It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starchild Skull DNA Testing Proves Not From This Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Oodain

we arent talking about animals closely related though. We are talking about ALIENS who will have a whole different genrtic system all together

to say that since there are animals who are closely related that can interbeeed on a limited basis does not fill the huge gap that would be necessary for inter planetary breeding. So yes speciation does invalidate this.

and as far as the skull, they found mitochondiral DNA. its from EARTH.

being unable to extract the fathers DNA does NOT MEAN it is alien

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC
reply to post by Oodain

we arent talking about animals closely related though. We are talking about ALIENS who will have a whole different genrtic system all together

as you can see i actually wrote that it was very unlikely, but possible.
as for their genetic system it could be anything, including DNA.

reply to post by Oodain

to say that since there are animals who are closely related that can interbeeed on a limited basis does not fill the huge gap that would be necessary for inter planetary breeding. So yes speciation does invalidate this.

i agree that in all other aspects than the ancient astronaut theory any natural breeding would be as good as impossible.

reply to post by Oodain

and as far as the skull, they found mitochondiral DNA. its from EARTH.

being unable to extract the fathers DNA does NOT MEAN it is alien

on this i agree with every fiber of my body, until such a time as anything is proven i will look at this skull as a freak accident of a very unlucky person or an unknown ailment, half of it is human after all.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Oodain

half? the skull is most probaba;ly fully human. When things die the DNA begins to decay, and the fathers DNA may have decayed to the point where a sample was un obtainable.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DroolsAlot

I've seen pictures of deformed babies that had no eyes at all; even the eyesockets were vestigial. I was reminded of this "starchild" when I was shown them.

Although, those unfortunate infants may have been failed hybrids themselves...

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

unlikely. When ever something reprouces it does so with genetic variation. This in vitabl leads to some adverse mutations once in awhile.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
yes it most probably is, but the possibility is there for the other options.
and if there is an intelligent species out there capable of traversing the massive void between the stars, they probably would know just a bit about genetic engineering. i am not saying i find it likely i am just saying until we have definitive proof about the skull we should keep all options open.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   

reply to post by reject

unlikely. When ever something reprouces it does so with genetic variation. This in vitabl leads to some adverse mutations once in awhile.

Even if you have mutation, that doesnt nesecerily make your DNA unhuman. The DNA qualities would still be there.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by DroolsAlot]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I would think it would have to be genetically engineered if it were some type of cross which isn't that far fetched.

The only reason people find genetic engineering a near impossibility of a living breathing being is because it is illegal to do so.

Without being able to pursue that avenue we can't be certain at how easy or hard it would be.

Personally I believe the skull is that of a deformed human but I can not state that it is not possible to genetically engineer two species into one. The problem here being is there just isn't enough knowledge on how one might manipulate the DNA to be able to develop these cross breeds.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

umm. I didnt say mutations made your DNA inhuman.

Im saying the premise of this thread is bunk because they did find human DNA , just not from the father which some where along the line someone made the assumption it was alien.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Mozzy

Its the same reason you could NOT have a hamster fertilize a giraffe and get a Ham-raffe.

I better contact that eBay seller then and try and get my money back.

you know what next time their is a big murder case and cops arent able to extract DNA from the sample I guess that means they should put up Alien wanted posters...

No.. GET REAL

[edit on 6-12-2008 by NavalFC]

I agree and it's a good analogy. It's worrying how some have jumped to this weird conclusion.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Merriman Weir]

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   

umm. I didnt say mutations made your DNA inhuman.

Im saying the premise of this thread is bunk because they did find human DNA , just not from the father which some where along the line someone made the assumption it was alien.

well can anyone then be sure that the fathers genetic material is human??
im not saying that it aint, just that the oppertunity is there.

for us with our knowledge to even start guessing at these things is pretty brave, no matter how you put it we cannot foresee a fraction of the different opportunities.
what i am trying to say here is, no matter how we reason this through we can not come to any final conclusions with the knowledge and facts presented to us.
now i am not saying nothing good comes oof this thread, because we may not even be in the vicinity of the truth or maybe we are right on track, but the discussion helps everyone gather knowledge and ideas and in my mind that is a part of evolution.
remember all answers no matter how wrong always yields positive results.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Oodain

Umm yes we can come to a conclusion. Its human.

My god.. people are treating not being able to extract DNA as if its a rare event and it isnt. DNA decays and after enough decay you wont be able to extract it. Do you know how many Neanderthal fossils scientists had to go through before they were ever able to get DNA? a crap load.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   

reply to post by Oodain

Umm yes we can come to a conclusion. Its human.

