It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nepal's 'Buddha Boy' Returns To Jungle To Meditate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Not sure where to put this so please move as needed-

uupdated 3:20 p.m. ET, Wed., Nov. 23, 2005
KATMANDU, Nepal - A teenage boy has been meditating in a Nepalese jungle for six months, and thousands have flocked to see him, with some believing he is the reincarnation of Buddha, police and media said Wednesday.

Ram Bahadur Banjan, 15, sits cross-legged and motionless with eyes closed among the roots of a tree in the jungle of Bara, about 100 miles south of the capital, Katmandu.

He’s supposedly been that way since May 17 — but his followers have been keeping him from public view at night.

pdated 3:20 p.m. ET, Wed., Nov. 23, 2005

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Remember him, i don't but a friend of mine who is huge into the meditation scene mentioned it to me. Well it seems he is back at it again

KATMANDU, Nepal — A Nepalese teenager revered by many as a reincarnation of Buddha has returned to the jungle to meditate after emerging for less than two weeks, officials said Saturday.

Ram Bahadur Bamjan, 18, reappeared on Nov. 10 after several months of meditation to bless thousands of his followers, speaking to them on at least two occasions.

He made his last appearance on Friday and then returned to the jungle to meditate, said Biswo Prakash Newpane, a government administrator in the area. It was not clear when he would return again.

www.huffingtonpost.com... _n_145724.html

His followers lined up near the jungle of Ratanpur, about 100 miles south of Katmandu, to be blessed by Bamjan. He tapped the believers on their forehead but did not speak to them individually.

The followers believe he has been meditating without food and water since he was first spotted in the jungles of southern Nepal in 2005. Believers say he spent months without moving, sitting with his eyes closed beneath a tree.

Buddhism, which has about 325 million followers, teaches that every soul is reincarnated after death in another bodily form.

But several Buddhist scholars have been skeptical of the claims that Bamjan is a reincarnation of Siddhartha Gautama, who was born in southwestern Nepal roughly 2,500 years ago and became revered as the Buddha, or Enlightened One.

Rakesh, a Buddhist scholar, told the Associated Press last week that being Buddha means the last birth and the highest level that can be achieved and there can be no reincarnation of Buddha, even though Buddhists believe in life after death.

cbs3.com...

Some say he hasn't ate or drank for 3 years! Between this guy and the other crystal kids out there, they make you think...What's happening?

[edit on 6-12-2008 by UnitedSatesofFreemasons]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Vice-Chancellor of RONAST Dr. Dayananda Bajracharya described the incident as abnormal. He informed that they received letter from Ministry of Science recently adding they will decide later whether to send investigation team or not.

Bomjan has asked the people not to call him a Buddha, as he doesn’t have the Buddha's energy saying he is at the level of rinpoche.

“I need six years of deep meditation,” reports quoted Bomjan as saying

www.nepalnews.com...

is says 6 years from may 13th 2005...may 13th 2011? right in time for ahh....2012 damnit

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
as far as i know buddha is a title of sorts. siddartha became a buddha but there were other buddas before him. there are also bhadhisattvas (sp) and other titles. i have no idea what a rinpoche is.

the longest i've ever gone without eating is about 3 days, and that's counting eating a grape every 4 or 5 hours and maybe a bean or two from the fridge to knock off the hunger. oh and a lot of coffee. it felt like my blood started to thin out and i decided i better start eating again, lol.

years w/o food? could that be possible w/o having supernatural powers and shouldn't that be enough to be a buddah. so confusing. i hope the kid is real.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

No, that would be impossible for any person to do. When he was meditating, I'm not sure if this was every day or not but he'd go behind a curtain and that's when he was most likely eating and all the other business. Otherwise, he's in full view of others and couldn't eat/drink.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by ghaleon12]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
well there'd have to be some sort of motive to do that. either money or sex. maybe he's on the pull!

who knows, but if he writes a book i'm out.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
We must keep in mind this is a kid. He dosn't collect money and he dosn't speak to anyone. There isn't a motivating factor here beside his true disire to meditate. And like i said before, he is on track for a historical figure in living color. The ages of mythics are upon us once again.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
i hope you're right. someone needs to go and check if the kid's packin an ipod. you never knwo it could be an internet scam from the get go.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Maybe he has some form of autism, might explain his strange behavior. Only kidding, but if he really wants to become a "historical figure" he better start with a see-through curtain. I'm sure many of his followers would be rather dismayed seeing him down a mango.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Can you site where you found that he is going behind a curtain? I havn't heard that at all. In Fact they say that his skin would be pale and unhealthy looking in the morning, but as the sun got stronger so did he, he began to perk up and look healthy again, so that's some interesting thing..

new topics

join