It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Obama Christmas celebration question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

Just the topic of a curious conversation that I had last night during dinner. The other day while walking thru a local Lowes hardware store, for of all things birdseed, I had to pass the Christmas section. While doing so I noticed that almost an entire aisle was dedicated to African American Santa’s and Baby Jesus, angels and such.
I’m guessing that this is not a new thing, though I guess that I must not be as well informed as I should be. Another thing I want cleared up right now…This is not about race, creed or any of that. Historically Santa has been the jolly old white guy. Why should Santa be “White” and not the color of your ethnic background? Do you think that there is a Japanese or Chinese Santa? Maybe a Polynesian Santa?? Well, why the hell not. It makes sense to me.

The topic of the conversation was this…Is there more “Black” Santa’s and “Black” Baby Jesus’s this year on the shelves because Obama won the election??
I must admit that I dismissed this as one of those “come on, you gotta be kidding me” things, but the more that we talked about it.....

Here's another question that came up..With His father being from Kenya, do you think that their family has a "black Santa" as part of their holidays? Do you think that the Obama seriously celebrates Christmas with the supposed Muslim rumblings we've all heard about??

I guess that I really don’t have an informed and intelligent answer to these questions and that’s why I’ve posted it to all of you for your thoughts on this.

To the mods, if I put this in the wrong place, my apologies.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by wolf241e]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
That may be, but you might be looking for it also. It seems everytime I get another car then I noticed how many are on the road!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

Can anyone say Kwanza, the made up African American holiday because some black Americans don't want to be Americans in their culture...

Muslims wouldn't celebrate christmas as Jews and real Christians wouldn't but we shall see what Obama does as I am sure he MSM will cover it more than any of us want...

join