It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candi Sukuh - Java, Indonesia the Aztec Pyramid in Asia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Having done more research on this interesting temple (thanks Warrenb) I read a history of the that period. A period of war between the various kingdoms. One reason the temple may look odd is that it is a stripped down version - they were in a hurry.

From Majapahit and Sukuh to Megawati Sukarnoputri: Continuity and Change in Pluralism of Religion, Culture and Politics of Indonesia from the XV to the XXI Century
By Victor M. Fic
Published by Abhinav Publications, 2003
ISBN 817017404X, 9788170174042
303 pages

The book

Part of it is on line at the link above.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This would explain why there are so many Polynesians stuck on remote islands in the Pacific. The early peoples of Asia walked to America on an ancient land bridge that connected the two continents near the equator. This would also explain the high concentration of mesoamericans in central america. If the migration came from the Bering Strait the greatest population should have been in the north.

The Olmec heads look Polynesian to me. The Olmec figurines that I have seen have an asian appearance, because of the eyes.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by lostinspace]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Howdy Lostinspace

Not quite knowing if you are serious or not, however

This would explain why there are so many Polynesians stuck on remote islands in the Pacific.

Hans: The Polynesians have a well documented and evidenced long distance sea capacity- and they did so fairly recently

The early peoples of Asia walked to America on an ancient land bridge that connected the two continents near the equator.

Hans: Not according to plate tectonics and studies of the sea bottoms

This would also explain the high concentration of mesoamericans in central america.

Hans: Caused by the rise in population associated with the development of farming techniques

If the migration came from the Bering Strait the greatest population should have been in the north.

Hans: The climate then and now would preclude that

The Olmec heads look Polynesian to me. The Olmec figurines that I have seen have an asian appearance, because of the eyes.

Hans: The Polynesians and Olmecs probably had a common ancestors in Asia around 25,000 years ago. Both being of Asiatic stock would mean they would resemble one another.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The so called Aztec temple of Candi Sukuh that warrenb posts in the starting post is no where connected to the aztech culture.

Its so misleading.

its a hindu temple.

If you see hindu temple layouts in india and in angkor vat, they have similar layouts with huge courtyards, pyramidical shapes etc.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I would ask people to read the "Book Of Mormon". You dont have to be a mormon of join any church... but really just read it as a history book, you with find answers to alot of questions. Like how di the aztec live and where did they come from, what did they do and where did they travel to. In the book of mormon theres a part that says about a man that built a ship and went searching for new land (not to get mixed up with lehi). Anyway this man with a bunch of others left from south America in search of other land.
Indonesia is one of the oldest places on this earth and anyone with common sence would know that we can all be traced back to around eypt way.
Things we learn are past down though genation to genation we still built houses with pyramid shaped roofs.

WE are all the same, we all came from the same place, and yes even though history is fuzzy before jesus's time. this proves that people did travel to far away lands.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hello anonymous

That was a whole lot of history off rails

I would ask people to read the "Book Of Mormon". You dont have to be a mormon of join any church... but really just read it as a history book, you with find answers to alot of questions.

Hans: Not really, the book of Mormon is an exceedingly poor book of history, it has the American Indians being the lost tribes of Isreal-and that is its best point, it goes down hill from there. Smith took a common theory of the times and mixed it in with his religious beliefs. The outcome of which is a book, from a historical point of view, pure unevidenced nonsense.

Indonesia is one of the oldest places on this earth and anyone with common sence would know that we can all be traced back to around eypt way.

Hans: All the places of the world are of the same age, depending on what you mean of course. Ah no not everything can be traced back to Egypt, you might want to check on Jomon culture and the Han Chinese.

Things we learn are past down though genation to genation we still built houses with pyramid shaped roofs.

Hans: That is common in areas with rain fall and especially snow fall - keeps the roof from collasping

<< 1   >>

join