It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANYONE Feeling Vibrations?!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Typical side effects when meditating.

1. As your body stills, your hart beat will result in rocking your body.
2. Breathing takes on its own rhythm after a short while, and it can get in resonance with heart beat.
3. Numbness. This is a twofold possibility. One: your legs get numb because of the improper position (stopping blood circulation). Two: you get this feeling of numbness but you are not really numb (hard to tell the difference). This is actually the goal of meditation - disconnection of perception. After this you are very close to feel an enormously overwhelming feeling of bliss, which is actually how it feels when there is no body around to obstruct this feeling with its own perception/reason input.

Meditation can also cause some nausea.

I think that feeling of earthquake (sometimes you even dream aobut earthquake) is connected with heart beat getting into some kind of resonance.

Numbness which is similar to the one from meditation can occur while asleep, then some weird dreams may result, like you dream that you are awake but cannot move, or everywhere is dark and you look for some light to turn it on, etc.

These are just few out of many side effects of meditation. Buzzing in ears is one of the most common.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Myself and others I know have experienced this and it is spoken of in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... (it's a big one so prepare for a read)

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
I've been feeling this faintly in my chest, the back of my neck, and the base of my skull from time to time lately. It isn't a physical tremor. It's more like a tingly "buzzing" in my skin and/or bones. It's very, very strange. I've never felt it before.

that is where i feel it too , mostly but it seems to be all over my body.
but no one else has felt the vibrations suddenly stop?? what could the reason be?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
You guys probably have spondylosis.
Check it out with your physician.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
From Wiki:

"Paresthesia (pron. /ˌpɛɹɪsˈθiʒə/; paraesthesia in British English, pron. /ˌpæɹɪsˈθiʒə/) is a sensation of tingling, pricking, or numbness of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect. It is more generally known as the feeling of "pins and needles" or of a limb being "asleep" (although this is not directly related to the phenomenon of sleep). The manifestation of paresthesia may be transient or chronic."

You don't need to have spondylosis to have these sensations, sitting in lotus position, straining your back and neck can also produce these short term effect. So these symptoms can have different or mixed causes.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
i only get earthquake like vibrations when i am really really excausted 95 % of the time thiss occurs to me is in aiirports.

if anyone knows what this is please u2u me.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
YES!

This has been happening to me for about a week now... it is frightening me though, at first i thought it was my heart, but it seems to radiate from my chest, is very very hard to explain, because its such an odd feeling.
I too meditate, and feel im reaching a newer, higher state than before, so maybe it is to do with that?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ohh_pleasee

Hey there,So here's my take.Kundalini is in everybody and it is felt as a vibration.Sexual yoga gives this effect fairly readily.Temperature fluxuations will serve to dispell doubts (like,is it all imagination?Not that I think so at all but to tell sceptics in this open forum where there are nebbishes who have been deputised as correctors of all and sundry,and all for the sake of accuracy,to be sure... having empiracal evidence convinces the on-the-fencers,if accurately gotten.I use a thermo scan device sold to take temperatures.The human body is capable of amazing things.Kundalini raising is a physical thing.I know from real life experience.Try raising temperature in various body parts at will,it too can be done fairly reliably with practice.Just as regulating your pulse.I usta do that during physical exams as a child to be funny.It is pretty easy for me,so I just assume for many as well.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
wellyou got to take into account that everything is vibration and that everything is interconnectted, meditation will put your being on another frequency tapping into another conciousness, the more we centre on ourselves the more open we become hense feeling energies around us and becoming more sensative to vibrations around us electrical equipment and radio frequencies etc the effects of these for an example can have those effects on our energy systems and also becoming more attune to our planets energy grids etc too

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
wellyou got to take into account that everything is vibration and that everything is interconnectted, meditation will put your being on another frequency tapping into another conciousness, the more we centre on ourselves the more open we become hense feeling energies around us and becoming more sensative to vibrations around us electrical equipment and radio frequencies etc the effects of these for an example can have those effects on our energy systems and also becoming more attune to our planets energy grids etc too

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This is all true. And I don't want to sound as if I wanted to destroy this thread, but stomach problems (gastritis, surplus acid and sensitivity to it - and that is just below the chest, funny feeling, pushing diaphragm) can give you such shakes that every bone will clatter. Stomach can vibrate so much that you will think it is your heart going nervous and scare you to panic which will cause other symptoms etc. So make sure you are not confusing those symptoms with symptoms from meditation practice.

