It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: 'India Was Ready to Strike Pakistan'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Report: 'India Was Ready to Strike Pakistan'

www.foxnews.com

The Pakistani High Commissioner in London, Wajid Shamsul Hassan, says India was ready to launch a military strike on Pakistan in retaliation for the Mumbai terror attacks, Sky News reported.

Hassan said British and American officials had to intervene to prevent India from carrying out an attack.

"On the day of the Mumbai attacks, I got some information in London that India was going to act very drastically against Pakistan in retaliation to what happened," Hassan told Sky News.

The senior diplomat alerted the Pakistani government and President Asif Ali Zardari to the threat.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well it looks like we avoided a close one!! If the US and Brits didnt step in to calm things down we could very well be witnessing an all out war over there. I have also seen various reports on the web though that Israel is working with India to launch commando raids into Pakistan. I wonder what the US and Brits stance on that would be? I thought i saw yesterday that Rice said limited raids on terrorist camps in Pakistan were "ok's" but overt military action is not.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join