It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I WAS THERE! ... 9 Days I Was Eyewitness In Thailand Airports! ... And Only Foreigner... (VID, PICS)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Teebs

sorry man, but i got to say that it's a bit of alternative democracy, it's better than having corrupt voted government, as i told there are plenty of proof that they bought a lot of vote. [
b]Is that the thing you call democracy? Bought the vote is worse problem, as the bought voter didn't know that the vote buyers are not sincere to them as they only exposed to irresponsible media.

In Thailand there are only 6 free TV channels for people, and poor people won't know what is happening because they couldn't get to more medias and news.
Newspaper isn't a common source of news for most people. So they are sinking into a hole or falling behind a news and reality curtain.

Please, if you not sure about what i said PLEASE ask JanusFIN for more information.

I say again, VOTE BUYING IS NOT DEMOCRACY, THAT'S EQUAL TO PERSUADE PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR THEM[/ฺb]
In some area, like in South of Thailand, we didn't voted for Thaksin as he lose to Democrat(Thai) here. And do you know, he ignore our local authorities and doesn't support us. He really said one time that, "who vote him he care first." but that wasn't true, many things are low quality really.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonfing

Originally posted by Wonfing

sorry man, but i got to say that it's a bit of alternative democracy, it's better than having corrupt voted government, as i told there are plenty of proof that they bought a lot of vote. [
b]Is that the thing you call democracy?

No need to apologize. I completely, one hundred percent agree with you that vote buying is not democracy. I also agree that there were parties guilty of vote buying, and they were found guilty and removed from power by the judicial system.
The point at which my opinion differs from yours is this: Just because some people were guilty of vote buying DOES NOT mean that democracy should be done away with. Parties suspected of vote buying should be brought to court and be put on trial (which is exactly what happened).

Please, if you not sure about what i said PLEASE ask JanusFIN for more information.

I am quite sure about what you said, which is that you are in favor of less democracy in Thailand. You can justify it anyway you want, but it won't change what you are saying. There's no need to talk to me like I'm uniformed and don't understand what's happening - I can see very clearly what's happening.

In Thailand there are only 6 free TV channels for people, and poor people won't know what is happening because they couldn't get to more medias and news.
Newspaper isn't a common source of news for most people. So they are sinking into a hole or falling behind a news and reality curtain.

So, because the poor people are uninformed you should be allowed to vote for them? Instead, why don't you get out there and INFORM THEM, instead of trying to take away their power to vote. I don't think democracy is perfect, and no one said it would be easy, but it's better than a lot of the alternatives - try and work with it, not against it.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Teebs

TextTeebs, I have lived in Thailand for 23 years and speak the language fairly fluently. I have worked in the broadcast media and I can tell you without any doubt that you have the totally wrong view of what is going on! It is not that the rich feel the poor do not deserve the vote, it is the EDUCATED people who are fed up with the UNEDUCATED selling their votes for a bowl of rice and less than $10. They are right that if someone does not understand the value of their vote and the responsibility that goes with it, then perhaps the country is not yet ready for true democracy! Some of Thailand best governments were non elected and the majority of the people would welcome Anand Panyurachun to head a third term as an unelected PM. Thaksin Shinawatra thinks he is as important as the king and uses his money to buyt politicians and the poor people for his own power hungry corrupt ends. King Bhumipol has earned the respect and love of the Thai nation, as unlike my own Queen, he has endlessly worked to improve the lot of the Thai people! It was the King who got the hilltribes to give up Opium crops for food crops, the King who worked endlessly to make sure no one starves in Thailand and the King who bought the Police motorbikes when the government refused. You say the PAD attacked the taxi drivers, you know this for sure do you? Did you know that the UDD (Red Shirts) often don the yellow shirts and create trouble to turn public opinion against the PAD? Who was it that were launching rockets and throwing grenades, not the PAD, of that I assure you! Try to get your facts right as we have enough distortion from the media and I should know as I used to work in the industry!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I publish couple of more videos from my archive to YouTube... And playing with Adobe Premiere with those... I promise to learn my skills better. But, enjoy!

This is collection from many nights...

These moments show the true spirit...

I will make more material soon, but there has been lot of work to just arrange that amount of pics and videos what I have...

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Thank you very much for sharing your valuable information and experiences with us in the West. I can say without contradiction that what you did there is what we should have been doing as a matter of course here in the West in each of our fat comfortable countries. I've heard someone comment about your lack of media there but I can say that we have virtually zero non-controlled media (newspapers, film, TV, Radio etc) in our countries, so its no disadvantage. In fact I'd say its an advantage because we the sheeple here do NOTHING about the tyrannical governments and state systems that have deliberately made us fat and comfortable and afraid to loose our lifestyles even at the cost of our Liberty. And having the same UK-US-European NWO controlled political parties does not constitute a democracy!

Gandhi sums it well when he said "The State represents violence in a concentrated and organized form. The individual has a soul, but as the State is a soulless machine, it can never be weaned from violence to which it owes its very existence." It's also ironic that India (a country that had this great thinker but has forgotten every ideal that he fought for) has now moved onto the NWO chess board and will act in a more prominent way to show Asia how it will enforce their agenda on the false flag ‘Global Terrorism’ ruse.

I viewed your protest and felt ashamed of my western apathy.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

I can tell you without any doubt that you have the totally wrong view of what is going on!

