcasses littered the expressway “It’s the weirdest run I’ve ever had in 28 years The 20- to 30-foot fall killed all five deer.

We live in Idaho and the rooster has been crowing almost non-stop for two days. I am sure the neighbors will be complaining soon. The hens are acting like they are starving and refuse to lay. The ducks have been talking up a storm and are picking on each other. The goats won't shut up and they have been in the field and they just stare at the house and cry.

southeast corner of Michigan near Lake Erie.
The other day when I was out side finishing off the 'leaves' for the year, I noticed several small flocks of swans flying basically in circles over the area for several hours.
This year's Canada Goose migration was odd as well. It started very early.

Before Thanksgiving we have seen real strange wild animals behavior. My inside dogs don't move much
My birdfeeder is still full should have been empty by now. My cardinals are gone, found one dead on my deck it We had at least two pair maybe three of cardinals and haven't seen a one for over a month. One pare of blue jays, not seen. One day it was a deer the size of a small horse, another day it was a racoon, another day it was a coyote and on another day a bear cub. Confused is the right word. We dont go out everyday or at the same time everyday. These animals were all out in the middle of the day. The animals were confussed that is the right word now that I think about it. – N.C

I live in central Kentucky. I found a dead coyote in my backyard on Sunday. As far as I could tell, he had not been shot or hit by a car. I could see no injuries on him whatsoever. He appeared to be very healthy (thick fur, not skinny at all) before he died. I still don't know how he died. Maybe from exhaustion?

many Geese which usually fly south for the winter, and have been on the same track for many years kept flying back and forth for days. We lost track of which direction they finally went. – Missouri

Chicago checking in. I took a walk outside and there is not a bird or a squirrel to be seen. Not one. It's usually like Wild freaking Kingdom out there, and everytime I go out to smoke, there are a number of squirrels and birds, including my buddy, the Big Black Squirrel, who is especially fearless.

I live approximately 50 miles due north of Indianapolis, and for the last 7 years, I feed regularly 17 adult raccoons on average and during early summer I feed the babies. I have been heart broken for the past 3 weeks. I have not seen any raccoons, possums, rabbits. Not one. Their food bowls have remained untouched A friend of mine drives a truck daily to Georgetown, KY, and last week 2 days in a row, near Dry Ridge, KY, he had a redtail hawk hit his windshield so he was extremely upset. I too have increased cardinals, blue-jays, and a bird that never visited my feeders till now is, the eastern bluebird. My deer population has been nil. I have not seen them in their normal routes around my home or I have not seen their tracks. I thought I would add to this thread because we had an earthquake in April of this year with aftershocks, and I had noticed unusual animal behavior before this occurred and did not associate this with an earthquake, also around Indianapolis in April I believe, they had a small lake dry up if I'm not mistaken, maybe someone from Indianapolis can remember this and verify..

I live in central Tennessee, and there have been some odd things with the birds here.
Two mornings in a row and there were literally hundreds of birds in my front yard. It looked like a scene out of that movie the birds.
I also live in out in the country so I see alot of livestock which are also behaving in odd manners. They are being restless, seeming irritated, and they are just acting odd in general.
Being around them everyday its just easy for me to tell, and hard to describe

I'm in the western tip of NC and remarked just yesterday on the large number of birds that are hangng out in the area. Even saw a flock of robins out in a snow-covered field yesterday evening. A bit odd for here at this time of the year.

I'm in Utah and I am also an insurance agent. I'm used to taking animal/vehicle accident claims, but yesterday a client called in and this weekend he hit a deer (antlers stuck in his bumper for a minute and everything) and the deer just got right back up and kept running.
On thanksgiving my husband and I were commenting about the large influx of birds in our area - we saw literally 1000s (there are usually some birds in the area but nowhere near these numbers).

Check in from Southeast, Tn here. 5 hours east of the new Madrid. The dogs in my neighborhood have been barking incessantly for the last month, all day and all night. I hardly ever see any birds in the sky, let alone chirping.

