It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan, India troops exchange fire at Chakoti sector!!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
"MUZAFFARABAD: Pakistani and Indian troops traded fire at Chakoti Line of Control, causing panic among the locals. On Saturday night at 9:00 pm, Indian troops violating ceasefire opened indiscriminate firing at positions of Pakistan army in areas of Pando and Opi, Chakoti sector.

The Indian troops used small weapons and mortar guns in the firing that lasted more than one hour. Pakistan army retaliated with same force."Online News

Not good, not good at all.

Btw, the Line of Control (LoC) in Baramulla district of north Kashmir.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I think this isn't going to end too well.
Anyone think this could escalate drastically?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

Pretty much knew it wouldn't end well about 20 hours into the Mumbai attacks. This was an inevitability.

The next step will be US intervention through Afghanistan. This is an issue of both sides being played against from the middle. When Pakistan makes a full-scale move of troops to the Indian Border, the US is going to act infuriated because that will allow the "terrorist" organizations along the Afghan Border to move and act with impunity. We will move in.

The X-factor in this entire thing are the "terrorist" organizations, so it would be wise to look into who is funding them. To get that answer, you can simply watch Charlie Wilson's War. It will lay it out in very direct terms who is the culprit here.
The Pakistani Government has been cornered into a lose/lose situation here. The reason being that they are the only Islamic Nuclear Power on the Planet and that MUST be remedied by making sure that there aren't ANY Islamic Nuclear Powers (at least that is how the evil bastards see it).

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So it is written, let it be so. The US has already expressed an interested in any escalated turmoil in the region and they already have plenty of troops on the Pakistan border (Afghanistan), maybe they are hoping it will be able to get Iran dragged into any conflicts and take them down.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

I'm of the opinion that they would be much more concerned with controlling Pakistan than Iran. Iran is just a vocal opponent. The US wouldn't dare invade Iran.

They use Iran as an excuse to rattle the sabres and piss off other Islamic Nations. In reality, Pakistan is the most critical place of conflict on the planet. They are wanting to sow chaos and mop it up. Just like they did in Iraq recently and in Iran (although covertly) before that.

American Hegemony at its finest. Noam Chomsky is right on the money.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is an important event and needs to be flagged up imo. Come on peoples let's go...flags.

I am not very religious. But I tell ya, I am praying now that two nuclear armed nations at "war" will find some measure of restraint in their actions, or this is gonna get real messy. Real fast. Faster than you's can flag it.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I was thinking the same thing.

This whole thing, since the Mumbai Attacks has been the MOST threatening situation that I have ever encountered on this website, or any other, in fact.
This is very real danger.
I was wondering why this topic isn't already hopping. This needs to be discussed, but more importantly, this needs to be UNDERSTOOD AND CORRECTED... Like right now!

I can't flag it again, folks. Come on!

Or, if anyone wants to just have a discussion with me about it until it gets the necessary bumps, I'm right here.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This has always been a hot spot and will continue to be. I expect the Pakistanis to play their role and move their troops to the Indian border. While their people are preoccupied with the Indian situation, the US will be doing their thing quietly on the other end. I feel it is all planned out by all three countries.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
You know, a thought that has been reoccuring to me lately is the fact that the LAST TIME we saw a world war was directly following the footsteps of a global economic crisis...

If this follows through we will have complete regional destabalization and possibly further destabalization as China is drug in on behalf of Pakistan to counter India's authority in the region. This could get very ugly, even if Nukes aren't in play.

We have seen recent destabalizations on the Russian Border, an ally of China, will they have a play in this?
God I hope this ends quickly and quietly.

Is this the natural course of action for TPTB? Do they create conflicts like this when they need to "correct the course?"

What is the play here?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
and so it begins - tensions have been there from the start and i cannot even begin to mention the 'exchanges of fire' across the border which don't get brought to the public attention.

In 1981, close to 50 troops from both sides were killed due to similar hostilities and the commanding officers from both sides of the borders were given Medals of Honor for their efforts. But this was all done within military circles and nothing more was said.

