It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Serious Warnings* Alert * Earthquake* Postings* Please Read*

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Thank you for the series of threads you've produced on the subject, I appreciate your efforts. I likewise am interested in the predictive techniques of the Web-bot Project and the Global Consciousness Project.

Here is a graphic illustrating how the web-bot guys obtain their predictive data:

I would like to add that Terence McKenna's Timewave Zero Program points to the very same timeframe of December 10-15 to be of some significance. For more background on Novelty Theory and the timewave, please visit my thread on the subject, Timewave Zero - a closer look. In fact the web-bot guys, global consciousness project, and timewave zero all seemed to have tapped into the same underlying code in our collective consciousness, and all three reveal the future from different viewpoints.

Here is a screenshot from the program that highlights the period of time between October 7 and December 10, 2009. The steady decline in the graph hits a bump at Dec. 10. The timewave however does not give specifics regarding future predictions, only the schematic that time seems to follow (other projects like the the web-bot attempt to discern specifics from the ocean of random info, news, and communications available on the web).

Also below you can see a larger section of the graph - the economic crisis that the world became aware of in September is the last major peak on the graph (marked in purple).

I would like to add that Timewave Zero was devised in 1970 and the DOS computer program was created in 1993 - how could the above data result from a guess or a collection of random data? The answer is - it cannot. The program I use is the original, and is not influenced by any external programming, the output is the same as in 1993.

I've recently constructed a timelapse video of the Timewave program. It's a sequence of 234 images that show the flow of the wave from mid-September to May 1 of 2009. At 6 seconds in, you can see the point in time that we're all referring to here (December 10, 2008).

If the above embedded Youtube clip is not working, you can view it here via the standard link:

(Timewave 9/11/08 - 5/1/09)

[edit on 7/12/08 by Evasius]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I have not said an earthquake is an absolute in the New Madrid area.
I posted on this thread what was posted on the other.

What I have said at the end of this thread, was for people to do some research themselves!!

Call the humane society, call well companies - call the media for them to investigate it!

I want people now to get involved in their own areas and find out for themselves through other sources if things are going on.

My point is to provide information. Then let people discover others on their own.

Just as I will tell my family and friends - when I give them information - I will tell them what I know, then I tell them to verify and research it themselves.

I have not done this to try and scare people, I have done it to make them more aware.

I knew I would be bombarded with criticism, and I stand by what I wrote in the thread, I put myself out there - and in the end - if all this animal behavior proves to be nothing - I will right now tell you - I will write a thread about my being COMPLETELY WRONG ON EVERYTHING!

But I also have a question.........

What if.....What if.......(I pray not) that something comes of this and there is an Earthquake, I won't ask for an apology from anyone, because I don't need that.

But..........what if something does happen - and EVEN ONLY ONE Life was saved due to this thread? Think about that.

Because I did this on the What If basis - and I tried VERY hard to find absolutes to it all instead of just subjective views.

But I have done all I can, now it is in everybody elses individual hands to verify and find out for themselves through other sources if something is happening.

Getting media involved is actually a great source - a good and interesting story for them in investigating -if something is "actually" going on with animals.

So you will find I did not ask people to take my word on anything - I want them to think and them to take action on verification if things are happening in their area.

I compiled people's stories - but I will say -

Do I believe there will be 2 earthquakes next week - yes!

Do I know where they will be - NO

Did I try and do an experiment to see where odd animal behavior is going on - Yes

Did I compile them in this thread - Yes

Do I ask people to now do their own research in their area - Yes

Did I tell people to go running and screaming down the road there will be an earthquake at New Madrid - NO

Did for some reason almost all the post about odd animal behavior happen to center around New Madrid - Yes

Did I make those post up - NO

So now - everyone - do what you will - and if you feel there is anything in the thread that seems odd - than PLEASE do some research around your area yourself - then decide what you want to do yourself.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
great work...QUESTIONINGALL...you spent alot of time and effort bringing all of these loose threads together into a coherant post. keep up the good work!! this is a post that i'm watching, and it is exactly why i stay a member of ATS...a big HUURRAAHH!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
OP, you should contact Jim Berkland at www.syzygyjob.com.... He is a geologist who for years, worked for the government in earthquake predictions, etc. Then he basically lost his credentials and job, when he started predicting earthquakes by, well, kind of unusual means... for example, looking at full moons and extreme animal behavior as predictors. However, he has successfully predicted many big earthquakes already. Great guy, he's often on Coast to Coast AM...

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I think that the window of time has been too long.

