It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain 'plotting Zimbabwe invasion'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Britain 'plotting Zimbabwe invasion'

www.abc.net.au

Zimbabwe's Government has accused former colonial ruler Britain of using a cholera epidemic to rally Western support for an invasion of the collapsing southern African nation, a state-run newspaper has said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Mugabe is a complete fruit cake; he is so paranoid I am surprised he isn't a regular on this website looking for conspiracies in every last corner... or is he?!?

It doesn't take much to work out that if you destroy the economy and descend a large portion of the population into poverty and let the infrastructure decay to the point of contaminated water it's a foregone conclusion.

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
And I hope the International community does do something.

Instead, as usual, they'll probably hold a meeting at the UN, and the result of that meeting will be a "timetable" for their next meeting, and which biscuits they'll have for it.

Completely useless organisation if ever there was one.

We've needed to do something about Zimbabwe for decades, and because we haven't millions of people have died needlessly, and millions more live in squalor.

It doesn't take a war, it takes a small team to go in and remove him, then allow aid to stream through and the organizations to help the people.
And it doesn't take months of discussion either.

Until I see concrete evidence, I'll say that this is again every leader shooting off their mouth and placating people with promises of action that will be too little too late.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Maybe if this Idiot spent some of the money he's stolen from every nation thats tried to help, he might get the garbage and offal out of the nations water supplies and get rid of the squalor he forces his people to live in!
How this psycho has remained in office without being asassinated has always made me say "DUH"! He has made deals with the Soviets initialy and when that money ran out to steal he has now made deals with China and has Chinese troops in the country now. The problems of African existence must start with his complete removel to a place he no longer has access to human contact.

Zindo

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
In fact, majority of his soldiers and police officers would join the side of an invasion force - that's what Mugabe fears the most. Unlike the African Union, the British and Europeans want him to stand trial at The Hague.

The Trade Union Congress and the Catholic Church of Zimbabwe have both called, with tearful statements, for the British to invade their nation. For a minute spare a thought; how desperate and forlorn must one be to call for a foreign army to invade your nation

[edit on 7-12-2008 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
edit: Another spectacular misread by me and comment which made no sense.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Lazyninja]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Mugabe is only the nominal leader of Zimbabwe. A coup d'etat of 3 generals occurred in March. Mugabe wanted to step down, but is being kept in his role, still recognized by many as their leader.

Mugabe probably has hundreds of millions stashed away in Swiss bank accounts, if he didn't squander what he grabbed.

The whole continent suffer from his gross mismanagement as the country fed half of them. If the British or South Africa don't go in and try to clean up the mess, millions will just be left to starve.

For the vast majority of Africans trying to stay alive, colonial rule may have been an unfair and abusive way of governing, but it was preferable to the series of disastrous self-ruling regimes that followed. There is a resource grab in the Congo today, overlaid by tribal warfare. The results are 5+ million Africans dead or dying. Similar numbers are elsewhere in places like the Sudan.

The British and other European powers won't go back in, the political fallout would be horrible. The Chinese and Middle East just watch and wait on the sidelines, feeding corrupt warlord regimes with resource contracts that they expect to default. Already a new economic colonialism is developing, infinitely more heartless than the European model.

This gets no media coverage as it’s too complex and too depresssing for the average Western person. And the Usual Suspects, Jews, US admin, CIA, Mossad, anren't major players - so it's not of interest to the conspiracy-minded either.

One of the greatest tragedies of out time.

Mike F

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
After reading this...the Zimbabwean populace celebrate and declare a 3 day holiday in anticipation for the invasion.

I love how all these countries were so much better off when the evil whiteys were oppressing them.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hmm...

Why is Zimbabwe so interesting?
I mean is there anything else than suffering people?
I'm somehow numb about it... yet another miserable african country.

The media is indeed influencing on me.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by karamba

I think you'll find at one time Zimbabwe had the most productive farmland in Africa, they produced far more than they needed meaning they exported to other African nations - If you want to have a good foothold in Africa you couldn't really ask for more, any infrastructure they once had would likely still be in place - just throw a bit of money at it and run it right and I bet you the everday Zimbabweians would not mind one bit! And hey - evil whity has moved on a bit, now were more cunning and less evil...

I wonder if all the mineral possibilities have been looked at, could be diamonds or gold there, more oil maybe.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Funny. When it was Rhodesia, it was a very prosperous, shining pearl of Africa. And then, it wasn't Rhodesia. And this once beautiful, peaceful country is now just another backwater ****hole where thugs have their way.

Many Rhodesians moved to South Africa, which also was a very proud, productive, peaceful nation. Now, it's a murder center, and everyone who can, has gotten out.

Surely two countries aren't enough to show a parallel pattern . . . nah.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Many moved here in the late 60's early 70's when things started to go bad. I went to school with two guys that came from Rhodesia. They lived two houses down from me. One of them lives there still in his parents house in my hometown!

Zindo

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It's a shame. Those used to be very good countries to live in. I had an acquaintance who went to Rhodesia to test the "Devil's Organ" against terrs. They were compelled to drive up and down the roads for days on end, just begging to be ambushed before they got a successful test.

Worked as advertised.

The ambushers became the ambient temperature ambushees.

God, those guys had a lot of fun in those days.