... just one example. But this is truly disturbing b/c the exchanges are now in the international media. Mumbai was perhaps the biggest false flag since 9/11 and things are going to get to get ugly now that the 'great diplomatic' musharraf is no longer in power. Instead we have Zardari as president who gives corruption a new meaning. He is just going to let the country burn and won't do much apart from inflaming the masses against america and india making the path for war between the two countries even shorter.

S&F

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

You're right. The US wouldn't invade Iran. Wouldn't need to. Just launch two-score nukes, and the problem is solved.

For generations.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I doubt that the Pakistani Government is playing a role in this at all, but that is just my opinion.
I would wager a year's salary that the US and Indian Governments are accutely aware of this, but the Pakistani Government is the obvious loser here.
With the US beating the war-drum against Pakistan, these developments transcend the normal run-of-the-mill actions in the area and ensure that Pakistan WILL BE invaded...
This is also why we see that this latest attack in Mumbai isn't like anything seen before. It was played out on a global stage over the course of DAYS to make people realize that THIS IS WAR.

But those are just my opinions.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
This has always been a hot spot and will continue to be. I expect the Pakistanis to play their role and move their troops to the Indian border. While their people are preoccupied with the Indian situation, the US will be doing their thing quietly on the other end. I feel it is all planned out by all three countries.

actually this is not a bad theory and has a merit. in my post just before i eluded to the fact that the current president of pakistan is extremely corrupt. i know the guy's reputation well and i know for a fact that he will do anything to line his pockets with money.

It would not be surprising at all if a deal has already been done to ensure american troops have a free pass within pakistan. All the while Zardari plays the masses with religious rhetoric and destablises the place further. This will give more reason for the foreign troops (maybe even india) to move further within this country's borders.

When this happens, Zardari et al will give the power to the religious fanatical political parties and leave the country with a whole lot of money. It was this guy's father in law who literally 'sold' the region called west pakistan to India and which then became Bangladesh.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I think JayinAR and I have pretty much been in agreement on the Pakistan issue since the Mumbai attacks. He is wise to ask who is funding the terrorists. The LeT is being blamed, they are supposed to be financed by Al Qaeda and Saudi Arabia. I'll let you guys draw conclusions here.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
They're not fighting anymore? Is that why this thread dropped in replies? When do the nukes drop?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm curious that after the US had given Pakistan perhaps billions of dollars and we are supposedly friends with both, are we remaining neutral?

Where do both of these countries get their arms from? What does each country have in the way of weapons? and how many nukes that we know of, do each of them now have?

Anyone?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It's not good. This conflict was started long time ago. With Mumbai it went on the next level. I don't think any government will stop now. Let's just hope they won't use nukes (i think they're not so dumb), cause it would start WW3. US, Russia and all the other governments will not just watch it.

And terrorists are funded by the US, Russia, Ukraine ... and by all the other countries with weapons. It's just buisiness for them.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I think your right their jayinar, it takes me back a few months when the US made a deal with india to improve their nuclear technology which annoyed Pakistan who in response also asked for the share of technology only to be ignored.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Not good, not good at all.

Btw, the Line of Control (LoC) in Baramulla district of north Kashmir.

Finally! Hopefully they'll do it and them aliens/time travelers/psychic/whatever it is will get out of my head and I'll be able to live a normal life.

They need to hurry up and get to it! I mean, those Pakistanis attacked Mumbai, so I mean if India is man enough, they'll just invade Pakistan. I mean, Pakistan is in dire straights as it is, so why don't they just get that revenge, like, right now?

Heh, thanks India.

Hopefully it'll cause some apocalypse now. That would be a relief, hopefully.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
They're not fighting anymore? Is that why this thread dropped in replies? When do the nukes drop?

You are such a trip plucky. When do the nukes drop.

Hopefully, never. Sorry that bores you, but I'd rather be a bored onlooker than a cooked gooseplucky. And I'm sure that's the case for most innocent Pakis and Indians that aren't ready for an overabundance of virgins quite yet. Hopefully that pleases plucky.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join