It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Serious Warnings* Alert * Earthquake* Postings* Please Read*

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
reply to post by Realtruth

That's Benjamin Fulford. He portrays himself as an independent journalist but if you look into his career his access to information is odd.
He has these semi-crazy claims about the Asian Illuminati, etc. --Not entirely credible but interesting.

I thought the same thing a bit out there and a bit more BS than truth, but in the insanity and BS there is always something worthwhile.

You gotta love his story.

link   
I think this is a small echo of the GFL nonsense. Create multiple threads, each a slight variance of the same subject.

Why do the moderators repeatedly allow this?

(I do find it odd that the first thread that the original poster started was closed by the mods because it was GFL spam.)

Well, I am off to superglue all of my books to my bookshelves. .

[edit on 8-12-2008 by clay2 baraka]

link   

Powerful 6.2-magnitude quake rocks East Timor, sending residents fleeing

It says Saturday's quake had a preliminary magnitude of 6.2 and struck 160 kilometres northwest of the capital, Dili. It was centred 408 kilometres beneath the Banda Sea.

The power of the quake sent residents fleeing from their homes, some carrying crying children.

East Timor is prone to seismic upheaval due to its location on the so-called Pacific "Ring of Fire," an arc of volcanoes and fault lines encircling the Pacific Basin.

Thought this was interesting simply because of it's location on the pacific ring of fire.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by seeker11]

link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
i will wait and see. i honestly to the bone know hat nothing will happen. i have seen these kind of prediction come and go.

i understand that most people when they don't agree with the OP just choose not to reply. well thats not right. i think that if something is wrong with this i will say it.

call me any word you wish but in the end it doesnt matter. if this post saves lives then great. but honestly if you need an ATS post to tell you something is wrong then maybe there is a problem with you.

if there was genuinely gonna be an earthquake, and if earthquake were on the rise you wouldnt need ATS to tell you.

large earthquakes usually have mild tremors before the actually big quake. its decmeber 8th and i see no posts of tremors.

i am here to be skeptical. its what i do. no need to yell at me. i will continue to be skeptical until proven otherwise.

if this quake does happen then i apologize for nothing either way because i am doing what i want to do. i am being myself. and IF they do happen then i seriously hope that people live. i dont want people to die anymore then anyone here.

ill wait until the 16th to post again. until then no more attacks aimed at me. abuse me when the time is right

And that's all I'd ask for as another member. I thank you for being respectful of everyone reading these posts. I don't personally believe anything will happen on the dates given, but I'm a firefighter, not a seismologist or statistician. I commend your being skeptical of everything. I have a brother that does the exact same thing. There's nothing wrong with being skeptical of everything, there just has to be civility in the comments.

As for "fear mongering" or whatever else one wishes to call alerting people to something in particular, I am not one to worry about such things, and most others aren't either. I live here in the Pacific Northwest, near Seattle. On our beaches we have signs up warning about Tsunamis. Those may also be construed as fear mongering because people can be killed by a tsunami, even though there's no proof of one coming. There's no harm in warning people. There's no harm in making people aware of the possibility of danger. I tell people to have fire extinguishers in their houses all the time. It's not because they were told a fire will start on such date and time, it's for that one particular event in which they were unaware. Planning ahead. Keeping things in mind. If this thread does nothing more than make people secure their water heaters (which they should do) and locate their natural gas / propane line valves and know how to turn them off (which they should know already but lots don't), then it's a thread worth having around.

If something does happen out that way, I really do hope people will be safe.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Just want to put this on the thread, although someone may have already:

Links to live seismic traces of the USA

Currently, I see the ones of the area we are interested in look mostly flat with almost no activity. In fact the largest one looks to be on the traces of the Cascade volcanoes as well, so it's probably a different one.

Cascade volcano graphs here

I'll try and find the one that shows up on both, at around 1900 UTC. Not entirely sure which it is, there are two it could be, a small one in Alaska, but there would be larger time difference to get to the different recorders than there is. So I think the event just around 1859UTC is probably this one

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
here check out this website

visz.rsoe.hu...

if you scroll down you will see how many earthquake we have had in the last 2 days. the highest was a 6.6 in the philipenes.

this is not an increase. this is there normal pattern. most of them arent even in the US

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
WHat makes this thread more of a 'fear mongering' thread than the majority on ATS? Yes, there is a rough timeframe provided (which is somewhat unique as threads go) but other than that it differs little from:

Obama is the anti-christ

The NWO is coming to get you

Russia China the UN and Rhode Island are amassing forces in South America for an invasion

The government is going to replace the US currency with the Amero

John Titor and various time travellers

Bush is a reptilian

The WebBot is predicting earthquakes. Not the OP. Take it up with the Time Monks. WebBot predicted ( a long time prior) the Oct 7th financial catastrophe and entire fortunes were wiped out that week. Iceland was all but bankrupted, the Russian stock market lost ~60%, etc.

