posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:16 PM
I THE PLAGUE
1. What would happen during a major biological plague
- Alot of people would die, martial law, looting.. anarchy.
2. What kind of virus/parasite/infection would be powerful enough to have a 90%+ kill rate
- Something that the US govt is probably working on now.
3. What would it's symptoms be?
- Probably death within a week, enough time for the carriers to spread it on to other people.
4. How would the authorities react to the crisis?
- Martial law, alot of senseless killing of the infected/ non-infected.
5. What kind of quaratine (if any) would the authorities enact?
- Close down airports, public transport, public places to avoid further spreading - Encouraging people to stay at home.
6.How long would it take for a virus, like the one described above, to completely overtake the world?
- Hard one to put a guess on, as quickly as possible to kill as many without giving any time for a vaccine, but long enough to allow it to spread.
7. Who and How would people be immune to the plague?
- Don't know.
8. What would happen with all of the dead bodies?
- Big holes in the ground filled with peoples bodies and set on fire, incineration.
9. Where would people go for shelter?
- The usual places they'd go to in a disaster, but people would be encouraged to stay at home.
10. Where would an outbreak be most likely to start out?
- If man made and positioned correctly, a place that has alot of people.. and alot of tourists.. USA, United Arab Emirates, Europe?
11. Where would the President go as the outbreak started?
- Probably some bunker deep underground with plenty of supplies.
12. How long would TV news stations, Internet news, radio news, and newspapers exist as the plague ran it's course?
- As long as electricity/ petroleum was available, and batteries.
But if no one was left to run them, not long.
13. What would be the general feeling as everybody died off, leaving next
- Alot of anger, fear.
14. How would the authorities try to control panic and looting? How long could they?
- Until the people administering martial law die off, or when their families die off and their as helpless as the rest..
15. Why would a survivor stay in the city rather than try to leave?
- More supplies in a city, if a vaccine was available it would be in large cities before rural areas.
16. How many people would die at their churches?
- This could encourage people to become religious, and others to abandon their religion. Impossible to say.
17. What kind of religous upheavals would occur?
18. When would schools and public buildings shut down?
- Once it was no longer possible to run them, when it was a large threat.
If you shut down the schools people panic.
19. How long after initial outbreak would government last?
- I woudn't give it too long, depends on the kill rate/ time.
20. What would be more deadly, a contact virus that goes airborn, or a simple airborn virus?
- Airborn IMO, guy next to you coughs.. you got the disease now.
21. How long would it take for internet, cable, and cell phones to go down?
- If there was no one to supply power to the servers then not long.
22. Would NASA have time to bring down the astronauts from the International Space Station?
- I think they'd almost be forgotten, I'd rather be up there.
23. Would the virus be most likely man-made?
- I'm not sure, but I guess nothing that bad could just "spring up" and turn that nasty.
24. Would there be militia attacks on Washington during the beginning of the outbreak?
- I know that most american's without answers would probably turn and blame their government
25. What would terrorists do as everybody got sick and died off?
- Have a vacation.
II THE AFTERMATH
1. At the end of the plague, if most everybody is dead, and all infrastructure is gone, would it still be possible to access the internet, assuming a
survivor still could create power through a portable generator?
- Not without the servers, and even if so their domain name would almost be impossible to find, unless something obvious like "www.abc.com" - but
how many attempts would that take to guess first up?
2. What kind of wildlife would flourish in an abandoned city?
- Rats, some breeds of domestic animals (mainly dogs and cats), insects and especially birds.
3. What sensations would someone feel driving through an empty city, three, four, five years after the end of the plague?
- Watch "I am legend", complete loneliness.. all he has is his dog and is quite mentally ill, it's a movie but the feelings seem accurate.
4. How would someone cope with the loneliness of being in the empty city?
- A pet? Or a store full of manikins.
5. Would all cell phones be dead, or could someone get a signal?
- If someone could supply power to the place that monitors calls to emergency satelites (by dialing 112 in Australia).. well.. that's it?
III THE MUTANTS
1. If there were mutants, what would cause them?
- Infection during child birth?
2. Assuming that they are not technically mutants, but infected survivors, how would they think, look and act?
- Tricky one to answer.
3. How long would they harbor the virus before dying?
- Long enough to spread the virus, a week is a good time.
4. Is it likely that they would be vampirical?
- I don't really think so...
5. How do you create a zombie that isn't like I am Legend, or Night of the Living Dead?
- Tough question
6. If they are allergic somehow to sunlight, where would they hide during the day?
- Well, you've seen I am legend.. hide in big buildings, sewers.. general dark places.
7. Why would they be nocturnal?
- They might find hunting easier at night, and sleep all day.
Throw in some evolution and they will have pale skin with weak pigmentation.
8. What kind of plague would do this?
- One from hollywood.
9. Would they have brain function to use modern weapons, tactics, etc?
- Depends, doubtful.. anything like that would surely induce brain damage.
10. What would they look like, smell like, etc?
- Ahhh dunno..
Just my thoughts on such a situation, hope it's entertaining/ helpful.
- I've watched too many movies, and I lack sleep.. So sorry if not everything makes perfect sense.
[edit on 6/12/08 by WishForWings]
[edit on 6/12/08 by WishForWings]