It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I WAS THERE! ... 9 Days I Was Eyewitness In Thailand Airports! ... And Only Foreigner... (VID, PICS)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teebs
As for the OP (JanusFIN), I would disagree with your actions. Getting inadvertently caught up in a situation is one thing, but purposefully interjecting yourself into a dangerous situation, as exciting as it may have been, was an unnecessarily risky move.

That's the difference between people who want to know the truth and help others to know and those world just hide and believe what TPB want people to hear. Life can be a risk.

Glad you made it through the situation Janus and thanks for help with freedom of information.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It is great to see that not only did you make it through that situation in Thailand, but that you managed to bring out so much in the way of footage to show what you saw. It had to have been extremely hard to not know from one minute to the next what was going to happen or even if you were going to make it through what was going on. So comgratulations on getting home from Thailand.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well I would have to say that it was certianly couragious to put yourself in the line of fire to bring us some video.

Tho I am not very up on what the whole thing was/is all about, I do think that the next time something happens like this, that maybe you might invest in either a telephoto lens and get the action from a distance (if possible) or before leaping off the deep end, get yourself and your family bullet proof vests and flak jackets before you to throwing yourself into a dangerous situation like that.

Again I think its great you got the video and was able to post it so the world can see whats going on. The action is admirable.

But now lets get to the practicle.

You got lucky. Pure and simple. You too could have been hurt, killed, as well as anyone else that was with you, and anyone else around you. Oh sure we all take risks every single day, but do we all just take that giant leap off the cliff knowing that there is a bottom several thousand feet below and in the end its over? No we dont. We dont conciously put ourselves at risk, tho we take risks every day. There is a difference between random risk of chance, and blatant risk taking.

Again I salute the bravery and courage to risk your life for a few seconds of choppy video. But in all common sense, I think it was pretty darn stupid to throw yourself at the lions hoping they dont decide to turn and bite your butt. A stray bullet does not discriminate, nor does direct aim, nor does a grenade when it goes off.

I would think about that next time. And tho you have many in here cheering you on like they just got through watching some popular pop concert, lets not have a repeat or something like that one kid who was goated into killing himself all because a hord of people on a video chat room cheered him on to do so.

If you are there again, I would heed the advice I am about to give.

Use your head, take precautions and for God's sake, dont do it because of the glitter and glamour, do it because you know and feel that it is the right thing to do, and above all else, worth taking the risk. Because the next time, your videos might not get posted...and there would only be one reason why that would occur.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 6-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Well I would have to say that it was certianly couragious to put yourself in the line of fire to bring us some video.

Tho I am not very up on what the whole thing was/is all about, I do think that the next time something happens like this, that maybe you might invest in either a telephoto lens and get the action from a distance (if possible) or before leaping off the deep end, get yourself and your family bullet proof vests and flak jackets before you to throwing yourself into a dangerous situation like that.

Again I think its great you got the video and was able to post it so the world can see whats going on. The action is admirable.

But now lets get to the practicle.

You got lucky. Pure and simple. You too could have been hurt, killed, as well as anyone else that was with you, and anyone else around you. Oh sure we all take risks every single day, but do we all just take that giant leap off the cliff knowing that there is a bottom several thousand feet below and in the end its over? No we dont. We dont conciously put ourselves at risk, tho we take risks every day. There is a difference between random risk of chance, and blatant risk taking.

Again I salute the bravery and courage to risk your life for a few seconds of choppy video. But in all common sense, I think it was pretty darn stupid to throw yourself at the lions hoping they dont decide to turn and bite your butt. A stray bullet does not discriminate, nor does direct aim, nor does a grenade when it goes off.

I would think about that next time. And tho you have many in here cheering you on like they just got through watching some popular pop concert, lets not have a repeat or something like that one kid who was goated into killing himself all because a hord of people on a video chat room cheered him on to do so.

If you are there again, I would heed the advice I am about to give.

Use your head, take precautions and for God's sake, dont do it because of the glitter and glamour, do it because you know and feel that it is the right thing to do, and above all else, worth taking the risk. Because the next time, your videos might not get posted...and there would only be one reason why that would occur.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 6-12-2008 by RFBurns]

lol that's like telling a storm chaser to not chase storms it's just too dangerous or telling people, don't go outside when it's lightning, and they still do.

I only mention that because back when I was younger I along with 2 friends would chase tornado's for fun, ya all of our other friends use to freak out about it and finally one of them informed our base commander and well he put a stop to it.