If there's a quake animals typically act up just before a quake, not weeks before.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Good job on the research! I admire your efforts and hope you get some publicity for your efforts. Your model may not be perfect and there is most likely a little error involved, but the grouping in the midwest is interesting. I was the guy that made the post from wyoming about the immense amount of herds, the person who made the map actually got my report location spot on although I ommited the location I was seeing them most (casper area). So congrats to him. I'll go driving sometime next week and record what I see. Either the animals are just acting as crazy as normal or you really have something here.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I live in the New Madrid area and have posted a couple of times in regards to the recent scientific involvement with the area but did not notice anything wrong with the animals until just yesterday. I was traveling down a local highway when a huge buzzard flew across the road and nearly slammed into my windshield. Now I didn't think about the animals acting weird at the moment mainly cause I had a good laugh about it until about 10 minutes later on the same road I saw about 10 turkeys just walking around in the middle of the road, I had to slow down and honk my horn just to get them to leave. I have talked to many people in the area and about half agree that there could be something weird going on and the other half think I am just a kook. I am getting my preparations together at this very moment. I do not want to get caught with my pants down if anything does happen.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Tesla I admire your zeal to sticking to your guns.

But predicting earthquakes is not an exact science to begin with. and using animals as part of the prediction doesn't mean an event is going to happen. But animals are a little bit more in tune with the Earth and they always seem to know when something that is going to effect them is coming and they bug out of the area.

Now i live in the New Madrid zone. I know most of the History of the New Madrid fault. having said that the New Madrid fault is due for a major quake with the likes of the one in the early 1800's.

But i do have to ask this I'm not trying to belittle you or anyone. But whether you agree or don't agree with the way the OP has gone about trying to raise awareness to the possibility that New Madrid is getting ready to go off, What does it really matter to you?

If the fault does send out a major quake then would it not be a good thing that people LIKE MYSELF THAT LIVE IN THE AREA that would be most effected be ready to survive on our own for days if not weeks before help from the outside could get to us?

Whether the quake happens or not whether its a major quake or not people that live in this area should always be prepared for a quake because you never know for sure when New Madrid is going to relieve the stress that has been build for almost 100 years.

The New Madrid fault zone isn't like the fault zones in Cali. its not as active as the Cali faults so most of the people that live in the Madrid Zone don't know what its like to go through a quake.

so I ask you Tesla would it not be prudent for those of us that live in the New Madrid zone to be prepared for a quake that could happen this month? or maybe months or years for now?

Its not like the supplies will go to waste, since more than likely everyone is going to need food supplies next year when the economy completely collapses.

I guess what I'm getting at Tesla is I know you have good intentions in this thread. But really my friend calling someone a liar because they have a feeling that a quake is coming is a bit much!

If anyone should apologize it is you my friend you let your zeal get the best of you on this issue after all This isn't a thread about the GFL and its not a prediction from someone that makes money off there prediction.

The OP whether he/she is right or wrong believes a quake is coming and wants to warn the people that will be effected. there is no harm in that. even if you think they are trying to scare them into believing.

Encase you haven't noticed to get most lazy americans to get off their ass and do something you have to scare them into it!

So Tesla Chill out with calling the OP a liar and demanding proof and demanding an apology on the 16th if a quake doesn't happen!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla

i will change nothing i said.

first of all all three of them are related you just said that yourself. they are a continuation of each other.

the first lie you said is that web bot has predicted every earthquake in recent history. first of all web bot is a fairly new project so recent history is like 10 years or so. second of all i have only heard of it predicting one earthquake (other then this one) is the china one and that one wasn't even correct.

next you have been presented with several bits of evidence and you chose to ignore them all. you instead pick and choose what to acknoldge or reply to. you said that there has been an increase of earth quakes. that is so not true please do your research.

i can go on and on but i don't feel i need to. i instead ask you for proof of anything you said. which you have yet to present. some unbiased supported proof of earthquake increases or anything out of the ordinary.

P.S. after this thing doesn't happen then can i call you a liar and a fraud? or will we just pretend it never happened?

Have you nothing better to do than to try to tear people down and apart? What a pathetic life you must have to attack others. Do You think you are better than everyone else? How about we do our homework on you and expose you for the fraud your accusing others of being?

That splinter in everyone else's eye will not be bigger than that crosstie in yours.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is the same as that meteor thread a year or so back.

People look for 'signs' where there are none, compile them all then send all the gullible people into a panic.

They were right though remember? The meteor hit and we are all dead... oh wait... it didn't.

They have predicted the big quake in the US for over a hundred years and so far nothing.

When it happens it happens, no amount of preparedness can save your house from an earthquake.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall[/url]

Truly you have done an EXCELLENT job here. You have done your part in trying to help others by compiling this information. You have to know once you've done your best, to let it go. You've done all you can, which has been a lot, and now you just allow people to either pay attention and get themselves prepared IN CASE - or to ignore the warning signs.