My god.. people are treating not being able to extract DNA as if its a rare event and it isnt. DNA decays and after enough decay you wont be able to extract it. Do you know how many Neanderthal fossils scientists had to go through before they were ever able to get DNA? a crap load.

well if they really had to go trough so many how can you come to a final conclusion??
i agree that the chance of this being extra terrestrial is astronomically small.
i am not trying to convince anyone otherwise.
i just dont see how anyone can reach a final conclusion without evidence, in my eyes it is just as wrong as the people that assume it to be extra terrestrial.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Oodain

the came to the final conclusion after they did find a neanderthal that yeileded DNA.

This skull also yielded DNA, but not of an alien.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Mozzy

This is complete bogusness!!!!
Are epople really this gullible? They were able to obtain mitochondrial DNA! Its from EARTH! being unable to extract to the fathers DNA says nothing! their are lots of reasons you might not always be able to get DNA such as if the sample has decayed to much and so forth, because keep in mind folks fossils ARE NOT the actual bones themselves, but like a casting that results from fossilization, and DNA material is not alayws preserved.

And another thing, this hybridization bullcrap, folks, an alien can NOT just come down to Earth and have sex with a human and give birth to a hybrid baby. It doesnt work this way! A little something called Speciation prevents this! Its the same reason you could NOT have a hamster fertilize a giraffe and get a Ham-raffe.
That and the fact that any alien life form is bound to have a wole different nucleo peptide chaining method all together!!!!!
What utter nonsense..I mean come on really? you people buy this?

"we obtained mitocondrial DNA, but because we couldnt get the fathers, it MUST be an alien!!!" give me a break!!!!!!!! all sorts of natural phenomena decay samples to the point of not being able to extract DNA! It doesnt mean its alien!

you know what next time their is a big murder case and cops arent able to extract DNA from the sample I guess that means they should put up Alien wanted posters...

No.. GET REAL

[edit on 6-12-2008 by NavalFC]

LISTEN UP - ATS !! YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD !!

Now get back to yahoo and myspace, leave this debunked web area at once.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Ya know.. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in saying this, but I started off reading your posts and thinking "Hey this guy has his head screwed on pretty good. " Your posts made sense.

But now I find I rather take the opposing side, and I'm not even reading your entire posts. Because you're saying the same crap each time. You are NOT being helpful, you're just spouting the same garbage to everyone.

Are you cbas's twin? Are you here to discuss, or just to set your own legal agenda on us all? I don't give a flying poop if you disagree with something, but I do take HOW YOU SAY IT as offensive.

You dare to think that you can overrule others on their opinions? Think again.

And stop being a smug arrogant tit.

Sheesh....

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
what i am trying to say is, that while what you are saying is several thousand times more likely it is not enough to justify a conclusion without evidence, as is the case in any scientific study, yes there are a lot of flawed natural laws that we had to do some pretty weird stuff with to make any sense, but at least in those cases pretty much any scientist with the proper equipment should be able to duplicate the results and circumstances of the original tests and thus for yourself see that it fits.
until i see definitive proof of either side of the story i cannot come to any conclusion, it would simply be against everything the scientific community should be(capitalism does nasty stuff to science).
if everyone simply took the most probable answer even when presented with minimal facts, we would probably still think the sun was orbiting earth.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodcircle

Well I dont care. If I see nonsense I am going to state it.

"same garbage"

Really? your not being very observant. Your saying I said the exact same thing in this thread against the Alien skull idea, that I did against the mars photos cover up idea? I dont think so.

The only phrases in my threads that may be common are "This is Nonsense"
"This is bullogni" etc.

apart from those phrases you will find each of my posts wherein I ague something is specific to that argument, and NOT the same.

I dont say "the same crap" each time. Ive debunked several different topics since I have been on here.

Im sorry, but if you are going to go around telling people that not being able to extract a fathers DNA is enough to justify calling something alien, then thats the response.

Furthermore if the UFO field ever hopes to become legitmate it must learn to be subject to such scrutiny and what you call, "smug".

When ever a new scientific hypothesis is prpopsed and experiments are done, before it hits the journals it goes through peer review, it is subject to intense scrutiny, what you would call arrogance and smug. Then if the idea can survive peer review intact, it hits the journals and gains serius academic attention.

