It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: We Never Said We Weren’t In A Recession

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hehe typical of the criminal cabal we have in government. F*&( up and then deny it completely knowing that everything they say is recorded and kept on record. Our government really does take up for incompetent. Powerless we are but incompetent no. Here is a few times that they "never" said we werent in a recession.

– “The administration economists are not forecasting a recession.” [White House Press Secretary Dana Perino, 1/23/08]

- “We don’t believe we’re going to have a recession though.” [Vice President Dick Cheney, 1/30/08]

- “I think the experts will tell you we’re not in a recession.” [President Bush, 2/10/08]

- “The answer is, I don’t think we are in a recession right now.” [Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Edward Lazear, 2/11/08]

– “First of all, we’re not in a recession.” [President Bush, 4/22/08]

– “The data are pretty clear that we are not in a recession.” [Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Edward Lazear, 5/7/08]

- “I don’t think we are” in a recession. [Director of the National Economic Council Keith Hennesy, 6/3/08]

– “I don’t think any of the analysts are saying that” the U.S. has been in or is entering recession. [Perino, 7/31/08]

– “I think we have avoided a recession.” [White House Budget Director Jim Nussle, 7/31/08]

– “I just haven’t heard anybody talking necessarily about a recession.” [Perino, 9/5/08]

– “Well, we’ve talked about the definition of a recession before; it’s two consecutive — it’s generally considered two consecutive quarters of negative growth. We certainly haven’t had that.” [Perino, 9/17/08]

Sigh silently and sadly I kind of want things to continue to go downhill. Not because Im anti American and really because I am pro American. If enough bad happens from the government failures and theft of the people maybe just maybe enough people will wake up to join us who have been shouting out for the past several years.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Only politician in the fall of 07' to say recession was Ron Paul...........
They rest of the Dems and Repubs on the debate stage laughed at him (even though they had the same info.........)

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'm really going to miss Dana Perino. Press secretaries are supposed to be cool under pressure, you know, lie at will and make you believe them. At times it looks like even she doesn't believe what she's saying.
Maybe she can get a job with Fox.
As far as the OP, nothing surprises me anymore. It doesn't even really matter. Its almost like hearing gossip all the time, eventually you just stop listening.

join