It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Birth Certificate Study - Mine

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hey OP, sorry to get back to u kinda late. Me and my sons copy of our birth certificate says certification of live birth. While looking at the copies of the birth certificate I notice sort of a bubble stamp, where if you run ur fingers across the paper you can feel the "bubbles" raised above the paper. I'm guess this is pretty much the only way to confirm a copy of a birth certificate. And also as a side note, my copy of my marriage certificate says certification of marriage.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

If he had been born in Kenya, he COULD still have a Hawaiian birth certificate, but it would list the Place of Birth as Kenya.

That is putting a lot of faith into Obama's mother. How do you know the information she put into the birth certificate was correct? To my knowledge, back then, because Hawaii still had natives having live births at home, the mother could go to the hospital and put pretty much whatever info she wanted to on the BC. You are blindly accepting that there is no possible way she could have commited fraud on any of the paperwork. Seems a bit closed minded.

She could have traveled to Kenya, had the baby, came back and registered pretty much anything she wanted to in Hawaii. I mean this is a conpsiracy website, yet your putting blind faith into things that you, or anyone for that matter, have no clue about.

That said, I don't think this issue will ever truly be resolved. Either the SCOTUS won't hear the case, which arms the conspiracy theorists with plenty of ammo, or he'll produce the original and people will say he has had the document "created" for him.

I'm too complacent to care anymore.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by KnoxMSP

Bleh. Apparently you aren't that apathetic yet, since you are still making long posts about how Obama's mother could have been a liar. Perhaps you could substantiate that with a reason why you believe he was born in Kenya and not the U.S.?

Don't you think, with the potential for the media frenzy and possible payday, that there would be droves of people coming forward to say he wasn't born there? So far, we have a tape that has not been produced of Obama's grandmother.

That's it. People put more faith in statements about a video they've never seen and can't prove exists than the state of Hawaii. It's crazy.

[edit on 12/12/2008 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

But you see, I do not agree with one side or the other. To me anything is possible, and I try to keep myself open minded to possibilities. That is what drew me to this site. I like to hear peoples ideas, and their proposed theories, but I am very skeptical.

I do not know where Obama was born, as I was not there. Someone from any state department telling me something is true, does not make it true in my mind. Also, an interview with someone's supposed relative saying something to be true does not make it true in my eyes.

Without firsthand witness accounts, or full disclosure of EVERYTHING I cannot be certain what the truth is. That is why I like this thread. But like I said, to just blindly accept that there is no possibility of fraud commited is just ignorant.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnoxMSP
You are blindly accepting that there is no possible way she could have commited fraud on any of the paperwork.

I am not blindly accepting it.

Hawaii Vital Records

If there is no standard birth certificate on file, an applicant is required to submit documentary evidence of the birth facts necessary to support of the registration of the late certificate of birth. If approved, the late birth certificate will be registered in place of the Certificate of Hawaiian Birth, which must then be surrendered to the Department of Health. (...)

If the amendment request is subsequently withdrawn, all documents received in support of the amendment will be returned. If the requestor elects to proceed with the application for registration of a late certificate of birth, the documentary evidence submitted in support of registration will be reviewed and evaluated for adequacy.

I have actually stated that my own mother (as the Informant on MY BC) lied about something on my BC. So, I am aware that it's possible and I'm sure it happens. But it would be really hard, considering they don't just take a person's word, but require a document as evidence.

More on this from danx

You're right. Obama could have been born in Kenya OR at home and then gone to the hospital and had a Certificate made. It's true. But the Certificate would not reflect a Kenyan birth, because the short form he posted on the web contains the same information as that on the long form at the hospital, saying he was born in Hawaii. So, a gander at the long form wouldn't prove anything.

I don't know where Obama was born, either. I think he was born in Hawaii, but it's because I've looked at all the evidence I can find for about 6 months now and have come to that conclusion, based on some pretty solid and wide-ranging research. You may think yourself the only open-minded one around, but you are incorrect.
And it's a bit closed-minded of you to think so, IMO.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I don't know where Obama was born, either. I think he was born in Hawaii, but it's because I've looked at all the evidence I can find for about 6 months now and have come to that conclusion, based on some pretty solid and wide-ranging research. You may think yourself the only open-minded one around, but you are incorrect.
And it's a bit closed-minded of you to think so, IMO.

lol

I actually agree with you.

There is no hard evidence to support him being born in Kenya. Like I said though, since I wasn't there, and do not know much about his mother, I can't say for certain that there is not the possibility of him being born elsewhere. Also, I do not know for a fact that his BC is completely true either, with the laws in place during that time in Hawaii being so "loosely interpreted." I can see it being a possibility to give birth in another country, then a few days later registering it somewhere else.

Also, I never said I was the only open minded one here. Just didn't want homeboy lumping me in with either side, when I don't see it being that simple.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join