This is precisely what the UFO field needs! People say they are searching for truth but that is the only way to achive it. As far as over riding peoples opinions? I ahve never. I say they are free to hold them no matter how wrong they be, be it the people who believe in Niburu, annunaki, 2012 or a whole slew of other non sensical beliefs.

I havent "over ridden" anyone, as no matter what I can show there are people who will choose to embrace those ridiculous notions. I can only hope that by presenting valid , scientific ideas with accompanying evidence, that it will stop some from falling into said trap.
Hard core UFO proponents are going to continue to believe no matter what explanation is offered for various things, its all just part of the cover up.

But to say I overrode anyone is just fallacious. I have never stopped ANYONE from expresing their opinion here, nor have I tried to stop people from doing so. But If you make a post called 2+2=6 Im going to deny it and present the reality, no matter how arrogant you may think it to be.

Do I go hard in debating against things? yes, sure. does that make me arrogant? No. I find it odd, and indeed HYPOCRITICAL of your attitude.

I have seen numerous times threads that rail against skeptics in general referring to them as close minded fools who refuse to see the evidence
and all sorts of arguments attacking anyone who would dare question the UFO phenomenon. However no one seems to mind. But you encounter a skeptic who is very balls-to-the-wall in his approach and all of a sudden you need to make a post to complain. Oh the irony.

The UFO question is a large one, the answer to which could potentiatlly could have a large effect on the world which is why it must be approached with reason.

Atleast 2 or 3 times now people have hinted or suggested at me being a dis-info agent.

ALl I have done, if every ridiculous idea that comes up I present the more reasonable idea. If you dont like it, tough. Im going to continue to do it.
If you think Im going to sit by and not post anything in response to some of the ridiculous ideas presented here your wrong.

If I can educate evenjust one person to the point where they see the foolishness in believing that NASA is covering up martian life, or claiming a skull was alien because the fathers DNA coulnt be extracted etc
then Ive done what I set out to do, and thats to get people to think critically and analyze something.

If the UFO field continues at is now, it will never and I say NEVER gain any credibility., because it lacks that sense of occams razor, it is unfreindly to natrual explanations.

Indeed the one technique I have seen here more then any other when I show the scientific explaations for things is instead of attacking the argument, they attack me. ATS motto is deny ignorance. Well I am doing so, and I will continue to figt ignorance. people will never learn unlessthey are presented with correct information.

But this field isnt that way right now, its not at all. Its full of people who hold views on UFOs so religiously that they will readily accept any explanation as long as it meets their pre concieved notions of what the UFO field is and what explains it.
When ignorance starts here, it will and does spread acorss the UFO arena. All it takes is one person to come up with a ridiculous idea and a few believe it more it contaminates the entire field. To this end it it anyone who is legitamtely concerned about this duty, to try and stop the spread, by informing people of whats really out there, and not to dub everything THEY dont understand as sme sort of alien or super natural event.

As far as for my alleged smuggness, what do you expect me to do when I see threads like this? Not say anything In return? I presented the information, and debated, but if you read the thread the debate came to a point where they would attack me instead of the arguments made.

I will stand aganst logical fallacies as much as I can, and in this thread it is the fallacy that somehow not being able to extract a fathers DNA is sufficient to call something alien.
Its laughable and I am going to stand against it. I havent kept anyone else from expressing ANY of their views, how ever I have posted replies to such. I that arrogant? No.

I didnt start my threads out "you stupid little moron X is not true because of X or X"
No. I said this was non sense. I attacked the argument itself, I did not attack the poster.

You can expect me to attack ridiculous arguments with the full force of knowledge. So get used to it. If thats arrogant then so be it.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by NavalFC]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Oodain

Human DNA was found, That in itself is conclusive.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodcircle

ran out of characters. but the last few point. Usingwords like over ride and impose , dont make any sense when relating to me in this context for a few reasons

1. have I kept anyone from posting? No. I have no power to, and even If I did I would not do so, as censorship is a crock

2. Did I force anyone to change an opinion or "Over ride" it as you said? No. the "true believers" will kep on believing no matter what. My posts really aim for the middle ground more so the believers, as they are more likely to read a thread objectively and not be swept up by the sensationalism ie: ALIEN SKULL FOUND!

3. Did I attack the Op? No. I did have a few of my earliest posts removed for excess swearing, but I am ex-Navy so go figure.

I may call an argument Non sense, and bull and such. But I have never and will never start out a post with something like "you idiot! you moron! your stupid" for these reasons I find your assessment to be fallacious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join