Irony of it all is I was struck by lightning at an early age and it never stopped me from chasing storms or going outside when it was lightning.

It's commendable that you care about his well being however there are people who will take risks and he's obviously one of them.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I'm a Thai and a PAD, i'm living in South Thailand. That was a long protest to protect our constitution from the bad politician that wanted to change some of the law to make them easier to corruption, they don't want anyone to protest them in the future, they will make it illegal. That's why the PAD protest and takeover the parliament.
Now the situation is normal, but we must see who are going to be next cabinet and prime minister, because the PPP and Thaksin nominee are now banned by the court to politic.
This week will be very important, if we got good cabinet by the voting by unbanned politician, that's only one hope.

Thailand is really having trouble with unclear media that really support the corrupt government and doesn't say about what is the cause of protesting or cause of all the problems, that's all from Thaksin Shinawatra who really have influence on people that don't know much of the news. TV and most of the medias are not good, they have too much entertainment instead of present the real problem. NBT is the worst tv channel, they support corrupt government and say that PAD are bad bad bad, that make a lot of people hate PAD, leading to the death of 7 PAD in the last 6 months.

I hope people will know more about how bad are the politician that support corruption, MANY STILL THINKS THAT CORRUPTION IS ACCEPTABLE IF THEY DO SOME PROJECTS AND KEEP THE COUNTRY DEVELOPING, but that's not the way because corruption and acception of bad behaviour in really worst silent problem happeniong in Thailand.

Thanks if you understand.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hey can someone just summarize up what happened? i don't get it.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Now I am waking up in my home, having time to eat my breakfast, and visit you guys in here, contrast for those days adventure is quit huge...

Something what I havent tell you is that I have my family, my wife and daughter here in Thailand. Future of this country is close to mine, after years travelling to here. Maybe that is the reason to feel that great responsibility to this country and it peoples.

I have been in army in Finland for years, and there is no question, if I am taking my position in time of emergency over there, so why I would not take a stand also in Thailand, what has been to the last week, only a paradise for me, and gave so much good things and lessons to my life.

What I learn with peoples in Airports, was that great spirit of unselfish acts, and regimented minds, who believed their leaders, and trust to their causes. Its hard to put that to any words, but can tell you something what I witnessed also... ( You all have maybe heard story from Japanese soldiers in WWII, this can compare to their acts... )

WITNESSING A POSSIBLE BOMB DETONATING

One evening, I think it was last Sunday, I was sitting inside the Terminal Hall, in the place that PAD has give me to be as my post, and guard leader came to tell me, that they have probably find a bomb over there. I follow him to the place, where suggested planted bomb was, under bridge column very near the demonstrators main hall.

Two of high ranked squad leaders did first examine of something, and they both think it probably was a bomb. (They have seen few in South Thailand) They ordered everyone to back off about 20-30 meters. It was night time, and many flashlights were blinking in darkness. Then I saw one of the guards giving away all his things, and he get to the place where bomb was.

After that he was in cross light from many flash lamps, and he stood there, pick up the bomb to his hand, and not a single thought in his face he detonate the possible bomb, and he was ready to die. He had no security vests, nothing. Bomb didnt detonate, and he survived.

A while he stand there, maybe understanding that he is still alive, and his friends went to give him a great thanks, cheering him from his bravery. Then he walk towards me, and I stopped him in the way. I was still in some kind of shock when I grap his hand, just to honour a very brave man.

"We love King!"

Was his only words to me, maybe only what he could say in English. I am still amazed from that moment...

I have also 3 videoclips from this moment, but I have to find some filter, movie editor, to get more light to those videoclips, but I do have all the evidence from that incredible moment...

When you are with those people, you get very much bravery from their spirit, and unselfishness from their true warrior minds. I quarantee that there is no western people who are ready to do that act, what I just witness.

And its not stupidity, bomb had to detonate from heart of demonstrations, somebody had to take that risk, and unplug the device. Time was something that PAD didnt have over there. But courage they really had.

Thanks for everyone for your support!

I was not there for my own benefit, but to witness a great battle, and to find the truth. ATS is a good place for us, to "truth seekers."

I learned a lot, and that pay back all the risks I took.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Hello, you anonymous PAD member!

Can you take me contact by email,

[email protected]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Originally posted by Teebs
As for the OP (JanusFIN), I would disagree with your actions. Getting inadvertently caught up in a situation is one thing, but purposefully interjecting yourself into a dangerous situation, as exciting as it may have been, was an unnecessarily risky move.

