It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Mayhem & Death At Wal-Mart

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg

Now the question is, does Wal-Mart have such employees? To me, this would only be a reasonable assumption, as they have interests to protect, not the least of which is the merchandise in the store. Protecting the other employees and customers is paramount to any security detail, however, and it should be their main focus at all times.

The answer to that question is... it depends. Different stores have different policies, depending on their needs. The Wal-Mart that I work in has no security personnel at all. There's a specific assistant manager whose job is "loss prevention," which entails tracking theft (in addition to other main causes of "loss") and cooperating with law enforcement. That person does not have any physical security duties, however. Nobody in my store does. Makes me feel all safe and sound when the nut jobs come around.

However, since I've seen the list of the different "loss prevention" jobs, I do know that there are actual security jobs that exist - both plainclothes and uniformed - within the company.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

Exactly what specific training do you need to run someone down and detain them?

Obviously, for starters, people could be trained in restraining somebody without killing them. In addition...

Self defense techniques, in case the suspect fights back.
First aid, in case the suspect wins the fight.
Rules of escalation, so they know what they are and aren't allowed to do.
The Force, because what job wouldn't be easier for a Jedi?

Sure, you can always "brute force it" like you described, but that's why people die from being sat on. I bet you'd be in a serious crap storm if the restraint methods you just described got a patient killed, now wouldn't you?

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join