Hopefully nothing comes of this. But WebBot is not a Ouija Board. There is real science behind it. Esoteric? Yes. But we're not talking about channeling, visions or remote viewing. Give it a rest. Those on the 'nothing's gonna happen and we're going to flame you to death afterwards' are holding the high probability hand. It's a safe bet. If WebBot is picking up on something and one person takes heed and is saved it's worth countless times that of a smug 'I told you so'.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Tesla... go look at the charts I posted on page 8 and tell me what 'normal' is.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

like i said its normal. you said it yourself. there was a period of big ones then a period of small ones. now we are in the period of big ones again. normal geological movement

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

I live in White Hall Arkansas, And it has been on the news in the last few days that , in and around Hot Springs Arkansas we have seen some EQ's like they have never seen before. I think we have had like 6 or 8 in the last 2 or 3 weeks. You should be able to go to KATV.com that is one of our main news ch's here and read about the rash of 2.2 2.3 2.6 EQ's we have had here.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Very good thread QG! Star and flag. You have every right to be scared! This is something people should consider. I am not saying the Bot is right.

But there are some valid points being made here in this thread!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I have noticed the animals acting like fruitcakes. However, we all need to remember that it is hunting season. I am sure a lot of what we are observing is animals hearing gunshots and becoming agitated. Perhaps, it can also explain why they are moving all over the place (to avoid death, etc). I cannot prove this is the only reason that they might be acting strangely, but I believe at the very least that it is a factor. I base this assumption off of watching animals during hunting season previously. They hear what we cannot hear.

That said, scientists have observed animal phenomena in conjuction with natural disasters, therefore it is not fear-mongering to restate this phenomena with anecdotal evidence collected off of this site if we are to bear in mind that those of us who sign up for a site such as this have particular leanings which make us more or less credible depending upon the swing of the pendulum.

All of us here are familiar with the periodicity involved with plate tectonics and everyone ought to be capable of admitting that we are due for one in the New Madrid fault area. As webbot is a spidered program that collects data from all over it makes some sense that it could predict something of this nature. As one plate shifts it sets off another and another and another--all of this being captured by local newspapers around the world. Is it so far removed from the possibility that an algorithm could capture this?

I am no one to predict an earthquake, but I see nothing wrong with saying that we all ought to be prepared for one--as well as for the Yellowstone caldera to awaken fully. I mean, you realize that is why Old Faithful is, well, faithful, yeh?

For those who are frightened, the US is far better prepared for quakes than other countries. Buildings are now built to withstand quakes. Keep food and water on hand. Maybe even get a wood burning heater of some kind. Not a thing wrong with being prepared. Ought to do that for tornado and hurricane season anyway, I think.

Well, take care all. Hope it doesn't happen, but if it does at least a lot of you are prepared.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by Rintendo]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
WHat makes this thread more of a 'fear mongering' thread than the majority on ATS? Yes, there is a rough timeframe provided (which is somewhat unique as threads go) but other than that it differs little from:

Obama is the anti-christ

The NWO is coming to get you

Russia China the UN and Rhode Island are amassing forces in South America for an invasion

The government is going to replace the US currency with the Amero

John Titor and various time travellers

Bush is a reptilian

The WebBot is predicting earthquakes. Not the OP. Take it up with the Time Monks. WebBot predicted ( a long time prior) the Oct 7th financial catastrophe and entire fortunes were wiped out that week. Iceland was all but bankrupted, the Russian stock market lost ~60%, etc.

Hopefully nothing comes of this. But WebBot is not a Ouija Board. There is real science behind it. Esoteric? Yes. But we're not talking about channeling, visions or remote viewing. Give it a rest. Those on the 'nothing's gonna happen and we're going to flame you to death afterwards' are holding the high probability hand. It's a safe bet. If WebBot is picking up on something and one person takes heed and is saved it's worth countless times that of a smug 'I told you so'.

The webbot is simply a creation/experiment to monitor and make reason of global consciousness via the web.

Having slight credibility, it is vague to assume that it's either completely placebo or certain.

Therefor you don't HAVE to take concern on what it's saying NOR ignore it keep it neutral and stop the flaming.

-Psycho

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I don't want to become involved in the issue here regarding whether there is going to be an earthquake in the next few days or not.... I have been feeling rather out of sorts lately for some unknown reason and think that it is due to numerous unnatural observations..... I have been noticing for the last 3 years numerous changes in the weather and in animal behavior. This morning I was awakened (again) by the sound of what must be hundreds of coyotes howling at 2:00 AM and was unable to go back to sleep. At sunrise the sky was glowing and very red in color and the clouds were a bright pink as everything else that was capable of reflecting light. A feral cat that has been in the woods for years was on my front porch and wanting inside.... My wife left for work at sunrise and called to tell me that as she was walking down the hill to her truck, she was followed by a young doe just feet away in the tree line to the right.... Wild hogs are rooting up the ground all over my acreage, and it is strange that they are here at all, as there is no water on my place and all of the places in the area that had cattle tanks are now dry.... A neighbor who lives a good distance away has some beef cattle that make the most godawful bellowing and bawling noises I have ever heard and I have been living around cattle for 14 years.... There is much more, but I would be repeating what has been said in other post. There seems to me to be an ominous impending natural event in the making that the critters seem to be aware of.... I hope they are wrong, or that I am misreading their behavior.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Nashville Tn. Well. I guess I could say my dog is acting very weird today. very weird. he's not sick. he's nine mths old and pretty much can see through anyone. wether they are a good person or bad person. He never just lays around. very hyper always on the go. He seems scared. and thats not likely for my baby pitbull. I myself have had a feeling that something bad is coming. dont know when. btu pretty soon. but things like this always seem to happen around christmas. Not seeing any deer. a bird here and there. no squirrels. and the dogs around have not stopped barking through the daytime for the past week in the area.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If critters are nervous.....PNW..cat acting crazy, hear loud thumps during the night, crazy sun rises,.....we had best pay attention.

