It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Serious Warnings* Alert * Earthquake* Postings* Please Read*

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Just finished putting up a pretty big fat Christmas Tree, so there better be no earthquakes looming around until after the first week of Jan.

I guess you can work something out oh Masters of the Webbot.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by stinger94

Before people yell at the OP for making too many threads. Now you want this one closed right away and for the OP to then create a thread about the same stuff....

I wasn't convinced there was posters from the government but now I can tell there must be, who else could come up with such moronic redundancy.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stinger94
N. Tesla clearly stated that you could open a new thread and on Jan 6th he'd laugh again. How is that being unreasonable? Being unreasonable would indicate wanting to keep something open longer than requested. Like this thread. It is clearly Dec 15th. Now I have kept my mouth shut and not jumped on the "This is Crap" band wagon to give it a chance. Start a new thread it isn't hard. Close this one because the dates were off. Or maybe the Earth doesn't go off human timetables, and therefore doesn't realize it is late to the dance. Start one that goes to Jan 5th then, so we can further ridicule this useless software. Oh and bible codes too, I would like to crucify those.

As far as I am concerned being patronizing, condescending, and generally using a mocking manner and tone to others is unreasonable. It has NOTHING to do with the issue of whether or not he or you feel he is justified in doing so.

But of course I generally find that I never meet anyone these days in the US that still has the same values I do.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
All this fuss over nothing - again, another prediction on ATS does not come true. I am so sick of people making false predictions....

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak
But of course I generally find that I never meet anyone these days in the US that still has the same values I do.

IIRC, N Tesla said he was a sophomore in highschool in some thread. Everyone has at least some sort of chip on their shoulder at that age.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Only on ATS can someone make a precise prediction that serves to terrify and scare people, which is not really based on any facts, and then have half the board decry and slander the people who pointed out the prediction was going to be wrong.

No wonder people like Blossom Goodchild get away with this stuff. When they are wrong, the faithful believers turn on the people who were RIGHT!

[edit on 15-12-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

There is never any need for verbal bashing or being less than cordial to anyone. If a prediction is wrong, let it be wrong, no one did any thing but take a shot in the dark. I for one would welcome the evolution of society via everyone treating others how they would like to be treated...where's that Jesus guy, bring him back.

[edit on 15-12-2008 by Reddupo]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

a junior in high school but i don't see age as anything to do with this.

no offense meant.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo

There is never any need for verbal bashing or being less than cordial to anyone.

On the contrary, my good fellow. Why supply the bringer of such bad and miscalculated news any type of bail-out package?
If you talk horse manure, you should expect to get your face rubbed in it.
I think you will find that 99% of all predictions are total codswallop, and the spouters of such garbage should be derided, or else they will keep on doing it.
It is of no loss to me whatsoever that someone may be taunted for their failings. It is the price they must pay for wasting peoples time.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

There is never any need for verbal bashing or being less than cordial to anyone. If a prediction is wrong, let it be wrong, no one did any thing but take a shot in the dark. I for one would welcome the evolution of society via everyone treating others how they would like to be treated...where's that Jesus guy, bring him back.

So why are you engaged in constant verbal bashing of the people who were RIGHT?

And no, people who predict and are wrong should be pointed out. People should not simply be able to make wrong predictions without ANY sort of reaction.

No one should be taking a "shot in the dark." If you want to make a informed prediction based on evidence and reason - or for no evidence or reason - feel free to do so. If you happen to be wrong, be willing to accept that.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
questioningall

And how do you feel Today is the 15th and yet there is still no earth quake. If there is any future predicting its from a Godly man. Not a computer program!!!

PS just wait the day is not over yet for me. Its 2:05 here in CA San Jose. You still got time to prove me wrong!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
I am willing to be a "fool" I am willing to put myself out there for ridicule!

Mission Accomplished !

Maybe the alarmist title for your thread was your undoing. As someone noted earlier, the web bot might even have some meaning on things that can be controlled or manipulated by man, but earthquakes are nature and if you still believe the web bot can predict one - well, read your quoted line above again.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustTheFacts

Originally posted by questioningall
I am willing to be a "fool" I am willing to put myself out there for ridicule!

Mission Accomplished !

Stop , the day is not over yet

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
So why are you engaged in constant verbal bashing of the people who were RIGHT?

Have I verbally bashed someone?

And no, people who predict and are wrong should be pointed out. People should not simply be able to make wrong predictions without ANY sort of reaction.

Let peoples actions speak for themselves. If a predictor is constantly wrong, they will destroy their own credibility. Third party insults do nothing but cause commotion and arguments, they certainly do not deter the predictor. After all, who doesn't want to prove someone wrong by trying another prediction?

No one should be taking a "shot in the dark." If you want to make a informed prediction based on evidence and reason - or for no evidence or reason - feel free to do so. If you happen to be wrong, be willing to accept that.

No one is unwilling to accept being wrong, especially questioningall.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by coolvibe

I know I know, the FAT LADY SANG. I am sorry for putting trust in a financial web bot. I do read it every morning, and yet I keep waiting for that quake. Seems maybe it will be 2 to three days after, who knows, they certainly got me to think it would happen , based on past predictions. I am not putting stock into it, until I see some results.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

If a predictor is constantly wrong, they will destroy their own credibility. Third party insults do nothing but cause commotion and arguments, they certainly do not deter the predictor. After all, who doesn't want to prove someone wrong by trying another prediction?

I am letting peoples actions speak for themselves. The prediction was wrong. I said it would be wrong, as did a lot of other people, 25 pages ago. People should not be allowed to make wrong predictions and then face no criticism, otherwise they just keep on making wrong predictions.

Over 80 people starred a prediction that had no real reason to be correct- it was founded on random reports of animals acting strange. That is sad - very sad.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
I am letting peoples actions speak for themselves.

I said it would be wrong

.......I don't think you're quite understanding the concept of "speaks for itself". It doesn't take 100 pages of "I TOLD YOU IT WAS WRONG"/"IT'S GOING TO BE WRONG" for people to understand the prediction did not come true. A failure of prediction becomes instantly self evident.

Over 80 people starred a prediction that had no real reason to be correct- it was founded on random reports of animals acting strange. That is sad - very sad.

And a portion of those 80 people are now less trusting of WebBot and the predictions forum.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I ask again someone kindly point out where anyone made a prediction. If you cannot then STOP saying people "made a prediction". Otherwise you will have to prove that the meaning of the word prediction changed.

From what I see NO ONE made any predictions.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak
I ask again someone kindly point out where anyone made a prediction. If you cannot then STOP saying people "made a prediction". Otherwise you will have to prove that the meaning of the word prediction changed.

From what I see NO ONE made any predictions.

Thats what I thought. Have to agree with you Red Cloak.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
People seem to be mistaking a prediction made by a webbot as being one made by a member of ATS. Apparently it's a pretty common mistake around here in the pursuit of being able to wear the "I told you so" banner.
It would be different if the OP or anyone else had come on here and said "I predict that there will be an earthquake between these dates". That isn't what happened. A webbot, a computer program, made the prediction and the OP just called everyone's attention to it. Two completely different things.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join