Meditation practice is supposed to go along with analytical thinking, that's why it is important to really understand how perception and reason work. You are supposed to observe those phenomena and see how they behave during meditation, because that is when they are slowly shutting down. This process of shutting down is accompanied with certain physiological symptoms, but they are just a small distraction and by no means essential. The goal of meditation is the insight, and this practice is supposed to be expanded on ones' everyday activities, focusing your mind on whatever you're doing at the given moment, analyzing it and understanding the underlying mechanisms.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I did and still do sometimes. Also am i the single one that hears a weird noise while meditating lately? like a buzz or something.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
maybe you want to look this up

schumann frequencies may explain

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohh_pleasee
Hello friends. I have been meditating for a few months now, I practice yoga, drink plenty of water and eat healthy, and all that good stuff.

Lately I have been feeling these almost constant vibrations within me. At first I feared having a possible heart problem or otherwise, so I journeyed to the doctor. Long story short I am nice and perfectly healthy(Needless to say my doctor probably thinks I'm a bit of a weirdo now, lol).

I even noticed during Thanksgiving when I had my hand on a glass of water the water was vibrating! This had been after everyone else left the table, so nothing was affecting it before I had my hand resting on it.

I would be interested to see if anyone else has been encountering anything like this? Any input would be soooo helpful, for sometimes I'm starting to feel I'm just slightly losing it...

Because of my practice and taking part in meditation religiously I will say I notice a different in energy vibration via meditation.

I've had a feeling lately of chaos breaking out like on the tip of a cliff into infinite insanity, it's a feeling of change most likely the out come of exposure to violent media.

-Psycho

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ohh_pleasee

i usually feel it in my pepper.....
))) right after a good strong "O" lol sorry......Just had to....
on a more serious note ... We are eletrical beings... all energies have current vibrating on different frequencies. It is like a harmonic resounance on a guitar string tends to ring out when it reaches a certain frequency. (under "normal" circumstances..... However i am like most folks. I try hard to be in tune with myself & i have found , like you, that there is definitly something "in the air" so to speak that has me vibrating at a whole other level.... Like the hair stand on the back of a dog whos territory is about to be breached........ Thought it was just me..... Very Interesting take.... Smitty

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

I too have had a weird buzzing feeling at the back of the bottom of my head. Is this the same with you?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Many of you are desscribing various energy centers activating, mostly with meditation sessions. As the physical self (life) quiets, the phsyical nervous system stills, and the subtle nervous system engages, creating activations of the energy centers (there are many of them).

The physical nervous sytem is spinal controlled.
The subtle nervous system is energy core controlled, which runs right through the body from the Alpha & Omega Anti-Chakras: this is about 1-1/2" diameter and runs from the soft spot of the head to the perineum, extending above & below, through the controller system (alpha & omega anti-chakras).

Do not mistake the Soul Sphere for the Alpha Anti-Chakra.

This is as real as it gets, and many things affect it, but not thought. It is engaged by the non-local energetics of Awareness, which combine as mixtures of plasmic states of energy.

Physical effects are not subtle effects, be sure.

This core center is the same as an energy 'rod,' which emanates an energy field (aura), and is recharged by the physical battery system (alternating current of substance-[energy]-force).

Rather than dwelling on the vibrational effects, it is well to engage the awareness in energetic maneuvers. This has a developmental-evolutional benefit.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by SS,Naga]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by tigermoff

intuition is not intuition, it is only another level of perception

now to get to the higher and ultimate permanent bliss state, which is knowledge in its purest form, your mind, and that include subconsciousness and what we sometimes wrongly diagnose as subconsciousness as too often it is just ego and imagination, your mind must have switched off thoughts; they make you create divisions between you and the wholeness of the universe.

compare mind to a lake and thoughts to waves. realize what happens when the lake is perfectly still and flat.

you'll be on a path to absolute consciousness.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Yes I occasionaly fell heavy vibration thru my body,but I just attributed it to nerve damage,feel like I put a quarter in a hotel bed

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This is happening to me when I'm not meditating, though. And no, I don't have spondylosis. (I know this because I recently had a pre-op MRI and CT for 1) bone spurs in my neck and back, and 2) for suspicion of gallstone pancreatitis prior to a cholecystectomy.)

I'll just be going about my business, and I'll feel it. It isn't a tremor or a palpitation. It isn't gas. It isn't joint stiffness (you know how sometimes your joints will be tight and they will sort of creak or shudder as you move them? Yeah, it's not that.)

My blood pressure isn't too high or too low (I had hypertension and have been checking it regularly and keeping records. It's always exactly in the range it should be both during exertion and at rest.)

It's a buzzing, almost like a very low frequency sound vibration actually (akin to someone's bass being up too high, but silent and much deeper, more resonant, and continuous.) Buzzing combined with tingling is the best way for me to describe it.

This feels unlike anything I've ever felt.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join