Remember there will ALWAYS be people who LOVE TO ARGUE no matter what presented to them. Present the facts or warnings as you see it, knowing things CAN change due to unknown factors, but you've done your part in trying to help those who will listen and benefit by what you've compiled. We're all in a learning curve here and I for one, love what you've done.

You nor anyone else are responsible for those who will stay in denial no matter what is presented to them and who love to argue for the sake of arguing. Seriously, let it and what they say, go.

Let people be responsible for themselves, it is the only way they will ultimately learn. You've done an excellent job of putting this together.

We can still pray as this can form a powerful barrier of protection for all of us.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Evisscerator

well then come on dig something up on me. i deny nothing except ignorance
. i feel that your attacks on me are bit unnecessary but to each his own

reply to post by Mercenary2007

yes i do hope that people do prepare. i am not saying that you shouldn't be preapred. you should always be prepared whether you know something will happen or not. i just don't like it when people take it to a level where you know they are doing it just to spread fear and lies. yes i say lies because many assertions that the OP made in this and other threads have been proven wrong but they refuse to acknowledge them.

and i do deeply hope that nothing will happen but i always know there is a chence

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I would like this work.

The data is in, has been in for days. Unless all the posts from the first thread about all the animals acting funny in the New Madrid Zone are STILL acting that way then it was all nothing.

This information will NOT matter if nothing happens.

How much time are you willing to give it?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I've been passively following your posts, and I'm sorry I just don't buy it. Like you said though, if in your heart of hearts you think where there is smoke there is fire, and your only attempting to get the word out, then kudos.

However, I just think your looking too hard. You can examine practically anything long enough, and find whatever "evidence" you need to prove a certain hypothesis.

Perhaps you should walk away from all your research. I hate to say that to someone who feels so passionately about their theory. However, sometimes it is also cathartic to come full circle with things. Otherwise you run this risk of turning into a doomsayer kook socially, and your friends and family will grow tired of hearing from you about how the sky is falling, well in your case, the ground is crumbling.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Although strange animal behavior has not been proven to predict earthquakes, it has been observed weeks and days leading up to major earthquakes, and it HAS SUCCESSFULLY been used by the Chinese to predict an earthquake and save lives.

This article displays strange animal behavior from toads weeks before the earthquake leading up to zoo animals acting strangely days before it hit.
Chinese Wonder if Animals can Predict Earthquakes

From the same article an example of how reacting to animal behavior has saved lives from an earthquake.

In winter 1975, Chinese officials ordered the evacuation of the city of Haicheng in northeastern Liaoning province the day before a 7.3 magnitude earthquake, based on reports of unusual animal behavior and changes in ground water levels. Still, more than 2,000 people died. Strange environmental phenomena including changes in well water levels, were also reported a year later before a 7.6 magnitude earthquake in Tangshan in northeastern China that killed 240,000, Musson said.

Another example of snakes predicting earthquakes
Using Snakes to Predict Earthquakes

"Of all the creatures on the Earth, snakes are perhaps the most sensitive to earthquakes," Jiang Weisong, director of the earthquake bureau in Nanning, in southern Guangxi province, told The China Daily. Serpents can sense a coming earthquake from 120km (75 miles) away, up to five days before it happens. They respond by behaving extremely erratically. "When an earthquake is about to occur, snakes will move out of their nests, even in the cold of winter. If the earthquake is a big one, the snakes will even smash into walls while trying to escape," he said.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Please find a post that was just now submitted on the other thread: by Jomina

Just wanted to add one in here, just found this thread line tonight.

My wife has been working outdoors for some time now, and has seen an increase in EXTREMELY odd behavior as far as birds are concerned.

Let me detail things a little.

We live in indiana, in fort wayne. We are quite far away from any large bodies of water, and the weather is very cold at this point. Yet, there are still extremely large flocks of birds in the area, they never migrated south. Geese, sparrows, crows, you name it, they're all still here. She works in an area which is very "country" and can watch the activity of the outdoors at her leisure.

Normally, the birds would have migrated to warmer temps quite some time ago, and yet here they are. AND we have a VERY LARGE amount of seagulls here at this time. Seagulls!

Now, as to the strange stuff. (yeah, them just being here isn't as strange as it could seem, i know, but as someone who has lived here and been a bird watcher all my life, i have a pretty good idea of what birds in my locale do!)

These flocks congregate together, without much infighting going on between the species. They will mix themselves together with no problem. That in and of itself is pretty strange, i mean, we're seeing predator species mixing with normally prey species.

The flocks wll just stand around on the ground for a long time, then out of nowhere, will lift themselves into the sky, swirling around together as if they are circling a bit of carrion on the ground, and then, DIVE straight down, the whole flock together, til they reach almost to the ground; you would swear they're going to crash into the dirt. but then they'll pull up, circle around again, and then land... remaining on the ground for a while before doing it all over again.