My sister who lives in Keota Ok. right by the border of Arkansas, saw this morning a whole bunch of groups/flocks of birds. She said it was like 5 differant bunches or flocks of black birds outside of Pocola, Ok that is right by the border of Arkansas. Enough birds to fill a few fields. My sisters husband said that they would be flying south/southwest

[edit on 7-12-2008 by questioningall]

Just to clear up one thing here.... This Maryland thing about the geese is just false flag I'm in the D.C. Maryland area and the reason they (the geese) are staying is because is been fairly mild here...? There not acting strange... I do think animals can sense dangers like natural events but I believe alot of people in here are feeding into this because your asking them to watch for things they would never watch for on a daily basis and they are seeing things that are the norm but they never payed any mind just becuase they were busy with their daily lives. This is a good idea in theory but again we are going right down the dooms day chapters road and were starting a buncha crap that will make ATS look like were a buncha people who are not serious.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
You have done a nice job of compiling stories here recently.

However, I have been watching and noteing animal behavior around here for years. I live around the Kansas City area, and often camp in mid-Missouri and southern Missouri. The odd animal behavior began about 3 years ago. Especially in the spring and fall. Bears have been migrating north, and cougars have been moving in and north. That creates a type of chaos for the other animals here as you can imagine. As for the birds, they follow pressure changes. The lovely, little rodents, I am afraid have been harmed by the odd spring weather changes we have had.

Animals are also keen to the feelings of those around them. Take a good look at society right now. Most people are feeling a crunch. A lot of animals are being moved out of the woods because people are moving in. Hungery upset depressed people.

Now, I dont doubt that we will have another quake here sometime. Around here, we were all taught about it in school. That and the areas around here that are expected strike zones for a nuclear war, what to do etc. What are now called tornado sirens were not actually put in for a tornado alert system. They are air raid sirens put in during the cold war times. All along Missouri, from north to south are areas we were all taught that even though it looks like nothing, they are actually missile launchers. There are quite a few millitary planes that we do not notice that drive dogs crazy because of the sound they put off being different than anything else. A lot of the areas mentioned by people who are having dogs whinneing and looking up at the sky are are areas that are most likely haveing planes fly over. You have the 101st airborne division on the Kentucky Tennessee border. Whiteman (where the stealth and some other very cool planes) is in MidMissouri, their flypath is all over the central US. The Airforce base in New Mexico has had a lot of (what the bystanders in the area call..) spy planes taking off along with other "very cool" aircraft. We have had Russian warships in the Carribean and they just went through the Panama canal either Thursday or Friday docking at our old navy base there.

So long story short there are a lot of things going on now that would cause what you have been seeing.

You can search for yourself though if you are interested enough, and see that every fall there is a thread over in Fragile earth talking about everything you see here.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Excellent job on your thread OP.

Because of the warning signs I have since covered the antique china in a bunch of cloth naptkins, hope it helps. Today I will refill and freshen all of my 5 gal containers for storage.

I have to say that prior to most major quakes I get very sleepy, and feel a shaking sensation on my lower extremities. For the past few nights as I lay down to bed, I get the same quaking sensation in my upper extremities. I was actually stretched out and had a visualization of my body being the United States, the past quakes I have precoged were in California,(I freaked out from sleep one time at 3 in the afternoon, knowing there had been an earthquake in Cal. This was in about 1993ish, I called my Grandma frantic warning her of an earthquake and to be careful, that night at 3am it struck her in Huntington beach, she sprang up and broke her toe on the dresser) the quaking feeling being in my upper torso would mean a quake in the mid to upper midwest region.

I am normally a night owl and my hours have been TOTALLy turned around for the past 3 nights. Not only a complete turn around in my sleep habits but get this...

For the past 3 nights I have been waking at 2:30 am. Not just waking but wide awake. I step outside and I hear a low humming noise, a vibration more than a noise. I live in the country so it is dead silent normally.

Now this has happened 3 nights in a row. Very strange, and with all the sleep I am getting, I do not feel rested. I have much to be greatful for, stress levels are no more than usual, and for the most part my life is good. No extreme changes which should challenge me like this.

So again I come to your threads and add what I am feeling to the mix.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

I have to say that you are right on. I have spoken with the local Police here in my area as when last reported over 600 brown bears have been noted migrating up to Missouri area from Arkansas. We also have deer, boar and many others migrating north for the past 3 years.