We have different opinions - don't tell me I have the wrong view simply because my opinion differs from yours. I am pro-democracy in Thailand, you are anti-democracy in Thailand. It's as simple as that.

They are right that if someone does not understand the value of their vote and the responsibility that goes with it, then perhaps the country is not yet ready for true democracy! Some of Thailand best governments were non elected...

Here you go again with the 'right' and 'wrong' claims. Why are they right to take away the vote of the 'uneducated' people? Why don't they instead work on educating the people so that they can make informed decisions? Perhaps they don't want them to make informed decisions for themselves?

What happens when the people making decisions for the 'uneducated' people don't have their best interests at heart? The 'uneducated' people with no vote get taken advantage of - that's what happens.

Thaksin Shinawatra thinks he is as important as the king and uses his money to buyt politicians and the poor people for his own power hungry corrupt ends.

The irony of course is that PAD is angry at Thaksin for breaking the rules of law, and yet the PAD considers itself to be above the law. For example:

Bangkok Mass Transit Authority director Pinet Puapatanakul said the city bus agency was negotiating with the PAD for the return of four passenger buses seized by PAD supporters yesterday. They had planned to use them as part of the blockade of parliament. He wanted the PAD to return the buses they had taken because passengers relied on the service.
www.bangkokpost.com...

I agree with you that Thaksin Shinawatra was a corrupt politician, and he has been tried and convicted by the judicial system. Where I disagree with you is this: Just because you have some corrupt politicians doesn't mean you get rid of democracy in favor of autocratic rule. The potential for corruption is even worse with unelected officials.

King Bhumipol has earned the respect and love of the Thai nation, as unlike my own Queen, he has endlessly worked to improve the lot of the Thai people!

Sound like you've been living in Thailand so long that you have started to believe their propaganda. Yea, The King has done plenty of good things, but he's a multi-faceted character - just like any human.

www.economist.com...

It sure is a good thing that he's such a nice guy too, because if he weren't you wouldn't be able to say anything bad about him without being thrown in jail.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You say the PAD attacked the taxi drivers, you know this for sure do you? Did you know that the UDD (Red Shirts) often don the yellow shirts and create trouble to turn public opinion against the PAD? Who was it that were launching rockets and throwing grenades, not the PAD, of that I assure you!

The PAD has committed violent acts, stop pretending otherwise. I linked to a source concerning the PAD attacking the taxi drivers, and that is just one example of many. I'm not saying the PAD weren't the victims of violence - they were (and that is reprehensible), but what I am saying is that the violence was NOT ONE-SIDED. That is all.

I will give you some links to more examples of PAD violence, but you will probably just tell me it was 'impostors' dressing up like them to make them look bad, right?

A movement that defines itself as “non-violent” cannot afford to have violent incidents. Two shootings in recent weeks can be attributed to PAD guards - one person was killed about one hour after a grenade was launched at PAD guards on 30 October. The second victim, injured in the shoulder on 2 November, was the driver of a car with 5 young people who had a night out in Banglampoo and took a wrong turn on their way home. They ended up at PAD barricades and were shot at by a PAD guard. Several bullets were fired at their car.
rspas.anu.edu.au...

BANGKOK (Reuters) - The assault by the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) was swift and savage, a head-on charge by a convoy of vehicles speeding down the wrong side of an expressway into scores of unarmed police. As the terrified officers fled, some of them jumping through the open door of accelerating police vans, wild-eyed young men burst from the PAD vehicles, attacking with sling shots, fireworks, iron bars and wooden stakes.
in.reuters.com...

Try to get your facts right as we have enough distortion from the media and I should know as I used to work in the industry!

How about before you accuse me of not getting my facts straight you start by debunking the information provided at the sources I listed. And while you're at it, use some sources of your own to back up the claims that you made. You should know how that works, since you've worked in the industry and all.

They have illegally detained other citizens. They have vandalised, destroyed and stolen public and private property.

Their coordinated attacks and actions on the pretext of self-defence and national interest are designed to cause a widespread feeling of insecurity and uncertainty and allow reactionary elite forces to push Thailand back to a 1980s model of "half-sail" semi-elected government.
www.ahrchk.net...

All I can say is, be careful what you wish for.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
So you heard there was trouble at the airport so you grabbed your wife and video camera and went there to take part in the situation. You could of simply stayed in your hotel and waited it out..
You put yourself and your wife in harms way for a little sensationalism..

Gratz

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
"....but the PAD are FAR from being in the right"

Obviously you have no clue of what has been going on in Thailand or you
have been ignorant.

What is right in your perception ? - that Thaksin has interfered with all
the Corruption Prevention agencies ? - that he has accumulated tens of billion dollars during his term? - that he is a fugitive running away from the penalty?

One who has never been through living under a corrupt regime would only think of his own convenience. The value of reclaiming justice is immeasurable.
What Thailand has become as we see today has come from protests and demonstrations like what the PAD did but with more deaths and injuries.
Are you enjoying what's happing in Myanmar?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Olet jo aivopesty! Et voi ymmärtää koko thaimaalaisia vain yhdellä puolella. En ole punapaitajoukukeen puolella, mutta älä usko jotakuta niin helposti. Et nähnyt kaikkia. Kiinalaisessa sanalaskussa sanotaan että tiedetään parempaa kun ollaan ulkona. Toivoo, thaimaalaiselta jolta on suomalaisempi kuin sinä.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join