It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santas not real little Johnny...so get a job!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Ive always wondered why we set our children up like that. Why tell them the world is filled with magic and magical creatures ad have them believe for years only to shoot down their hopes, dreams, and imaginations with the "truth".

Ill never forget the day my mother had to tell me santa wasn't real. My next question was...but the easter bunny and the tooth fairy are real...right mom??? Then my whole world came tumbling down. I found out my parents lied to me and that I was just a silly child for believing in magic.

Through all my research with the bible, quantum physics, ancient civilizations, meditation, etc, i found that we have are being told that we are magical and that our soul/energy body/ higher self, has more magical power than we can imagine. I am finding this to be more and more true and starting to see the magical side of life again through many personal experiences.

What im wondering is...was santa clause just a plot to crush our feelings and beliefs in anything magical? So that as we grow up physically, we dont progress spiritually to discover our true magical selves that have been locked away by our materialist society?

Honestly where did the idea of lying to our children and then crushing their hopes and dreams come from? Who thought that this was ok? Christmas has turned into such a materialist affair anyways, i am just starting to see the link now.

We are to believe that there is no magic so wake up and get a job that sells your soul for money so you can buy a bunch of meaningless pieces of plastic so we can keep the big machine running!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I don't get it either. Although I was never much for religion
which to me seemed to the basis of it. I remember going
to church up till I was 13 or 14 to make confirmation and
thinking, "this is such a load of crap". I just wanted to please
my parents.
Same with Santa, I stopped believing around 1st grade,
when I really thought it must be impossible for one fat
dude to fly all around the world and give gifts. Once again,
I went along with the lie till they seemed to make remarks
like, "Santas got back problems, I'm not sure how he is
gonna carry a new bike in".

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
some good points. you probably don't have kids, and neither do i so we probably don't understand.

you couldn't be more right about the job situation. i don't know ANYONE who likes their job. (yes i'm poor) even the people i know who make more money end up getting the shaft as well. their wives will quit working and then not even take care of the kids, happened to my brother poor guy. he married a blonde german.

the working world makes you lie on a daily basis and if you start telling the truth you'll never get anywhere. calling things for what they are in the business world is paramount to suicide.

i don't see anything wrong with santa, there are lots of things parents don't know when kids ask them questions. you can't expect them to have the right answer for everything. as long as your not trying to pound it in your kids head it should be fine. besides, disilussionment is a powerful tool

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Oh great - now I feel like a bad parent. My children are 10, 9, 7 and 7 and they still believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny, the tooth fairy, etc! I'm not sure if they really believe or if they are just pretending to believe but I'm still playing it up!

My world didn't come 'crashing down' when I found out that Santa wasn't real. Maybe that's because my family was big on helping others and we did a lot of volunteering in the community. My father also was like Santa - if anyone was in need my Dad was there. I can't even keep track of how many people he financially put through college because he knew they had potential and didn't want their lack of resources to hold them back from being all they could be.

I think if you raise your children to make a difference in the lives of others and teach them to practice random acts of kindness they will better understand the spirit of Santa and not be devastated when they learn he doesn't actually exist. Miracles do happen and everyone has the ability to bring a miracle into the lives of others.

Jemison

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Interesting point about truth being paramount to suicide in the business world Mozzy. I graduated college with a BS in Marketing and found out its the last thing in the world I want to do. My current GF works in the corporate world and all i hear is horror stories. Everybody is fake to one another and she feels like she looses a tiny piece of her soul each day. I decided to start my own company so I wouldn't gt caught up in it all. So far so good.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

In no way did i mean to make you feel like a bad parent. In fact you sound like the exact opposite. Your family obviously gets the true meaning of Christmas which is kindness and love.

Its just sad to see what its turned into for most family's. The people getting trampled in wallmart and dying all so Johnny can have the hottest gift item this year. Im glad you and your husband get it, and instill kindness and empathy in your children.

I guess reaity was a little more harsh for me when i found out.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Christmas is a big scam, which probably wouldn't exist in it's current form if the merchants weren't shoving it down our throats the day after Halloween.

Santa, what a scam that was, started me on my road toward Atheism, still on that road, my current status is 'agnostic'.
So we tell kids that Santa exists and the easter bunny etc. then they find out it's all a big scam.
Is this an important lesson, the very first one in a persons life, to not believe ANYTHING anyone tells you.
Question everything, even the bible.
(btw, Santa is Idol worship)

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Found a great article on the subject...apparently this issue ha been dealt wih before with the catholic church.

article link

Such a condemnation of Santa Claus is not a twentieth century phenomenon, but originated among some Protestant groups of the 16th century and was prevalent among the Puritans of 17th century England and America who banned the holiday as either pagan or Roman Catholic. Following the English Civil War, under Oliver Cromwell's government Christmas was banned. Following the Restoration of the monarchy and with Puritans out of power in England,[3] the ban on Christmas was satirized in works such as Josiah King's The Examination and Tryal of Old Father Christmas; Together with his Clearing by the Jury (1686) [Nissenbaum, chap. 1].

Some Christians would prefer that the focus of the Christmas season be placed on the actual birth of Jesus.[4] Some parents are uncomfortable about lying to their children about the existence of Santa. Some parents worry that their children might think that if they were deceived by their parents about Santa Claus, parents might also be deceiving them about the existence of God. Some in this group who still wish to participate in the festive gift-giving atmosphere of "Santa season" will shop for toys to donate to underprivileged children on St. Nicholas's feast day, December 6. This is an opportunity to instill the Christian value of secret charity, which Nicholas was known for. Although feast days are usually not acknowledged in Protestant denominations, this tradition has found acceptance there as well.

Interesting part about how deceiving children about santa may lead to children thinking they are being deceived aout God as well.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
No one finds it a little strange that we mis lead our kids? How do the even believe anything we tell them after that? I can see the conversation.

"Yeah Johnny sorry about lying to you about the whole santa thing, bu we were serious about the whole magical Jesus thing, we swear!"

new topics

top topics

join