That's the difference between people who want to know the truth and help others to know and those world just hide and believe what TPB want people to hear. Life can be a risk.

Glad you made it through the situation Janus and thanks for help with freedom of information.

The irony here is that by barricading himself in the airport with the protesters, he got a much more biased version of "the truth" than if he had gone around interviewing all the parties involved in the situation. The way in which the information in this post has been presented is very one-sided and makes the PAD seem to be the helpless victims of uninstigated violence. This is hardly true. For example:

PAD vs. taxi drivers in Bangkok, Suvarnabhumi (BangkokPost.com) - People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) protesters on Tuesday evening clashed with a group of pro-government taxi drivers on Vibhavadi Road, which left at least 11 injured. Two of the taxi drivers suffered gunshot wounds.
According to the police, the PAD demonstrators attempted to break into the Khon Rak Taxi (Taxi Lovers) radio station on Vibhavadi Road, Soi 3, but a group of taxi drivers prevented them. As a result, both sides exchanged blows and threw things at each other until more than 60 policemen arrived to settle the situation.

Source

I, on the other hand, talked to a variety of Thai people around Bangkok and the general consensus was that they were pissed off at what the PAD was doing. The PAD does not represent the feelings of most Thai's - THAT is the truth. They are an anti-democratic group that represents only a small percentage of Thai people. The PAD (consisting of mostly well-off city dwellers) thinks it's unfair that the votes of rural farmers outside of Bangkok carry the same weight as theirs.

The point I am trying to make is that this is not a black and white 'good guys vs. bad guys' kind of situation, and it's certainly not 'the will of the people VS. the evil government' and I think the members of ATS have the right to know that, and to be presented with unbiased information so that they can form their own opinion based on the whole story, not just a piece of it.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Ok, hold on a minute. I read every post on this, and still don't know what the heck is going on. Why did a grenade blow up in this Taiwan airport?! Is this some prank, or a call to some sort of action. If it is an action, what is it? Sorry for the ignorance in this, but this is insane! And, to the OP, I am so glad you were able to make it out of there ok, being able to help those in need, and being able to provide us with this incredible footage. That will surely not be shown on our main stream media. I rarely flag posts anymore, but this is unbelievable...!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Teebs

The royal family did not stay out of this. The Queen financially supported and attended the funeral of a PAD supporter.

The severely compomised the police and to an extent the lawfully elected majority government. The Army and Police allowed a mob to take over 2 airports and government house with no resistance and no deliberate effort to remove them.

This has resulted in the vast majority of Thai citizens being disenfranchised and their will once again has been subverted, now for the third time. (Thaksin, Surandev and Somchai)

Chiang Mai Falang

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

S & F JanusFIN for being brave enough to let the world witness the true strenght of people power

It is truly inspiring to see how the willpower of the people, united in a just cause, is not a mere silly or romantic idealism !! It has happened here, in my own country, in 1997-1998, and I am always humbled to see others standing up & doing the same elsewhere... The PTB only looks strong when we always BOW our heads in front of them !!!

[edit on 7/12/08 by KembaraLangit]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I'm this person, i'm getting excited that people wanted to know more about the trouble here in Thailand, thanks a lot. I wasn't think that people here wanted to know this, but as someone pick up this topic, they should heard from a real PAD in Thailand.

I don't agree and believe some of the things that PAD leader done, but the goal is what i agree that we must put an end to our corrupted government. But now the court had put an end(or maybe a rest?) to bad politician by banned them for 5 years. The corrupted politician are really supporter of the ousted ex-prime minister Thanksin Shinawatra, everyone know that he had many corruption cases in court which is being judge and he now has arrest warrant to 2 years jail by Thailand Court.

And why we protest instead of let the court judge and banned all bad politician?
That was because if we let the time goes by without get rid of them or stop them quickly, they would changed the constitution and many laws to make them right on wrong things and after that we might not know what they are going to do with our country. On of the worst corruption was the construction of Suwhanaphumi Airport,
it cost more than 100000 millionbaht(350000million$), which too expensive and had too many problem such as break down of luggage scanner, pavement crack, runway crack(a lot and one of them was closed after construction, it's now open) and roof rain leak and much more. Also it had been proven that government has choose the highest cost with worst quality material as those businesses have relationship with some politician.
Surely many people voted them to be our government but they bought the vote, as the court already judged in 2 December and banned those politician.
So PAD just stop them to make our court work properly, in the last September anyone heard about someone trying to bribed the court, that was true as many people in the court told, and that man has been arrested.

