It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Act urgently, else US will act: Rice to Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Act urgently, else US will act: Rice to Pakistan

www.indianexpress.com

Islamabad: Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has told Pakistan that there is “irrefutable evidence” of involvement of elements in this country in the Mumbai Terror attacks and it had no option but to act urgently “otherwise, the US will act”, according to a report in Dawn newspaper.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Warships arrive in persian gulf
US launches huge show of force in Persian Gulf
US preparing for troop buildup in Afghanistan

link   
I'm not too sure if this is Indian Propaganda or not but it may explain the increase of forces in Afghanistan, I believe an attack on Pakistan would be seen by Muslims as a full on attack of Islam and would spark violence and retributions world wide against the US and allied states as well as putting the troops in Afghanistan under considerable strain especially if also attacked from the Iranian border.

I just would like to know some of your thoughts on it, is plausible for the US to attack Pakistan? Is the military build up in the middle east a precursor to another all out attack? Would the ill educated masses view Obama as “another one of them” and an enemy sympathiser if the attack went ahead before inauguration?

www.indianexpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

link   
So the USA is now threatening a nuclear armed country? real clever.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Does no one else notice the similarities of what happened in India and now the following threats between Pakistan and India and her allies and what happened after the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand back in 1914? If that assasination led to WWI and subsequentially WWII, what if what is happening today spirals out of control like what happened in 1914 what the hell kind of world will be left by 2050?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
To be honest I just think the Pakistani government will attack a few camps and arrest a few terrorists to smooth things over with India and the US

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Pfeil

I think the attacks on India are definitely false flags and perpetrated by an outside force to initiate and escalate tensions between the countries as it has been said in the past it's easier to have your enemies destroy themselves than for you to do it.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Not the first time Pakistan has been warned and it doesnt matter if they are nuclear or not. Look what the US said to them after 9?11:

"The President, who will meet Mr Bush in the White House today, said the threat was made by Richard Armitage, then the Deputy Secretary of State, in the days after the terror attacks, and was issued to the Pakistani intelligence director.

“The intelligence director told me that [Armitage] said, ‘Be prepared to be bombed. Be prepared to go back to the Stone Age’,” President Musharraf said. “I think it was a very rude remark.”

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
And one thing is for sure a new war would kick start the economy and local manufacturing in the US. A very large war would be better I would think, also I wonder how the NWO feels about the issues concerning Muslims the world over do we as a livestock perform better with all the racial tensions in the world?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

“The intelligence director told me that [Armitage] said, ‘Be prepared to be bombed. Be prepared to go back to the Stone Age’,” President Musharraf said. “I think it was a very rude remark.”

Actually I think its pretty funny. Must have scared the guy to death
I mean, its not just any country, its a super power threatening a midget
I just think "stone age" would be too advanced

On topic... I dont think anything is going to happen. Still I agree that a large war would benefict the US long term. Short term is awful and the timing is the worse possible, but by the time they finished the economy would have started to kick again. But no... the world is "too calm", you may think otherwise, but I just see a lot of fireworks but nothing else. Relax.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
US confirms Pakistan role in Mumbai attacks

The United States has confirmed to India that Pakistan's military and intelligence chiefs have effectively admitted that the
terrorists involved in last weeks terror attacks in Mumbai were Pakistani nationals and members of terrorist outfit the Lashkar-e-Taiba, according to a Times Now report.

Chairman of US joint chiefs of staff admiral Michael Mullen made the revelations to national security advisor MK Narayanan and defence minister AK Antony.

Mullen told Indian government officials that he had told Pakistan that the US had evidence that the terrorists involved in the Mumbai attacks were Pakistani nationals and members of LeT.

Earlier, Mullen had asked Pakistan's top leadership to "investigate aggressively any and all possible ties to groups based in Pakistan", the US embassy said in a statement.

While taking note of the recent success of Pakistani security forces in operations against militants on the Afghan border, Mullen "also encouraged Pakistani leaders to take more and more concerted action against militant extremists elsewhere in the country", the statement said.

India has blamed Pakistan-based elements, including the outlawed Lashker-e-Taiba terror group, for carrying out the attacks and asked Pakistani authorities to act against them.

watch : broadband.indiatimes.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Puzzling enough for all of us outside of the loop. Both countries whom we have interest with. I think they are going to let this one go. You can prove ties but it's hard to prove ties to a government. The government and military at two different things in this case. The government should control the military but there are situations where that's not the case.

new topics

top topics

join