I don't really see Britain plotting a Zimbabwe invasion as such, as the recent events in Iraq has left a bad taste in the mouths of a lot of Brits.

Then again, if they go, God be with them. Good lads. All

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I don't think many countries want to take unilateral action after the Iraq fiasco. Unfortunately it is allowing Mugabe to murder his populace through neglect and corruption.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Zimbabwe's Government has accused former colonial ruler Britain of using a cholera epidemic to rally Western support for an invasion of the collapsing southern African nation, a state-run newspaper has said.

Wait a second, Mr Mugabe (as "state-run" newspapers are inevitably mouthpieces of the dictator of said "state"):
Is this the same Britain that used embargoes against the "racist white minority" government of Rhodesia, allowing you and your freedom fighters to win the Bush War? The same Britain that refused - and refuses - to acknowledge white Zimbabwean farmers driven from their productive farms, which were handed to your cronies?

Mugabe knows that power is slipping from his fingers, so I'm assuming that the threat of a "neo-colonial invasion" will be used against the opposition party at the least - if not for a full-blown coup.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Everyone's so terrified of something being said that might be construed as white supremacist that this discussion gets derailed. Whatever the merits of black Africans or white Europeans may be, in the latter half of the 20th Century, as domestic black leadership took control of their countries, we've seen massive genocide, enormous corruption, endemic disease, and famine.

Probably needed was a generation or two for responsible black leaders to emerge knowledgeable and capable of implementing systems of agriculture, industry, trade, commerce, health, humanitarianistic govet programs, etc.

Instead, for the most part, a bunch of cutthroats seized power after defeating other cuthhroats. Like pirates taking over a ship, the wealth was distributed amongst cronies and supporters, and there was little regard for keeping the ship afloat.

Mugabe could have stole millions more if he's at least kept the agriculture sector workingt, but he was too ignorant and short-sighted to even see that killing the goose meant no more golden eggs.

A true tragedy when millions of innocent Africans suffer.

Mike F

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hasn't Britain been plotting to take over Zimbabwe since 1980? Isn't that part of the basis of Mugabe's hold over the Zimbabwean people: brainwashing about the fear of white, colonial rule. I'm sure that whenever Mugabe stubs his toe that he sees it as evidence of a British plot against Zimbabwe.

Zimbabweans deserve better but I can't see how they'll actually get it in the immediate future. I don't think the British or any Europeans (or Americans) should intervene, I really think now, regarding world diplomacy, the only people that can really sort this #ing mess out is the other South African nations.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Same old nonsense from Mugabe again. Every time things go wrong, the threat of a British invasion is dragged out.

Part of me wants to see what'd happen if a portion of the Royal Navy parked itself off the coast of Mozambique and demanded that Mugabe stepped down and the UN were allowed in to conduct fresh elections (with international observers from both Africa and the rest of the world to look out for corruption and fraud).

Zimbabwe is in chaos; a cholera epidemic has broken out and hundreds have already died (the numbers will reach thousands pretty soon, and Zimbabwe's medical system is in no state to cope), inflation is at eye watering levels, the economy has imploded and the military is suffering mass desertion. If this isn't a failed state, I don't know what is.

Whatever people say about Iraq, I think a multinational invasion of Zimbabwe would be absolutely justified. This stuff about colonialism is completely untrue; running an empire became essentially obsolete by the late 1940s/early 1950s. It's rather hypocritical anyway, given the reports of covert Chinese influence over the government in Harare - imperialism by stealth? Zimbabwe should be an affluent, strong and independent nation. Instead, the Mugabe regime has destroyed it.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
And I hope the International community does do something.

Instead, as usual, they'll probably hold a meeting at the UN, and the result of that meeting will be a "timetable" for their next meeting, and which biscuits they'll have for it.

Completely useless organisation if ever there was one.

We've needed to do something about Zimbabwe for decades, and because we haven't millions of people have died needlessly, and millions more live in squalor.

It doesn't take a war, it takes a small team to go in and remove him, then allow aid to stream through and the organizations to help the people.
And it doesn't take months of discussion either.

Until I see concrete evidence, I'll say that this is again every leader shooting off their mouth and placating people with promises of action that will be too little too late.

nothing is ever done by the un nowadays,they turn a blind eye as the security council who make all the decisions is run by unscruplous nations who seem to veto any action that aimed at preventing people being killed.
infact good old john bolton was sent by our buddy bush to undermine the un,by saying it was weak,when infact it was the us amoungst the other security council nations who are responsible for its inneficiency and weaness by refusing to act!,nothing but a clever shift to pass the blame elsewhere!.

infact if you actually look at the actions of un peackeepers you will see there not peaceful at all,they often contribute to the killing with arms smuggling and selling,murders,rapes and all sorts,its an epidemic,unseen by most but those who know realise somethings wrong.
perhaps by randomising the draft for un duties,ais will not be recruited.

if were ever gonna sort this world out and stop the intentful depopulation by future artificial intelligence,we must recognise they always target systems of power,thus the un must be reformed,so as its not the most powerful nations who are on the security council but the most respected.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I'm surprised the Zimbabwean people aren't begging the British to come back and rule, because when we were in charge, Rhodesia was the breadbasket of Africa.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join