It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black, Unmarked helicopter over my apt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
A few days ago I looked out of my window to see a black, unmarked Sikorsky helicopter flying low (about 400 ft) over my apt. I live in Lansing, MI and there are no military bases in the area. I thought it was very strange. Any thoughts about what black helicopters do or where they come from? Personally I think they are used by the shadow gov to monitor civilians.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Black helicopters are a rarity. Even most of the flat black helicopters that I have seen have the big white serial numbers on the tail section.

To my knowledge, there is no operation or reason for a completely black helicopter. There could be some threads already on ATS abot it. that's where I would go.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Actually... I live in Northern California and we have alot of those come in and out all the time. They are mostly owned by rich people. But there is a company that has them and totes them here and there around these parts. They also dont have huge letters or numbers on them either. There are small sets on the door of the pilot look there next time and see if thats it, otherwise they are military.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I live in Austin, Texas. I saw one fly over my home about 4-6 months ago.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by fearless leader

What have you been doing to warrant such a flyover?

Actually, they are probably flying over the auto plants doing aerial surveying. Trying to plan ahead I would surmise.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Find a good camera with a good zoom and take a picture next time to see if there is a serial number you could track. or find a way to jam their radio signal, either or.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I and others have seen the same thing. No idea what it's all about.
But I did get some pics
Here are some links
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Arg there is that 11-11 again

[edit on 6-12-2008 by foremanator]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I was probably just paranoid, but when I first joined ATS and started streaming some conspiracy videos. These black unmarked heli's hovered over my house twice in that week!!

It wasnt somuch the heli's that freaked me out, but rather the fact that i came accross some threads mentioning the same thing!!

I cannot say whether there is something more sinister to them or not. But after that, they never reapeared. Till this day, my mind still boggles

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
yeah the one I saw definatly had no numbers on the doors...I got a real good look when it flew right past my balcony window very close...had no markings whatsoever...I knew it wasnt a police or news chopper because those are white...I also am pretty sure it was made by Sikorsky, it wasnt a blackhawk but the single engine version....my roomate made the comment they were probably looking for marijuana plants...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The military sells used Loaches to police departments for use as police helicopters. They are typically either very dark green or black in color, often with no markings.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by fearless leader

I live in lake development in Missouri. One moring I heard a helecopter flying low and looked out my window. It was a black umarked helecopter. It made a right turn parallel to my home and paused shining a light in my dirrection then quickly made another turn and disapeared the same dirrection it came from.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
usually its police

they are probably looking into you

i would move

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This is common when teaching new pilots, and the Reg numbers are hard to see as most are not very large.
I would keep an eye out but check and see if there is a flight school with in 50 miles of you. And look there first.
This is what we do when we train new fliers,fly over areas that is known as to teach pilots to always see where they are .
Also flight schools are buying up the used choppers as they are a whole lot less in cost than a new one.

Just a thought as I would look at this first. But I did not see what you saw so go from that.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
A lot of "black, unmarked" helicopters are neither black, or unmarked. If they're military, they're dark green, with black lo-vis markings on them. The markings are hard to see from under 100 feet, and almost impossible to see, unless you have a REALLY good camera from farther than that.

Military helicopters have been known to fly 100 miles or more to go to conferences, or even to visit the FAA and get their certifications renewed. They'll go to the nearest large FAA office to get that done. They're required to be current with the physical, and the certification by the FAA. We used to see about one an hour land at Honolulu when they were getting that renewed.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I saw one of these black helicopters up close and in person, no white serial numbers on the tail section or anywhere else. The helicopter was small, like a traffic copter, and landed in a business park parking lot.

It was all black with the only marking being a silver-white equilateral triangle (hollow) like a Greek delta character.

The windows were so dark that I could not see the sun through them. They must be flown by instrument because it was too dark to see the sun through let alone anything else.

It was in the lot when I went into a business there (that normally would not have been open on a Saturday at 7am) and as I came out it was just taking off. In addition to being black it was also extremely quiet; not silent, but I've been by other small helicopters when they took off and they were loud. This made kind of a woof woof woof sound instead of the thud thud thud of a typical helicopter blade.

I don't know what their function is, but the triangle reminded me of the civil defense triangle and I couldn't help but think it might have some function in the event of a nuclear exchange and that might possibly be the reason for the ultra-dark windows although I would think it would make more sense to make it reflective in that event so it didn't absorb energy and heat up.

top topics

join