It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians need to face the facts!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

you LIE.

With that plank in your eye, you can't see anything.

First worry about that plank in your own eye.

That plank is a bundle of self perspective bias directives.

I have told you, you didn't read my words, you only projected meaning upon my words.

You don't want me to show you anything. This is a LIE. you just want to try to project upon me more of your misunderstandings so that you may egotistically believe that you're rightous in your understandings.

It's a joke really. But the joke is on you, not me.

If you wanted to see clearly you could. You don't. You lie.

If you wish to try to see more clearly, then go back and try to understand my words in a positive natured way rather then projecting your negitive "wrong" bias upon my words.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

Speaking of the book of Mormon, (I replied to yours since it was the last one speaking about it, although your view on it is the same as mine) I wonder why mormons refuse to take a look at the fact that their documents (the lost scroll of Abraham.. whatever it is you call it) was PROVEN to not be written by Abraham and in fact, had NOTHING to DO with Abraham... Joseph Smith knew VERY little about the ancient language of the Egyptians and completely misinterpreted it; whether intentionally or not, only G-d knows.

The scroll was found in the tomb of a Pharoah (I believe, if my memory serves correctly, in the Pharoah's hands) and it HAS BEEN given to more than several experts in the area, all of whom didn't know the others were translating it as well. All came up with the same conclusion. IT WAS part of the "book of the dead."

When the mormon church leaders were notified of this, they refused to comment or even acknowledge it. THAT is why I have spent SOOOOOO much time pouring over these things. I DO NOT want to be led astray, but can NOT deny there is something pulling me in a certain direction. It is just now, after years upon years of research, coming to light in the most clear manner which ancient text is the only one any intelligent human being can follow.

Just most ppl think this world and their life was all made to be about them and therefore, the truth is NOT what they are seeking.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

you LIE.

With that plank in your eye, you can't see anything.

First worry about that plank in your own eye.

That plank is a bundle of self perspective bias directives.

I have told you, you didn't read my words, you only projected meaning upon my words.

You don't want me to show you anything. This is a LIE. you just want to try to project upon me more of your misunderstandings so that you may egotistically believe that you're rightous in your understandings.

It's a joke really. But the joke is on you, not me.

If you wanted to see clearly you could. You don't. You lie.

If you wish to try to see more clearly, then go back and try to understand my words in a positive natured way rather then projecting your negitive "wrong" bias upon my words.

Well, according to the part of the Bible you DO accept, if you can see clearly, you should be able to help me pull out the mote in my eye.

Luke 6: 42 Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.

But instead of showing love and kindness, you say I am lying (though I actually use the scripture that your religion is supposed to be based on, yet you do not). You are dodging the question I asked.

Will you show me through scripture how the mote is in my eye, please? Show me where I am wrong rather than just telling me that I am.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The road of 'self improvement' does not necessarily mean a road that only improves the self...because if you are truly doing this improvement for the ONE that you are a part of (God), then you understand the improvement that comes through you is FOR the world and mankind. Then, the true path actually becomes selfless...realizing that each person is a part of Thee...each person needs to be forgiven for 'they do not know what they do'. Its understanding that LOVE will be your conqueror and your body is the instrument to stand the firm ground.

I hope I made some since of something that seems to of gotten carried away in the last couple posts. Im sorry any one was accused of 'lieing'.

We all can be ugly, its admitting it that is tough. The fact that one feels they KNOW a truth can make them full of themselves, you must set the SELF aside and remain righteous in your words and actions, speak in a way that proves your humbleness.

Peace,
LV

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I think you read what I wrote wrong Leo ...I never said she was not saved ..I actually said if she put her faith in Mary and or Pope ..and not Christ ...then I said I could see why she had DOUBTS ..the spirit may have been working on her about that in the end ......... .then I said ...if she was never born again (Which is the evidence of being filled with the Holy Spirit) then that may be why she may have followed that other path (MARY etc) ...and then I also said ..no one knows what happens at the end of peoples lives when they know they are about to pass ..they actually cry out and God in his mercy will come to you ....as their spirit is really crying out then ....and she may have been born again (If not at first then possible at the last end of her life maybe ..) ..

