It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had to would you stand up against them? Or join them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If you really had to would you Honestly stand up against the government and fight for what is right even if it means fatal consequences for you and those around you or would you join them look at what is happening in Thailand risking their lives for what is right and i salute all those brave people their and i thank them all because it gave me faith that some people will stand up for themselves

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Anti - Government]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti - Government
If you really had to would you Honestly stand up against the government and fight for what is right even if it means fatal consequences for you and those around you or would you join them look at what is happening in Thailand risking their lives for what is right and i salute all those brave people their and i thank them all because it gave me faith that some people will stand up for themselves

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Anti - Government]

Well first I got to ask, what's going on in Thailand? I'm a little in the dark on that one.

What would I do? Join or Fight?

Well, I always believe I have more than one option, so I will give you several things I might do, it all depends on the situation or what I feel at the time should be done.

1. I will make them believe I will join them, but instead of joining them I will destroy them from the inside out.

2. I will go in to hiding, maybe help others survive in hiding as well.

3. I will build several EMP bombs for the resistance to use to disable the PTB.

Those are really the only options I can think of that I would go with, number 2 and 3 are the most likely though.

-Lahara

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Sure, if wre really had an oppressive government, if our government was really trying to beat the people down, etc.

But it is not doing those things.

Only nutcases that want to own their own fully operations missle systems, want to potshot with their rocket launchers, and want to have their very wn .50 Caliber M2 Machine gun to "protect" themselves believe that our government is all that bad.

I see no reason to fight the American government, in fact to a large degree I support it. So do the vast majority of people in the USA.

I served 9 years, 11 months and 12 days on active duty with the U.S. Army. I did two tours in Nam as a medic.

I have no real beef with our government at all.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OldMedic

That's because you've been brainwashed by the government and a devout member of the "America Religion".

Not trying to sound mean, but that's pretty obvious to me, people are starting to see that the gov is taking away our basic human rights and they're not liking it.

-Lahara

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Yes please polarize everything please.... us, them... do you understand who you would be hurting? ARRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Why would I join only to get shut down by many of the people in the Government that wouldn't want me to speak out about the truth? I would join only if many more people who thought critically of the Government's activities also joined. No matter what kind of administration that's in power-- Democrat or Republican, here in the USA, we always need to be critical of them and what they do. Even though I'm a registered Democrat and a liberal at heart I won't worship Obama. I'll praise him when he does right and attack him when he does wrong. I would only go against the Government when we have someone else like Bush in office, probably a neoconservative, that goes on to try to make the USA imperialist again.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Freedom or death. There are only two options.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I have two options and joining them is NOT one of them...

Fight them, this I am prepared and willing to do so let's get this party started...

Costa Rica - Option #2 for me is to leave, this is because I don't want to die alone on my porch fighting evil and bad government when no one joins me, all I am then is a soundbyte about a dead terrorist on CNN.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OldMedic

You may need to open your eyes a little bit more to what happening in our world seriously

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The united states is currently the only real terrorist.

I was and still am to this current moment, a worker bee, but due to the resistance I am getting from the government to coverup what I had the misfortune of witnessing I have to answer this question daily.

I saw the destruction of egypt air 990, and I now know the patriot act (AKA terrorist act)was written before the retaliation we all refer to as 9/11. There were 33 egyptian military officers on that plane when it was shot down sept 1 2000 over us waters and covered up as pilot suicide because the copilot said god save me 13 times before they crashed. My government works daily to keep me from speaking out and they will have to kill me to accomplish that. I have never been arrested in my life and the only reason I never served in the military is I couldn't pass the physical

I am a patriot and my lying greedy manipulative governement has shat on me for the last time.

the facts are out there for those who want to know I personally wish that I did not.

These colors may not run but they will lie like a rug!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
it's a simple answer for me: It's better to die on your feet than live on you knees.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'd prefer to survive the struggle thanks... As with everything else it would depend upon my perceptions of what was happening. If I agreed, obviously I wouldn't fight against...if I did disagree, I'd fight against it by any means I was comfortable with. I hope that answers your question.

Freedom or death? Those aren't the only options. Freedom is cool, on that we'll agree. Death, on the other hand, is highly overrated. Better a live discreet rebel, then a dead martyr. Thanks anyway...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

That really depends on the reason, and the circumstances. I don't have a problem with the government in, and of itself. The people running things, well, let's say that's a different story.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
I'd prefer to survive the struggle thanks... As with everything else it would depend upon my perceptions of what was happening. If I agreed, obviously I wouldn't fight against...if I did disagree, I'd fight against it by any means I was comfortable with. I hope that answers your question.

Freedom or death? Those aren't the only options. Freedom is cool, on that we'll agree. Death, on the other hand, is highly overrated. Better a live discreet rebel, then a dead martyr. Thanks anyway...

The purpose of life, the beauty of life, is the fact that we can do whatever we want. Once that right is removed, and we are forced to live our life a certain way, once joy, opportunity, freedom, and peace has left your life, what's left to live for? And to fight against that, even if it were to cost your life, would be worth the value of possibly freeing the future from further tyranny.

Death should not be as feared as it is, we're all just waiting to die, if it's your time, go out with a purpose.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

I already consider myself to have had an opportunity to join them years ago, I call them the illuminati as the group resembled similar structure etc but same thing as names mean nothing really.

I refused and you can read about it in the thread I created which is now a part of my signature below.

Made the choice long before this was even considered acceptable to speak of socially like it is now. People shrugged it off years ago but now things are different and real.

One thing that I do not think people in general realise is that governments are at mercy rather than the perpetrators its a difficult fight for anyone to take on.

To answer your question, I would give every ounce of my breath to rid the world of this problem to free the future of our ancenstors and our own burden of ignorance, being Scottish I know all about the slavery my people had to suffer from reading on my nations history alone yet no scottish person speaks of the crimes commited against them, but that is nothing compared to the scale of this problem as this is a war of the mind not the body.

Cheers

[edit on 8-12-2008 by XXXN3O]

[edit on 8-12-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Death isn't to be feared, but it's not something one should be actively searching for either. To oppose something just for the sake of opposing? That's foolish, and counterproductive. One man's tyranny is another's peace...it truly is a matter of prospective. Why else are there so many opinions on what constitutes "evil"?

If I have reason to oppose "them", I will. If I don't, obviously I won't. I'm as civic ally minded as the next person, in fact, I'll dare to say more than most. But I'm not going to go fomenting revolution/warfare against an unnamed nebulous "them". I just don't roll that way. Doesn't make me a sheep, or slave, or whatever...just makes me a bit tougher to convince.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The fun response is, "which ever side has the cuter girls" I'm bettin' its the resistance.

But in reality, its really circumstantial. I'm all about fighting for your rights to the death, but it really depends on the scenario.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It really depends, obviously first I have to agree with the reasons we are against them.

Then it depends on how many people get involved, if the numbers willing to tak part are so small it willm make no difference I will not join. Better to live and fight another day.

If however, I agree with the reasons AND enough people take part for it to be a viable option I will do all within my power to help out.

I live near a military surplus shop, near a small airground, near a gun club, near an army cadets base and not too far away from an airforce base. Supplies to fight with are easily obtainable. And due to the fact my town is surrounded by mines, it is incredible easy to weaken the surrounding groun making it near impossible for any heavy vehicles to enter.

new topics

top topics

join