It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Push To Eliminate Nukes Worldwide

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Huh? I wasn't aware Canada ever had nuclear weapons to begin with, let alone any to disarm! I know you guys have nuclear power and the know how, but so does germany and Japan, yet they have never built a bomb either.

The only country that I was aware had ever voluntarily and unilaterally gave up nukes was South Africa.

Really? We used to be one heck of a nuclear powerhouse... I'll get you some reading material.
en.wikipedia.org...

We did much of the research for your Manhattan Project up here in Canada, and supplied your materials to build the original two bombs.

In fact, the Manhattan Project papers were written up and signed in Quebec, Canada.

After that we maintained a rather large quantity of nuclear weapons.
Unfortunately, the quantity of nuclear arms we possessed isn't on the Wikipedia page, but I've been to where they used to be stored, the launch systems weren't fixed in place, so don't expect to see silos... ask the locals at north bay, and they should be able to point you toward the old sites.
But once we decided to give up nuclear weapons, with the help of CANDU, we used the nuclear materials in our weapons in the CANDU reactors.
The innovation being that the CANDU reactor can run on most grades of nuclear materials... from the unrefined, to the weapons grade.

Much of the material that is used to build your current nuclear stockpile is sold to you by Canada.

Basically, we are the supplier, but we refuse to own any ourselves.

Kind of like a drug dealer who won't use his own product I suppose, lol.

To date, Canada holds absolutely no weapons of mass destruction, and we've created much of the non-proliferation treaties that are in circulation to date.

Should we ever need to build another nuclear weapons stockpile, it can be achieved rather quickly, considering we're your dealer. lol.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The only chance for us that this happens is a world leading culture, language and government. We only have two choices, evolving into a type I civilization (which include previously said apsects - and no, there's no spooky nwo here) or extinct. It's the onyl logical future of the evolution of civilization (a halt can be excluded).

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
The one nation I can't see ever giving this any real attempt would be the U.S.

All the other nations can either be persuaded, or bribed in some fashion... but the US has it in it's head that it's the worlds police... and for some reason, needs enough nukes to wipe the world clean many times over.

Nukes have only one feasible use.
Genocide.

Clearly some nations consider genocide to be a viable option.

Unfortunately for these guys, Canada already beat them to it.
Still the only nation to successfully complete a total nuclear disarmament.
Woot!

[edit on 7-12-2008 by johnsky]

You say this as Russia is publicly upgrading their stock pile. That is incredible short sited.

<< 1   >>

join