It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain 'plotting Zimbabwe invasion'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson
infact if you actually look at the actions of un peackeepers you will see there not peaceful at all,they often contribute to the killing with arms smuggling and selling,murders,rapes and all sorts,its an epidemic,unseen by most but those who know realise somethings wrong.
perhaps by randomising the draft for un duties,ais will not be recruited.

You do know the UN has no troops of it's own, don't you? You know how the UN operates, don't you? It seems you are under the impression that the UN has it's own forces and recruits sex offenders.

As for the topic, we should bloody well invade. Since independence, there isn't a single former Afircan colony that can be held up as an example of how a country should be Governed.

The only half-decent places where the ones governed by White folk, but no they have been forced out, the whole place is a crap fest. Seeing as european colonials gave the colonies infrastructure, education, healthcare and good governance, they have pissed it up against the wall in a few short decades of violence and greed.

All that is going on there now is a medieval level society with 20th century weapons fighting it out over who's tribe is best.

How pathetic are they?

EDIT: In case you hadn't guessed, Africa annoys me. "Send Aid", they say. "Help the starving" they say. Oh for crying out bloody loud, how much more money does it take before they get off their arses and sort their crap out?

And what really annoys me is "Mbeke has to walk 20 miles a day for fresh water". My answer, MOVE CLOSER YOU PILLOCK!!. here in the west, we built our towns and cities near a supply of water!

[edit on 8/12/08 by stumason]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I'd just like to take this moment to give you a round of applause, no, a standing ovation.

This is exactly how I feel about Africa, to the letter. I am sick and tired of apologising for the Empire, as it was clearly the best thing to have happened to Africa.

Perhaps they simply weren't ready for the modern world.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ste2652
Whatever people say about Iraq, I think a multinational invasion of Zimbabwe would be absolutely justified. This stuff about colonialism is completely untrue; running an empire became essentially obsolete by the late 1940s/early 1950s. It's rather hypocritical anyway, given the reports of covert Chinese influence over the government in Harare - imperialism by stealth? Zimbabwe should be an affluent, strong and independent nation. Instead, the Mugabe regime has destroyed it.

I think Zimbabwe would benefit from British intervention but Britain wouldn't in that, again, it would be perceived as the Evil British empire-building again. Run for the hills! It would also, in a sense, prove Mugabe right.

Of course, it would have been very different if Zimbabwe had a resource like oil, as exploitable resources like that seem to be democracy-magnets which attract foreign armies and their 'freedoms'.

It's the same as Somalia. How many years has Somalia been as bad as it is? However, when foreign cargos are as issue, it looks like the West has to do something about it.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
It's the same as Somalia. How many years has Somalia been as bad as it is? However, when foreign cargos are as issue, it looks like the West has to do something about it.

Well, you can understand that when something threatens our interests, we have to act, but I do not see why we must be the only ones too and also the only one's who should act with no self-interest at all.

Africa really needs to wake up and take some responsibility. I appluaded Ethiopia for their invasion of Somalia, but they eventually got bugger all backing from anywhere else in Africa and now they're pulling out. Back to square one.

It's time for the continent to either stand on it's own two feet, or just give us back our empire so we can do it properly. They need to stop begging the west for help but doing precious little about it themselves.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Well, you can understand that when something threatens our interests, we have to act, but I do not see why we must be the only ones too and also the only one's who should act with no self-interest at all.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I understand the notion of protecting interests and all that. The point I was making was really tied to the general idea of Western nations spreading democracy and freedom to Iraq when other places are in far bigger trouble.

Africa really needs to wake up and take some responsibility. I appluaded Ethiopia for their invasion of Somalia, but they eventually got bugger all backing from anywhere else in Africa and now they're pulling out. Back to square one.

I said the same in my previous post on this thread. Really, more is to be gained from South Africa sorting this out 'in-house'. The West, and particularly Britain, avoids the Empire-building accusations, Zimbabwean people get shut of a dirtbag, it increases the standing of the South African nations that got involved to sort it out and everyone benefits from having a productive country on the world map.

It's time for the continent to either stand on it's own two feet, or just give us back our empire so we can do it properly. They need to stop begging the west for help but doing precious little about it themselves.

The problem is, I'm not sure Britain would actually benefit from this to make it worthwhile aside from doing the 'right thing'. If Britain took over Zimbabwe tomorrow, it's still going to be years before the country is on it's feet again. In the mean time, people think immigration is an issue now? I don't think Britain would have a leg to stand on regarding a sudden massive influx of Zimbabweans coming to Britain. I'm sure a lot of them would move back in 5 to 10 years if the country got back on it's feet, but think of how many would stay.