Being filled with the Holy Spirit is what CONVICTS your heart and purifies your soul ..and changes you ...completely (like a 180 degree) and the truth gets shown BIG TIME to you.Whether your interested or not lol....
When I first recieved the Holy Spirit everyday something changed in me ..and everyday something in the word was shown to me (while I read it ) I would get stuck even for days on a few verses and would have dreams of them being explained to me (even met two angels one night who sat on my bed and told me somethings about the OT that I had been reading ) ..I know that sounds nuts but it is true ...
Anyway and when pamplets came in the mail I was shown how scripture had been twisted to mean something opposite of what it really said ..
It was strange ...I even saw demons roaming about in church whispering in the peoples ears and going in and out the church windows ..(I was seeing the spiritual realm ) and it was scary ..especially seeing it happen in church .
I kept thinking I was nuts ...(was not smoking anything lol) ...then a few months later ..everyone in that small church starting fighting with eachother ,...having affairs with eachother etc etc and the whole church went down for good .........

There are so many things I could tell you ..but it would take a book ..

All I know is when I did go do something that was not something I was supposed to do ..(love money or whatever) I was shown PLAINLY that I wasnt supposed to be doing that ....and I was shown plainly things like lies of the bible being told ..and even sometimes lies the preacher had been doing behind peoples backs ..(I could actually read some of their minds sometimes ) and it would end up true ......(I can still do this sometimes) .
I knew who was or wasnt a born again ...(I can tell now ..they have a certain glow in their eyes and their presence ..and they have an inner light you cannot even turn away from looking at them ) ....
[PS >.I can tell born agains on ATS ..and I am pretty sure they can sense eachother too ...the spirit recognizes the spirit ]

I did not know her ..so like I said ...I dont know either way ...

[edit on 8-12-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I wasn't trying to say you were wrong Simplynoone, I was just adding thoughts to a topic you brought up. I dont sense you as someone who would make that judgment on your own....I apologize if I took your thoughts out of contexts to discuss an interesting subject such as Mother Teresa.

Peace,
LV

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
And I very much agree with you about if she put her faith in the Pope ect....but I still think we both know, who are we to say...

LV

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
The road of 'self improvement' does not necessarily mean a road that only improves the self...because if you are truly doing this improvement for the ONE that you are a part of (God), then you understand the improvement that comes through you is FOR the world and mankind. Then, the true path actually becomes selfless...realizing that each person is a part of Thee...each person needs to be forgiven for 'they do not know what they do'. Its understanding that LOVE will be your conqueror and your body is the instrument to stand the firm ground.

I hope I made some since of something that seems to of gotten carried away in the last couple posts. Im sorry any one was accused of 'lieing'.

We all can be ugly, its admitting it that is tough. The fact that one feels they KNOW a truth can make them full of themselves, you must set the SELF aside and remain righteous in your words and actions, speak in a way that proves your humbleness.

Peace,
LV

*We* are *of* G-d, but to say that G-d is part *of us* is to miss the point and take away from Him only to add to "self." THIS is the false teaching that is warned of in both the Old Testament and the New by not only all the apostles, but Jesus, and of course G-d Himself. I can show you scripture for this.

It is this new age twisting and perverting of the Truth that attracts so many because they WANT to believe they are special and capable of finding salvation in themselves. Submitting to G-d by doing what He said to do is too difficult to those who love their ego more than life itself....

The OP is not special, you are not special, I am not special... we are all a part of the creation of G-d for His purpose and NOT the other way around.

This teaching is dangerous and is in fact, anti-G-d.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
What I find so interesting if one chooses to investigate, is all the new information that is creating an entire different picture of the Bible and its characters.

I look at the Bible like a mystery novel. Not all characters are what they present themselves to be and often one has to dig deeply to find the clues and toss aside all the chaff!

I know what you mean, I decided to study Biblical Greek just so I could get new perspectives on the NT. ITs actually very interesting, and I can't wait to go through Revelations in its original Greek format.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
*We* are *of* G-d, but to say that G-d is part *of us* is to miss the point and take away from Him only to add to "self." THIS is the false teaching that is warned of in both the Old Testament and the New by not only all the apostles, but Jesus, and of course G-d Himself. I can show you scripture for this.

