It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Announcing The ATS Book of Threads

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
As revealed in this thread, we've been working on revitalizing a rather old concept, updating it, and finally brining it to live.

We're now working on releasing monthly editions of, "The AboveTopSecret.com Book Of Threads," all the most important threads for each month of our existence, starting way back in 2003.

Each edition contains the opening posts of the highest-flagged 75 threads of that month (or the most-replied threads from periods before the flagging system started) in a very readable magazine-style format.

For our newer members, these will provide an excellent way to get caught up on some of the threads of the past. And for older members, you'll find lots of nostalgic topics, and quite a few surprises (even I became distracted while assembling these
).

Here are the first 13 from the 2007 and 2008 to kick off these new digital publications from ATS. Every few days we'll add new additions until we get caught up, then you can look forward to monthly updates. (You'll need an Adobe Acrobat reader to open the files)

We're also working on other digital publications... so stay tuned.

January 2007 - january-2007-threads.pdf 1.4mb

February 2007 - february-2007-threads.pdf 1.4mb

March 2007 - march-2007-threads.pdf 1.2mb

April 2007 - april-2007-threads.pdf 1.4mb

May 2007 - may-2007-threads.pdf 1.5mb

June 2007 - june-2007-threads.pdf 1.3mb

July 2007 - july-2007-threads.pdf 1.3mb

August 2007 - august-2007-threads.pdf 1.4mb

September 2007 - september-2007-threads.pdf 1.5mb

October 2007 - october-2007-threads.pdf 1.5mb

November 2007 - november-2007-threads.pdf 1.5mb

December 2007 - december-2007-threads.pdf 1.6mb

and starting 2008...

January 2008 - january-2008-threads.pdf 1.5mb

[edit on 7-12-2008 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Cool. This will be great for comming back to old information and not havingto trudge through search results. Up untill now I've been bookmarking and organising all the threads I want to come back to- which is a lot.

Good idea guys.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Very Cool, I am a newbie, so I will have fun going through postings and read what I have been missing all these years.

Thanks

BTW: ATS - a really cool place!

[edit on 6-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Excellent stuff, many thanks to all who helped put this together.

Yes, a great way for new members to get to grips with the most popular subjects and a good reminder for existing members. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these threads get revived and bring fresh interest...we'll see.

Personally, it's going to be particularly useful for working on future "TinWiki" articles and provide a host of new information from old discussions and topics.

Thanks again to SkepticOverlord and all staff involved, another string to the ATS Bow.

ps...a great way to provide offline copies of all these wonderful and revealing threads to friends and family. Print & Read at leisure.

[edit on 6/12/2008 by nerbot]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Great stuff!

Skyfloating and I had recently discussed such a proposition with his Untersberg thread! I can forsee this being very popular. Thanks to the 3 Amigos and whoever else was responsible for bringing us yet another fantastic feature.

This is why ATS is Numero Uno!

IRM

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I like how each month, they list the first most important (flagged) thread of the month. It's a real eye-catcher and makes you want to read it. I picked Decembers top 75 threads and saw the 'theory supporting the electrical sun' thread and remember reading about that a little a year ago. Maybe that theory will be taken more seriously in the future.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Very impressive!! And a pretty sexy layout too!

But I have a suggestion. There are so many topics that it is painful to go through the entire contents page to discover what you're looking for.

Is it therefore possible to group the contents according to the forums? For example, all threads pertaining to Aliens and UFOs could be grouped together under this head so it'll be easier to locate? Threads here could be grouped according to the most flagged or the most replied.

Thanks!

Cheers!

[edit on 7-12-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Mike ....just click on the topic in the TOC ..it should take you right to it.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Zeptepi]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I found this picture and read the text contained within it. Read it, and be amazed at the relevance

edit: This book of threads thing is awesome. Thanks boss.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Canadianduder]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Infaredman:

Thanks to the 3 Amigos and whoever else was responsible for bringing us yet another fantastic feature.

Yes it is a fantastic feature, As far as I can tell the only one implementing this was the Skeptic Overlord .

No one else had any input or insightful suggestions, so the entire project credit should be rightfully claimed by Bill Irvine
A.K.A. His eminence "Skeptic Overlord".....

Peace

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The amount of stuff here becomes overwhelming at times and this is a good way to get an overview of worthwhile topics. Thanks so much.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Excellent addition to the ATS repertoire.

Might I suggest condensing it to the top 20 threads + top 5 starred posts from each thread? Might give a better sense of the debating atmosphere of each thread.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
the product has the feel of a Law library... tomes of reference materials citing precidents...

what about those of us who are more comfortable with a Readers Digest type of reading.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Thank you for the great effort ATS!!

I know I will loveeeee to read through these all through the holidays

The nice magazine-like lay out is a very nice touch too!
I hope this thread will stay open for more inputs because I'll surely have some after reading..In any case, salute & cheers for the GREAT effort once again!

[edit on 7/12/08 by KembaraLangit]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Wow! We just keep getting better and better!!!

Awesome news!!!

Thank you all!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Three more have been added....

April 2007 - april-2007-threads.pdf 1.4mb

May 2007 - may-2007-threads.pdf 1.5mb

June 2007 - june-2007-threads.pdf 1.3mb

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
***Excellent Job***

Love the layouts, looking good. Now are you going to be asking me to archive these for quick reference? Quarterly perhaps or even yearly?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think this is a wonderful idea. One thing though that popped up in one of the first in which I clicked the link is the topic depended on a graphic and the graphic was gone, both in the thread and at the linked source. That made the text meaningless as the photo was the topic. The OP had deleted the photo from where it was stored.

Perhaps a way to archive the photos in those types of threads?

Has an ATS gallery where perhaps we could purchase space for a small fee been considered at all?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Absolutely Brilliant Work Sceptic and ATS staff Thank You!

This will save many members and visitors to ATS much time and enable them to go to the topic of their choice, for the best discussion on the Net of it.

Also it will I am sure be very very interesting from a research and sociological and Psychological point of view.

To enable also I am sure yourselves a very good starting point to research the evolution of ATS and its popular topics for business purposes too.

Too many good aspects to go into here without my usual long winded rambles.,

Just thank you.

Elf.

Now I wonder how the full moon affects Topics, and UFO sighting clusters lol... mmm

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Just fantastic! A exelent improvement for ATS with out no doubt at all!
Congratulations to who have this ideia in the first place, and to the staff for implement it!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join