It has become even faster paced and there is no real explainations for this strange behavior.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
please read the following on what to do if you are riding out an earth quake. What is mentioned below was NOT taught to us as we were growing up. This comes from a man who was a rescuer in earth quake disasters.

EXTRACT FROM DOUG COPP'S ARTICLE ON THE: "TRIANGLE OF LIFE"

My name is Doug Copp. I am the Rescue Chief and Disaster Manager of the
American Rescue Team International (ARTI), the world's most experienced
rescue team. The information in this article will save lives in an earthquake.

I have crawled inside 875 collapsed buildings, worked with rescue teams
from 60 countries, founded rescue teams in several countries, and I am a
member of many rescue teams from many countries.

I was the United Nations expert in Disaster Mitigation for two years. I
have worked at every major disaster in the world since 1985, except for
simultaneous disasters.

The first building I ever crawled inside of was a school in Mexico City
during the 1985 earthquake. Every child was under its desk. Every child
was crushed to the thickness of their bones. They could have survived by
lying down next to their desks in the aisles. It was obscene, unnecessary and
I wondered why the children were not in the aisles. I didn't at the time
know that the children were told to hide under something.

Simply stated, when buildings collapse, the weight of the ceilings
falling upon the objects or furniture inside crushes these objects, leaving a
space or void next to them. This space is what I call the "triangle of life".
The larger the object, the stronger, the less it will compact. The less the
object compacts, the larger the void, the greater the probability that
the person who is using this void for safety will not be injured. The next
time you watch collapsed buildings, on television, count the "triangles" you
see formed. They are everywhere. It is the most common shape, you will see,
in a collapsed building.

TIPS FOR EARTHQUAKE SAFETY

1) Most everyone who simply "ducks and covers" WHEN BUILDINGS COLLAPSE are crushed to death. People who get under objects, like desks or cars, are crushed.

2) Cats, dogs and babies often naturally curl up in the fetal position.
You should too in an earthquake. It is a natural safety/survival instinct. You can survive in a smaller void. Get next to an object, next to a sofa, next to a large bulky object that will compress slightly but leave a void next to it.

3) Wooden buildings are the safest type of construction to be in during
an earthquake. Wood is flexible and moves with the force of the earthquake.
If the wooden building does collapse, large survival voids are created.
Also, the wooden building has less concentrated, crushing weight. Brick
buildings will break into individual bricks. Bricks will cause many injuries but
less squashed bodies than concrete slabs.

4) If you are in bed during the night and an earthquake occurs, simply
roll off the bed. A safe void will exist around the bed. Hotels can achieve a
much greater survival rate in earthquakes, simply by posting a sign on The back of the door of every room telling occupants to lie down on the floor, next to the bottom of the bed during an earthquake.

5) If an earthquake happens and you cannot easily escape by getting out
the door or window, then lie down and curl up in the fetal position next to
a sofa, or large chair.

6) Most everyone who gets under a doorway when buildings collapse is
killed. How? If you stand under a doorway and the doorjamb falls forward or
backward you will be crushed by the ceiling above. If the door jam falls sideways you will be cut in half by the doorway. In either case, you will be killed!

7) Never go to the stairs. The stairs have a different "moment of
frequency" (they swing separately from the main part of the building).
The stairs and remainder of the building continuously bump into each
other until structural failure of the stairs takes place. The people who get
on stairs before they fail are chopped up by the stair treads - horribly
mutilated. Even if the building doesn't collapse, stay away from the
stairs. The stairs are a likely part of the building to be damaged. Even if the
stairs are not collapsed by the earthquake, they may collapse later when
overloaded by fleeing people. They should always be checked for safety,
even when the rest of the building is not damaged.

8) Get Near the Outer Walls Of Buildings Or Outside Of Them If Possible
- It is much better to be near the outside of the building rather than
the interior. The farther inside you are from the outside perimeter of the
building the greater the probability that your escape route will be
blocked.

