It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very interesting old school UFO footage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Any digital analysis experts out there who can work out what the Dickens is going on in this clip?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
No digital analysis but it looks to be two things happening.

1. Bugs flying around
  2. Lenticular clouds

[edit on 12/7/2008 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Any idea what year this was shot? The dark streaks I think are birds but the tube shaped object seems to have a ripple effect to it.Interesting vid thou thanks for posting it

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Karl12: gotta go with Phage on this one. I see what you are talking about but the quality (hence your note of "old school") is so poor it would be hard to analyze it. Keep posting!

CJ

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage,thanks for the reply
The circular object doesn't look like any lenticular cloud I've seen (or Mammatus,Nancreous or Circum horizon);also one object appears to be rotating.
There also seems to be two other objects at 3:55 which travel in different directions and then minutes later one is not there anymore.
I could be very wrong but I think the Lenticular explanation may just be a kneejerk debunk.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
reply to post by Phage

The circular object doesn't look like any lenticular cloud I've seen (or Mammatus,Nancreous or Circum horizon), also one object appears to be rotating.
There also seems to be two other objects at 3:55 which travel in different directions and then minutes later one is not there anymore.
I could be very wrong but I think the Lenticular explanation just may be a kneejerk debunk.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

Spherical lenticulars aren't common (I couldn't find a photo) but they do occur. Even UFO websites admit it:

Lenticular clouds are abnormal clouds that form into spherical or oval shaped forms.
alienresearch.wikia.com...

It's too bad the posted reduced the speed. Seeing it at normal speed would be more helpful. Movement within a lenticular can make it appear to rotate.

At 3:55 all I see are the birds/bugs at the top of the frame.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I am certainly no expert in analyzing images/videos, and I haven't come to any firm conclusion about this footage. But it is quite interesting, so thanks to the Karl12 for sharing!

I also noticed that in the comments section at YouTube, one poster called "maxthehooker" claims to be the son of the man who shot the video:

You guys can hate all you want. I'm the son of the guy who originally shot the video. I witnessed it with my own eyes. Here, my dad could say all the crazy pseudo-intellectual bull # he wants.. i don't even care about aliens. what i CAN tell you is that i WITNESSED THIS WITH MY OWN EYES. i don't condone lying, nor do i condone misinformation. If you guys have any questions that you want answered by a third person who doesn't sound crazy, shoot me a message.. I SAW THIS ALL HAPPEN LIVE. truth.

www.youtube.com...

Perhaps the OP could try to contact "maxthehooker" to get some more background information about the video and the possible UFOs?

Just a suggestion, in case "maxthehooker" is telling the truth about who he is.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

thanks Karl 12, interesting video

i see three objects in this video and to me they don't look like clouds.

around the three minute mark you will see the first cigar shaped object slowly disappearing and another one in front of starting to appear. also there seems to be an orb looking object at the bottom of the view wich doesn't seem to move much.

i think you would need the normal speed version to get a better idea of what we are looking at, and i ain't buying the cloud theory as of yet.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Aah... To bad you don´t get more feedback on this one, it looks
strange, UFO or not, i hope someone with more info could explain
what this phenomenon is about.

Even if someone debunk this i will be happy to know what could
cause this, clouds seems a little bit to easy, maybe a cloud expert
should be invited?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I suspect all the videos where the person behind the camera is not pointing the camera to the supposed subject, and this is just another case like that.

I haven't seen the whole video, but that made feel very suspicious of this video. That and the blurriness, it could have been added to hide something, I don't think people would make a 10 minutes video without noticing that it was out of focus.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I agree with Phage that this is probably just a lenticular cloud or some atmospheric phenomena, the spinning/rotation of the object doesn't convince me of anything out of the ordinary either. The slowing down of the playback does make me even more skeptical.

But the object appears to have a different shade of color than the other clouds, another interesting thing I noticed is the dark line(possibly a shadow) under the supposed object.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I've just tried to restore the real speed filming of this video. In fact, the first seconds are too speedy, but don't care. The rest of the movie i think is close to real speed or at least it is good enough.

Look here the video:

Now i think to an explanation:

It seems that the filming take place on afternoon, to the west, (or morning, to the east) when ussualy the low angle of sunlight make the clouds to shine to the orange hue, and the contrail of the airplanes to be very bright too.

I think the static round orb in the bottom of the frame is Venus, and the moving to the right horizontal line is an airplane with its contrail.
You know, the lengh and duration of the contrail depend on pressure, altitude, humidity and other factors. There are days when contrails remain hours and became diaphanous clouds, there are days when are no contrails at all, and there are days when contrails are not too long, and disipate soon, appearing to follow the plain. I think this is the case here: an airplane flying to the right of the frame. Depending of changing local conditions, the contrail occazionally may be longer or shorter, or interrupt itself, before disipating. This is the case here i think.

regarding dark "shadow" below the contrail...it may be an image artifact, due to sharpening of the electronics in the case of more violent bright to dark border transition. You can see the same dark "shadow" under the "Venus" orb.

This is my guess.

top topics

join