Thanks for the maps. It will be good evidence should things shift.

Trying to run here and there is no good for most people. Being prepared is the best advice.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

Now – my note –You have got to look at the pictures on the above site – due to the beauty of the clouds, but also “the meaning” of the clouds right now. Seriously - You have GOT to see the pictures, from the above link……. I have NEVER seen any clouds like that before!

Quite common actually Nothing to do with Earthquakes though

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Enjoy

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I am laughing, I think the following members must of gotten together to come at me all at once.

gormly
lowlevelmason
dowmonster
apex
and then N. Tesla - lied 4 post back, saying he wasn't going to post again until the 16th.

So it looks like you called me a liar - but you you haven't looked in the mirror.

As I said before - I will not reply to Tesla directly.

But I am replying back to all of you as a collective group that are listed above.

Try as you might to twist my words in you posts - the majority of the people reading them and come to ATS seek the truth of matters, so I believe they know your twist of my words are not the truth of my threads.

First - I did not predict the quakes in the first thread - THE WEBBOT DID

Do NOT confuse me with the webbot.

Stop confusing me with Goodchild - I have NEVER predicted anything - nor am I benefiting from anything.

Also - have you seen any "paniced" posts on these threads? Have I written anywhere - that people should panic and run? NO

I wrote I have done all I can do and people should now try and verify as much as they can themselves now.

You guys can go on and on and say all you want.

But what is good here, it others understand what these threads were all about.

Based on my believe that there will be earthquakes based on webbot's predictions.

Oh btw: NO - I will NOT say that some small or medium quake is it,
the fact the webbot picked it up in our language in the first place - means it will be an "emotional" event - not just a shaking event.

So don't try and put words in my mouth, nor anticipate what I may be thinking.

You can go on and on about what you think my motives were, but what is great - is the majority of the ATS community who have read and understood the threads, know where I have been coming from with all of this.

So, going back to the beginning here, Yes I believe the predictions of EQs happening.

Then upon that belief - I did an experiment/research project that hundreds of other ATS members joined in with.

Together - people posted what was happening in their areas,

So now - this thread is all of that combined and the New Madrid area posts were the most numerous and is definitely portraying "odd behavior" of animals. There are also water issues going on too, around there.

Why is it, I need to keep repeating myself?

I have a question - have any of you above - "honestly" read the "whole" thread here? Or are you just going on the headline?

I will keep doing what I am doing, and guess what I am okay with you coming at me, because awareness has been raised, people are getting emergency items together - extra food, water, etc. for any disaster.

In fact the FEMA link I posted earlier - says "people should be prepared to be without any help for a few day", they say have water stored etc.

So is that fear mongering on FEMA's part - saying "Prepare for any disaster"?

Again - I am praying hard that nothing happens - anywhere!

But I am going to say this AGAIN

WHAT IF ......WHAT IF webbot is right??
And WHAT IF because some people read this thread no matter where they are, and their lives were saved? WHAT IF?

I think the ATS community has done a great job - in participating in an experiment - that may ultimately do good in the future.

I find it interesting all posted together - one after right after another and feeding off each other. Very interesting how that worked.

There is no fear mongering from me - but there is real evidence in my opinion that something is going on around New Madrid regarding the animals- what it is for sure - I can not say.

Oh yeah, everyone else - Sheldrake confirmed he recieved this thread via email from me.

In case you don't remember who Sheldrake is:

news.nationalgeographic.com...

www.sheldrake.org...

His comment below from the National Geographic Article:

More research is needed and is long overdue, said Sheldrake, who proposes a special hotline or Web site where people could call or write in if they saw strange behavior in their animals. A computer would then analyze the incoming messages to determine where they originated. A sudden surge of calls or e-mails from a particular region might indicate that a quake was imminent. Such a project would capture the imagination of millions of people

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I may have chosen my words wrongly - but when I put "meaning" - it was because almost all the post from the PNW talked about weird clouds in the area for awhile. So I will apolgize now - for using the wrong words.
But read the post following from PNW - they were all about clouds.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

Hey, hypervigilant - where is it that you live? You didn't say in the post.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join