So the solution of all the problem was only get the corrupted politician jail.
If you have question just ask me. Sorry for bad grammar.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
As with an earlier poster, I rarely flag threads. I actually think this might be the 1st...I tried one other time, but not sure if I did it right.

This thread deserves a S&F. You've brought coverage to us that we would doubtfully see otherwise.

I can see in this story, the power of the people when they unite against what they deem "unjust."

That should be a lesson to the rest of us in the world. It can be done. As long as we believe it can. It can. Of course, we have to have enough drive left in us to "do it." (But, that's a whole "other" story.)

OP...Great Post!

PAD member....I welcome your imput. Nice to have 1st hand beliefs.

This thread is both informative and intriguing. Including all the opinions.

Thanks!

Shaka

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Dear ATS fans,
As long as I know about Thailand; Since the rule has been changed to democracy in the past, I could say that nearly all of them who worked in government had involved in corruption. Everyone know that well [1]. So, Thai people are just waiting for the result they will benefit from the elected government. When Tuksin had elected, It is not weird for him to do a corruption (If compared to any ex-prime minister). But why this story spread all of the world?

Tuksin have done numerous projects in Thailand; the more service he did the more corruption he made as same as others do. Moreover, Tuksin has been elected for two times(4+4 = 8 years! let's say he is staying in this position too long) which makes many other people who work in the government resist him indeed. Then, kaboom! [2] PAD has started for an obscure goal. People who involved PAD will be some kind of brainwashed; They have a strong desire to expel Tuksin and his team away. They just watch their unlawful station called ASTV which announce everything about them [3] -- anywhere they go, many valuable stuffs will be disappeared and destroyed. Almost of the protesters that participated are innocent people who have been bribed to enrolled in this protest! -- It is something like "If you are poor, here is your chance. There will be food, drinks and several money waiting for you, just doing what we say" God Damn! [2].(The protest in Thailand is so strange that confuse me
) PAD's slogan is to do a peaceful protest. But what I have seen in many media over an Internet is another story; Many instruments they use can be applied to be a weapon; such as, grenades,(plus their tools to produce) ,poles(flags they holding),and guns (pipes they swinging).Oh, and If they say that they don't use gun which means there is another substituted instruments like glass marble with hand catapult. It is the way savageness.

Someone may wonder how they get a large amount of money to pay the VERY large number of fine. At least two national banks and some invisible sources were suspected to be backup the protest [2]. I love Thailand and Thai's lovely king -- I also have a wrist band engraved "Long live the king" .But this story makes me disgraced, I used to told my friend that Thailand is the best place to travel and you must try to go there if you can.
(just my feeling, sorry)
This writing is not intended to offense someone and the writer does not stick to any side, just to tell you the truth as I know about Thailand.

[1] See Schlueter, Georg. "Combating Corruption in Thailand"
[2] See How did Thai protesters manage it?
[3] See ASTV

PS I : That is impressive, JanusFIN. You are so brave. Not only a writer; may be you can be a spokesman also.
Thanks for sharing.

PS II : If you let Thai people debating each other side, It will be the way endless! People from PAD side just looking on their media so does the others; they have their media also; let's say they are separated.

Kind regards,
Beck

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I am a member of this forum but didn't wish to take the time to remember my login information...I would like to request permission to share your videos with another forum...BlogsForNatalee...as the main suspect in her disapearance spent time recently in Thailand...TIA

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN
[more

why if you lived in thailand , you keep sounding asif youi have never actualy been in country ? shouldnt you e with othewr story tellers on godlikeproductions ?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This thread has struck a nerve with me. Hopefully I can explain why.

I have been lurking on ATS for over a year, and even after I decided to become a member I made only a handful of posts. I prefer to learn by listening to what others have to say and then forming my own opinion. However, now that a topic which I actually know a good bit about has come up, I am absolutely shocked by the amount of ignorance I see in this thread. There are two main points that I would like to address:

First, we have many people (including one of the proprietors of this website) congratulating the poster of this thread for taking all this video and making it out alive. Don't you realize that he PUT HIMSELF into this situation? The man has a wife and child, and yet as soon as he heard there were bullets flying, he hurried to the scene. He deserves to be scolded, not congratulated. Were these video clips so important to the members of ATS that they condone actions which may have resulted in a child losing her father? He wasn't brave, he was irresponsible. Don't get me wrong - it's his life, he can do what he wants, but I find it disgusting that people are encouraging this kind of needlessly reckless behavior.