I'm not entirely sure the rest of South Africa would be that happy the idea of a 'white run' Zimbabwe again. Perhaps they'd fear other European countries would be looking on thinking 'yeah, let's go back. There might be a bit of money to be made here'. Perhaps, in some ways, South Africa has moved on too far ideologically for them to allow this to happen, even if they haven't got the practical side of it sorted out.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I wouldn't say everywhere is so bad. Namibia is one excellent place to visit and lots of Germans and Africaans farmers live there to this day, even though the country has gained independence from SA. It seems a well run place to be honest with a good economy. Would go back there anytime I could. A good example for the rest of southern Africa.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Asia and South America didn't do too bad when they came out of colonial rule except for a few notable dictatorships.

I am torn on invading Zimbabwe, it is going to be so very messy and will it even fix the country? Sure you'll get rid of Mugabe, but when Mugabe took power he certainly seemed reasonable and not a despot; what's to say the next won't devolve into a petty warlord as well?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan
but when Mugabe took power he certainly seemed reasonable and not a despot;

Apart from the fact he rigged that election and committed ethnic cleaning of the Ndebele population during Gukurahundi in the 1980s.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
im sick of the African begging bowl adverts on tv everyday. i have no sympathy for a country who breed themselves into starvation.. back on topic i say let the country collapse and when there all finished killing each other then we can begin building it back up to where it once was before people who sh#t \ p#ss in the water they are drinking took over...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The thing is, there's no percentage in anyone invading. There's nothing of value, similar to oil, that demands attention.

The last time the US for example went in to Somalia to help the starving, we just made the situation worse.

What is the saying? The road to hell is paved with good intentions?

No, I guess I'm just a simple-minded hardass. I think people get the government, the economy, and the moral state they deserve. While some may argue that innocents are helpless, I would agree that this is the true tragedy.

But those who are strong enough and don't fight an oppressive regime like this are just as much to blame as the perpetrators.

The way the fighting and civil strife in Africa continues, there may not be enough people to dominate in another decade or two.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

To be fair, they did not want to be part of the empire at all, they fought like demons but we simply conquered them.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
South Africa wont intervene, they don't want to be seen as supporting the evil Whites against a fellow African leader ... on top of that the ANC is only a few notches away from Mugabe with the only difference being that their actions against the White population (land seizures, murders of farmers, etc) are not official policy unlike in Zimbabwe.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

Africa isn't a country......

Is that you Mrs Palin ?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Magabe (spelling?) is the definition of disgusting. This SOB has No concern his people are dealing with (actually not dealing with) a preventable illness we have been able to prevent for over 100 years. This guy IS the biggest desease in Zimbabwe. I hope the Brits DO deal with him, and fast.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It may not fit into the medias story of the crazy old man, but Ol' Bob is now just the front man ceding power to a military junta months ago.

They aren't sure how to play their hand. The country still has substantial mineral resources and millions flow through private and national coffers. Plenty to skim even in the worst of times. Whose going to notice a few million more drained away?

I doubt it will happen, but a storming of the Palace would be the best deal all around. The Will of the People! No other countries look bad.

The Chinese sit patiently on the sideline, wondering if total bedlam and street rioting will be this month, this year. Soon for sure. Then a new cash-strapped leadership will be in place and new loans and resource deals will be implemented.

As bad as the British may have been in the past, there is now some notion of compassion for impoverished blacks. The same cannot be said for the Chinese.

No good prognostications.

Mike F

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
When I lived in China I learned what it was like being on the receiving end of racism. But what I got was nothing compared to the Africans; they were really thought to be the bottom of the heap.

Zimbabwe cholera death toll near 600- U.N.

Mugabe's spokesman George Charamba said the West is using the cholera outbreak to further aggression and to advocate an invasion of Zimbabwe in a bid to oust Mugabe. "The British and the Americans are dead set on bringing Zimbabwe back to the U.N. Security Council, they are also dead set on ensuring that there is an invasion of Zimbabwe but without themselves carrying it out," state-owned The Herald newspaper quoted Charamba as saying.

Basic foodstuffs are running out, prices of goods are doubling every 24 hours, and the 100 million Zimbabwean dollar a week limit for bank withdrawals buys only three loaves of bread in the once relatively prosperous country.

Sounds like now would be as good a time as any.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by fatdad

Africa isn't a country......

Is that you Mrs Palin ?
oops my mistake ... the continent .. is that you pubspy ?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This guy is seriouslycrazy. I can't believe he actually expects to be taken seriously any more.

Mugabe blames Britain for 'cholera genocide'

PRESIDENT Robert Mugabe's government has accused former colonial power Britain of causing a "genocidal" cholera epidemic, one day after he sparked an uproar by declaring the outbreak over.

The accusations over the cholera crisis came as the World Health Organisation (WHO) said the death toll had risen to 792, and aid groups warned the epidemic could last for months.

"Cholera is a calculated, racist attack on Zimbabwe by the unrepentant former colonial power, which has enlisted support from its American and Western allies so that they can invade the country," Sikhanyiso Ndlovu told a press conference.

"The cholera epidemic in Zimbabwe is a serious biological, chemical war force, a genocidal onslaught, on the people of Zimbabwe by the British," he said. "It's a genocide of our people."

<< 1   >>

join