It is this new age twisting and perverting of the Truth that attracts so many because they WANT to believe they are special and capable of finding salvation in themselves. Submitting to G-d by doing what He said to do is too difficult to those who love their ego more than life itself....

The OP is not special, you are not special, I am not special... we are all a part of the creation of G-d for His purpose and NOT the other way around.

This teaching is dangerous and is in fact, anti-G-d.

You know maybe for the first time in awhile ..I think I agree with you lol .
The only thing I think I would disagree with is that ALL OF US are special in his eyes .....not just the believer ..I believe all of Gods creation is special to him (as a whole) ........and all of us did come from God (part of his spirit is where our spirits came from ) He breathed LIFE in us ....and he foreknew us all (according to scripture) ....before the world was even formed ..
And thats why he says he is coming for his own ..And we are all his own (technically speaking) which is why we are all INVITED to come back to him ....through Jesus Christ .......
Remember that WE LEFT HIM to serve other gods ...etc .....
We need to come back to HIM >>..we need to INVITE him back into our lives ...and we do that by accepting his SON JESUS CHRIST INTO OUR LIVES ...reconnecting us to God through the HOLY SPIRIT that Christ sends to us when we ask for it .....................

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Each to their own...

I suppose you would say Satan guides me also. And I suppose that the spirit that guides me through dreams and understandings is not the Holy Spirit because you say so or the Bible tells you this.

Many can be full of themselves. Its just as dangerous to be full of yourself according to a book then it is too be full of yourself for self satisfaction. I get no satisfaction for myself through my beliefs...I am here to claim light of Thee and I am here to bring peace. I am here for God to work through this flesh...its not new age at all...actually, the belief of this goes back before any Christian NT. Christ came and spoke these things and people couldn't understand nor did they accept it.

Everyone wants to label something as new age, or christian or whatever...whom are you to say that God will not work through us. Whom are you to say that the Holy Spirit has not been poured out amongst us. Whom are you to say that someone is not worthy to KNOW they are of Thee, before, now and ever.

I could tell you that the Holy Spirit has brought me much wisdom, but you would disagree and say its not say. I dont go ranting to people of my dreams or experiences because they are personal to me but I do go and tell people what the experiences taught me.

This goes back to the 'do not judge others'....let God decide on how to bring everyone back to Thee...for Thee's plan has an order and will be brought in a righteous way.

Unlike what most want...through war, force and damnation.

Peace to all,
LV

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

How wonderful you feel convicted, and you are actually goin to tell me that the people who have been manipulated by our world leaders are going to be punished for all eternity? Once again the God of the Christian Bible sounds less loving... and more European...

I mean seriously, they put chemicals in our vaccines, chemicals in our skies, chemicals in our foods. They create our TV shows, they indoctrinate our minds subliminally, they manufacture for us our wars, forge our Nations, they grab our economy by the b@lls and refuse to let go.

But after all of this, after people have been so mistreated by the banking cartels, and by the rich, powerful families you are actually going to sit here and proclaim that God is going to punish the manipulated?? Are you serious? And what is your beef with spiritualism? Do you have a problem with a person finding the light within themselves? Didn't Jesus TELL US to be lights in this world? Bleh, whatever, that is ridiculous, if God could actually punish the manipulated then he is no better than our World Elite.

[edit on 12/8/2008 by dalan.]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying, but let's not fool ourselves. We are special only in that fact that we are His creation given a choice. If we choose ego and what we think is right over Him and what He knows is right, it stands to reason that we lose what it is that makes us special. In other words, shun the Creator and you have shunned your purpose thereby making you no longer special.
It isn't about us, it IS about Him.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.

How wonderful you feel convicted, and you are actually goin to tell me that the people who have been manipulated by our world leaders are going to be punished for all eternity?

No, *I* am not telling you that.