9) People inside of their vehicles are crushed when the road above falls
in an earthquake and crushes their vehicles; which is exactly what happened
with the slabs between the decks of the Nimitz Freeway. The victims of
the San Francisco earthquake all stayed inside of their vehicles. They were
all killed. They could have easily survived by getting out and sitting or
lying next to their vehicles. Everyone killed would have survived if they had
been able to get out of their cars and sit or lie next to them. All the
crushed cars had voids 3 feet high next to them, except for the cars that had
columns fall directly across them.

10) I discovered, while crawling inside of collapsed newspaper offices
and other offices with a lot of paper, that paper does not compact.
Large voids are found surrounding stacks of paper.

Spread the word and save someone's life... The Entire world is
experiencing natural calamities so be prepared!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

Just to clear up one thing here.... This Maryland thing about the geese is just false flag I'm in the D.C. Maryland area and the reason they (the geese) are staying is because is been fairly mild here...? There not acting strange... I do think animals can sense dangers like natural events but I believe alot of people in here are feeding into this because your asking them to watch for things they would never watch for on a daily basis and they are seeing things that are the norm but they never payed any mind just becuase they were busy with their daily lives. This is a good idea in theory but again we are going right down the dooms day chapters road and were starting a buncha crap that will make ATS look like were a buncha people who are not serious.

Actually, please read many of the posts, the various ATS members wrote "they had observed these things, BEFORE" I introduced the thread to ATS.

Actually, you are also looking at the thread in only ONE way, turn it around and look at it in another way also........

By doing these threads on ATS - something has possibly started that could become a valuable research project in the future. Since there is history of people paying attention to animals pre disasters and following the animals to safety and their lives thus being saved in other countries. ATS might have taken a step towards the future and organizations in the U.S. start looking more closely at using animals as warnings to oncoming disasters.

Was this "project" done perfectly? NO

But in the limited time I felt I had to do this and in the responses I got from postings, this is what I have released.

Would I have liked to have had more people involved? - Yes

Would I have liked to have experts in various fields involved - Yes

But did I do, what I could in a few days time - and limited in scope? - Yes

Would I like this for a basis of "experts" to take a serious consideration of researching animal reactions before earthquakes and other disasters happen? - Yes

Do I hope this is some kind of jumping off point and going farther into the future with? - Yes

I will state once again - I am not an expert, nor scientist in any of these fields - but I felt VERY COMPELLED to do this!

Though many many many times - I wanted to drop it, and when I was putting this thread together to post, my heart was in my throat many times. I would start drawing back and say to myself "No, I am not going to post this - and put myself out there for tons of put downs and critisim".
I have also had moments since posting this - of wanting to delete it all.

But - I will tell you right here and now - when I say I have felt "compelled" to do this..........

Remember in the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" where Richard Dryfuss - kept building that mountain? When he would try to make himself stop - but he could not....because he had this unbelievable compulsion to keep going, though his family and friends ridiculed him and thought he was crazy?

Well - that is how I have felt - no matter how much I have wanted to stop myself and not put myself out there - to be a target. I have not been able to stop - I believe in researching animals and they are much more attuned to what is going on underneath our feet.

I can only hope someone (researcher, animal expert, scientist) will look at this with a critical eye - and then take some steps to start a "huge" research project for the future - and I would be first in line - to see if I could help with it.

So you never know - ATS might be a stepping stone for more research in the future.

Don't always - just look at something "one way" - turn it around and look at "all sides".

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
you have to ask yourself though. If there was an earthquake like you states actually happens. Would yellow stones' volcano also go because of the earthquake.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Even if I think the webbot is a load of bunk, and that it couldn't predict itself out of a wet paper bag, I DO think a thread about prepardness is not a bad thing, so kudos to the OP for that. No, I don't think there will be any super-earthquake in 2 to 7 days. But it never hurts to be prepared for anything.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
12/12/2008 23:32 my guess

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
New Madrid Earthquake potential documentary

This is an interesting clip from the entire documentary. I saw this documentary while in Northern Mississippi about 2 years ago and I really got an uneasy feeling.

According to the documentary the New Madrid Fault line violates most or all seismic findings, watch and learn.

The last New Madrid Earthquake happened in April 2008

[edit on 8-12-2008 by Realtruth]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join