Second, we have many members saying things like "Power to the people!" or "willpower of the people, united in a just cause..." and other such uninformed statements. Another example is this:

I can see in this story, the power of the people when they unite against what they deem "unjust."

This poster apparently hasn't researched the issue enough because if he did he would realize that the PAD does NOT represent the majority of Thai people, just a very small percentage. Not only that, but the PAD are blatantly ANTI-DEMOCRACY. It is, in fact, democracy which they deem to be "unjust". Do you understand?

Nobody can discuss, of course, what effect the queen’s support has had on the majority of Thais who still, apparently, back Mr Thaksin. A whirl of lèse-majesté accusations have been made against pro- and anti-Thaksin figures. But the PAD’s ever more menacing behaviour, the palace’s failure to disown it, and the group’s insistence that Thais must choose between loyalty to Mr Thaksin and to the king, may be doing untold damage to the crown itself. Some of Mr Thaksin’s voters must be contemplating the flip-side of the PAD’s argument: if the monarchy is against the leader they keep voting for, maybe it is against them. Such feelings may only be encouraged by the PAD’s condescending arguments that the rural poor, Mr Thaksin’s main support base, are too “uneducated” to have political opinions, so their voting power must be reduced.
www.economist.com...

Note the very strict lèse-majesté laws which bar anyone from saying anything remotely negative about the royal family.

And again, although much of the mainstream media has portrayed the PAD protesters as the helpless victims of uninstigated violence, this is far from the truth. Consider another example (one of many) consisting of a man who...

came to Bangkok looking for work but when he ran out of money he applied for a job as PAD guard. He only worked in this role for one day and decided to leave as he was concerned with the aggressive behaviour of the PAD guards. At this point the PAD guards assumed he was from an anti-PAD group so 3guards beat Mr. Malila and dragged him to the underground section of the airport to interrogate him. He was then shot in the back and left for dead. Luckily he was found by outside medical services and taken to hospital, where he is now receiving treatment.
Source

Continued in next post...

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Teebs]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
...Continued from previous post.

More on the mainstream Thai media:

The pro-PAD coverage of events by Thailand's mainstream print media led respected media analyst Supinya Klangnarong to call the current atmosphere one of “fear and uncertainty”. Also at the FCCT discussion, Supinya — who was associated with the PAD in early 2006 but became disillusioned and left — noted that it was the foreign media which many Thais had come to rely on for balanced news, while at home “it is very difficult to criticise the PAD, or even the government”.
www.themalaysianinsider.com...

I know that the mindset of ATS members may lead them to take the side of the people doing the protesting, however in this case the agenda of the protesters is actually much worse than what they are protesting against.

Some commentators and opponents of the alliance have described its agenda as fascist. This is not an exaggeration. Experience shows that the types of systemic changes and regimes that follow such movements, although they may not describe themselves as fascist, have fascist qualities. Indeed, successive dictatorships in Thailand's modern history appreciated, expressed and used many fascist symbols and policies, and the residue of these can be found in the language and behaviour of the alliance leaders today.
www.ahrchk.net...

Peaceful protest is not only a part of democratic process; it is integral to it. But the rallies and blockades in Bangkok of recent days, weeks and months have not been peaceful. Nor can they properly be called protests at all, as they are not merely demonstrations of a wish, but acts aimed at achieving goals at all costs. And the costs to Thailand have already been very high. They will get higher, and be felt in terms of the lives and liberties of all people in the country if they are not brought to an end. All people in Thailand have a right to oppose this ultra-conservative project for state dominance at their expense.
The Asian Human Rights Commission especially takes this opportunity to call for far greater global attention on events in Thailand, which have passed for these few months without any discernible reaction from international bodies, especially the United Nations. Having vacillated on the 2006 coup the world community cannot afford to this time let things just go on without some meaningful intervention. If Thailand slips further backwards it will be to the detriment not only of its own millions but the entire region. At a time that repressive anti-democratic forces are either making comebacks or strengthening their positions almost everywhere, Thailand cannot afford to be lost.
www.ahrchk.net...

Snap out of it people! These protesters are supporting the very definition of the 'PTB'. The PAD is not the voice of the Thai people - it is a fascist, anti-democratic movement. You're cheering for the wrong team. Deny Ignorance...

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Quasar

Thailand, not Taiwan.

Not specifically at you, Quasar, but I am amazed that apparently so few people knew about this, I have seen it on the news for the last few days.

Haven't the media covered this situation?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join