The fact is, I live under these leaders as well. I have allowed myself to be manipulated as well. It *IS* quite easy and there is only ONE ancient text that not only warns of this manipulation, but shows how it will be carried out. The part that proves it is from an actual Creator only can be seen once you have gotten to a place that you no longer care about the Truth for what it can do in your life or another man's life, but for what it is in itself. At that point, the proof comes. I can NOT make you see. Unlike most ppl who subscribe to the Bible, I do not expect that I can convince you. If you are not convinced, that is your problem, not mine.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The path I have chosen was a path that Thee showed me there was no turning back. Its a path for the bigger purpose...not of the individual. There is a path that is beyond the 'saving' part....it is to be a part of the works of this evolution in mankind and this Earth.

You can wait for the second coming all you want, but I dont see it that way. God expects more of us then that of us.

We are a part of the secound coming and its happening right below peoples noses and they refuse to be apart of it because they are awaiting God and Jesus to come and send people to their damnation.

God didnt give you knowledge in a book so you could know how things end....he gave you knowledge in a book so you could seek wisdom of the bigger picture.

A great evolving of mankind is going to take place...it wont be an end...just another begin again.

It is sad that I seek light for Thee...but I rarely find it religious folks because they will not let God out of their boxes.

Peace,
LV

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.

I mean seriously, they put chemicals in our vaccines, chemicals in our skies, chemicals in our foods. They create our TV shows, they indoctrinate our minds subliminally, they manufacture for us our wars, forge our Nations, they grab our economy by the b@lls and refuse to let go.

But after all of this, after people have been so mistreated by the banking cartels, and by the rich, powerful families you are actually going to sit here and proclaim that God is going to punish the manipulated?? Are you serious? And what is your beef with spiritualism? Do you have a problem with a person finding the light within themselves? Didn't Jesus TELL US to be lights in this world? Bleh, whatever, that is ridiculous, if God could actually punish the manipulated then he is no better than our World Elite.

[edit on 12/8/2008 by dalan.]

And all of this means what??? This is all about man and not at all about G-d.

Let's put aside the Bible's teaching for a second and my solidified faith in G-d to see that NONE of this has anything to do with Him. If you are manipulated, that is YOUR fault and yours alone. If you have believed these men over us, that just goes to show your retardness and lack of time pouring over the truth for its sake... not mine and certainly not your Creator's fault and so you have no excuse.

The funny thing, when I approached the Bible in a serious manner, I was approaching it in a non believing manner. What I found, when I set aside the blaming and biased interpretations was a clearly laid out plan of who these men are that are manipulating the world, how they would do it, and how to escape that manipulation. Clear as day... so my question is, once a person sees this, are they stupid for believing something that CAN be seen working behind the scenes of the govt's of the world or are they stupid for denying it and continuing to fall for that manipulation?

The problem is, I am betting, is that you have read little of the bible, particularly the old testament where it is shown the most who these men are that are manipulating us and what their plan is. I am betting that you have only heard the interpretations given by your fellow man. Way to research and prove your pointless point. It will be your downfall and not mine is all I can say.

If you REALLY want to know, than you will. That is the best advice I have to anyone.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
The path I have chosen was a path that Thee showed me there was no turning back. Its a path for the bigger purpose...not of the individual. There is a path that is beyond the 'saving' part....it is to be a part of the works of this evolution in mankind and this Earth.

You can wait for the second coming all you want, but I dont see it that way. God expects more of us then that of us.

We are a part of the secound coming and its happening right below peoples noses and they refuse to be apart of it because they are awaiting God and Jesus to come and send people to their damnation.

God didnt give you knowledge in a book so you could know how things end....he gave you knowledge in a book so you could seek wisdom of the bigger picture.

A great evolving of mankind is going to take place...it wont be an end...just another begin again.

It is sad that I seek light for Thee...but I rarely find it religious folks because they will not let God out of their boxes.

Peace,
LV

I have not once claimed to believe in a 2nd coming nor have I said I subscribe to the New Testaments messiah. As far as I have seen, Jesus (as we are shown in the New Testament) was at the most a man whose belief in G-d was twisted to lead others away from the true Saviour.... the true Saviour and only Saviour being G-d.

The reason I say this is because I now filter other writings through the ONLY text that has proven itself beyond arguement to me as being the correct version. In other words, I do not filter the Old through the New.