This is VERY odd activity :|

This has been going on on an escalating basis for 1.5 months or so, and has increased significantly over the past week.

We will be watching ever more to see if it increases further or any other major changes happen.

Oh by the way, to those who are saying "quit fearmongering" and such, just let me say, being afraid is one thing, being blind and dumb to things going on around you is another. Paying attention to proven warning signs is nothing more than prudence.

EDIT: Oh one thing as well, tonight we were told by the city to start boiling our water, out of nowhere, because of an increase of sulfuric content

Please note the last line this person wrote - under the edit:

sulfuric content!!!!!!

[edit on 7-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rollinster

How much time are you willing to give it?

if it doesnt happen between 10-15th i call it busted.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
OP, nice work. It is great to see such a well thought out and researched post. It would really do you best to ignore Tesla though.

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007But animals are a little bit more in tune with the Earth and they always seem to know when something that is going to effect them is coming and they bug out of the area.

This is 100% true. My dog can hear one of those "silent whistles" that I cannot. The whistle produces much higher frequencies than what the human ear can hear - but a dog can hear them. My dog can also sniff out one Corn Flake that fell inside 4 layers of bags and luggage. I can't even smell a bowl of Corn Flakes when it is 6 inches from my face. Maybe the tectonic plates are giving off some frequency we can't hear. My dog can sense the train that passes near our house about 15 mins before it actually does - I think from the vibrations (supposedly dogs' paws are really really sensitive). If animals are acting stranger than normal, it's not because they are psychic or have a little doggie angel whispering in their ear. Maybe the earth is giving off some kind of vibrations that they can feel in their paws and it irritates them - making them want to leave. Maybe there is some odd smell (e.g. sulfur) that they can smell. Lord knows I move away from sulfur smells. I remember in physics class that the earth emits some kind of radiation from the ground that intensifies during certain events e.g. earthquakes - maybe dogs can see that and it hurts their eyes - making them want to get away from the area.

I know from that big Tsunami the people came out of their beachfront homes/hotels and were heading *towards* the ocean out of curiosity - to see why the water pulled back. And the animals on the other hand - they were running *away* from the ocean as the water pulled back - even those that are water-dwellers. And people think animals are dumb...

I can't imagine that the earth just all of a sudden "has an earthquake." It probably builds up over at least a week or two - and things probably are happening that we just cannot perceive with our limited senses - or that we're too busy with our noses in blackberries, our eyes on the tv and internet - to pick up on the signs.

I would like to comment on the WebBot. The WebBot not only takes into account people's words ("oh, i'm scared because of the *earthquake*") - but it also takes into account stats that bona fide scientific places post - e.g. all those water level tables, moon phases, earth vibrations, etc. Maybe the WebBot can deduce from past precedence that 1) when the moon is full and 2) the water level is below 20% and 3) the wind is NE at 30mph, an earthquake will almost always hit.

I do market research as one aspect of my job, and while these threads are by no means scientific - they are however anecdotal evidence. Anecdotal evidence is viewed by the science community as "unreliable" - but not necessarily "untrue." Actually, most everything starts out as anecdotal evidence. Aristotle, Pythagoras & Eratosthenes of Cyrene kinda sorta knew that the earth was round, but their evidence was considered anecdotal, even with all their fancy geometry with lunar eclipses. And as everyone knows, Columbus helped put the proof in the pudding - thus proving the Greek's anecdotal evidence - was indeed true.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningal

Great job of compilation, thank you for caring enough to do this. Ignore the hecklers, life is too short and some people just love to argue for the sake of arguing. Just know that you did a positive thing for those of us who are open to learning, etc., and what you did needs no defence.

But I have another concern that we should all be considering. Even if this quake hits the New Madrid area, which is a massive area or the Northwest, it would still affect ALL OF US no matter where we live. Power outages, transportation, trucking of produce, you name it will be affected as well as possible loss of millions of people for what could be months.

I am bringing this up because no matter where it hits, we all have to be prepared for the aftermath. I would still stock up on water, canned foods, perishables, toilet paper, medicines and whatever else you think your family might need in the coming weeks or months, IN CASE of a national emergency. I would gas up the family car prior to the 10th, IN CASE. *(Remember when all we had was a hurricane in Texas and the southern portion of the United States experienced gas lines and gas shortages).

Do not think that we won't all be affected and this includes food shipments, transportation, outages of all kinds. Please - while we are trying to guess about what area will be hit, keep in mind that IT WILL AFFECT ALL OF US NO MATTER WHERE WE LIVE, so please be prepared for a national emergency if it does happen on the 10th and 12th of this month.

Fear-mongering aside, if this happens, it is always better to be prepared!! And remember prayer is your greatest weapon and protection in any emergency. We still have some time to prepare. God be with us all.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join