According to the Old, Jesus is not G-d in the form of flesh.
"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

"Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6

"I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

......"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is G.d in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

"See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

Neither do I see that there is any other saviour besides One and that is G-d, the ONLY G-d.

"See now that I, even I am He, and there is no G.d with me. I kill and make alive, I wound and I heal, neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand." Deuteronomy 32:39.

"Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6

Isaiah 43:3: "For I am the LORD (Y-H-W-H) thy G.d, the Holy one of Israel, thy saviour."

Isaiah 45:21-22: "... I the LORD, and there is no G.d else beside Me, a just G.d and a saviour, there is no saviour beside Me. Look unto Me and be you saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am G.d and there is none else."

Hosea 13:4: "Yet I am the LORD thy G.d, and thou shall know no G.d but Me, for there is no saviour beside Me."

"Thus saith the LORD: Cursed be the man that trusteth in man… Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is." Jeremiah 17:5+7.

Shall I go on?
How can the New Testament be based on the Old if these verses are clear and the New contradicts that which it is supposed to be based upon?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Leo there is no evolving coming in fact just the OPPOSITE was told in scriptures ..it says what is coming is a GREAT FALLING AWAY from the TRUTH ..and LOVE GROWING COLD .(dont you see that now?) .....and falling away from GOD >> ..
2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Does not sound like anyone evolving into anything but serious digressing (is that the right word?)going down in our near future ......wouldnt you say ?

Before the renewing of the earth takes place ....there is first a seperation of the wheat from the chaff ..and a treading of the grapes ...and a burning of the chaff and the fields (to purify and bust up the dirt and kill all the weeds and the seeds of the weeds) ..there are WEEDS in the garden and the Lord is allowing them to grow up together ..until the HARVEST >..

Read about the Jewish harvests...
www.wcg.org...
Read the word where it talks about the wheat harvest and the seperating of the wheat and the chaff and the reaping ....and then the treading of the grapes ..etc .....it is very enlightening and would help you understand it all better on whats coming and why it will happen as it happens ...
www.blueletterbible.org...
(THESE ARE THE WORDS OF JESUS )

If you are at all familiar with gardening or planting of fields etc ...and harvests .you would understand that we are the plants in his garden ..and the field is the world ...etc etc ....
Mat 22
Luk 14

Etc etc etc ..

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I apologize for assumptions I made of your beliefs. I am truly sorry that I jumped the gun, that was wrong of me to do so.

I take interests in some of what you said pretaining to the differences in the OT and the NT.

I do find it so ironic though...we have some very spiritual people discussing in this topic, they all feel (including I ) that they have found a understanding of 'what God is and what God wants'. Each path might be unique in what that soul needs to gain from this life here. I am not going to be quick to judge and say anyone is truly 'wrong' but yet, I believe each comes to an understanding that helps their soul find peace and progress in growth.

Peace,
LV

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Simplynoon,

Some of my favorite passages are about the harvesting of the fruits and the separating of the wheat's ect.....I truly love the idea of the winepress and the grapes.

Still, to say there is only ONE interpretation I cant say that....I feel the winepress is the earth, the grapes (our flesh) gets trodded through this winepress...this is how all the light is saved of Thee. I still also believe that another winepress will be given for those souls who do not bring much light through. I dont believe anything will ever exists outside of Thee...so for this reason, I believe God makes a way for all to find a way (unless all light within them becomes blown out like a flame in the wind.

I know I know...reincarnation is not so yada yada....I have very personal reasons to KNOW it is so. I dont think this is important to know...its just something the spirit has shown me of how Thee works. I hold no reverence in my beliefs over any others. I find my purpose with my beliefs just as beneficial as others purpose with theirs. Even the evil things that we see as evil...it has a purpose for the growth of others if they are willing to allow the experiences of others to teach them something through that evil.

The peacekeepers and peace bringers path may vary from some of the modernised paths of beliefs. This is OK....just because my beliefs dont jive completely with others doesnt make them or me rightous enough to call it absolute truth. Its only truth for the believer....it is not absolute for someone that has been shown different from the spirit.

Peace to all,
LV

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join