It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Thing You Would Do If You Could Time Travel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
1 - visit Mongolia while Ghengis Khan was around - but not upset him too much
2 - visit Cambodia at some point while they're building Angkor Wat.
3 - -"- Egypt and the pyramids
4 - go back to Cavern club in Liverpool and listen to The Beatles, to see if they really were that good live.
5 - go back and give my mom's father some advice on a healthy diet, and exercise, so that he doesn't die of a stroke at 38 (when my mom's only 4), and hopefully he'll live long enough to support his family properly, giving my mom a better life, and I'll get to meet him when I'm born - he did sound like a great bloke (obviously check up every 5 years or so to make sure nothing bad is happening because he's around).

(6 - vist GamerGal when she's 18

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Crastney

All good, and a personal one, like mine about seeing my parents when they were dating. But the Beatles? I'd rather see Elvis live in concert. Also, I'm 20, isn't that good enough? Lol, I'd have to talk to the others too see if it was ok with them lol.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
1) Buy a $1 lottery ticket, of course knowing the results
2) Buy a $1 lottery ticket, of course knowing the results
3) Buy a $1 lottery ticket, of course knowing the results
4) Buy a $1 lottery ticket, of course knowing the results
5) Buy a $1 lottery ticket, of course knowing the results

Travel back and say f the world and its history.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I wouldn't change history, and don't want to know what the future holds. The most I would/could do is take some gold bullion back in time, buy myself a stack of stocks, have em locked up, acquire the services of a law firm that would exist to this day to deliver to me the stocks the day after I returned.

No changes at all. There are parts of history that we don't like, and would rather have not happened at all. Killing hitler? Nope, that would change the circumstances that would cause a lot of people now living to have never been conceived. Same with slavery, the crusades, etc...

Oh, there are a lot of things that I would like to see, but who would believe me? Perhaps for myself, but there's no fun in not sharing. In 43 years I've seen only two things that I would consider 'big history'...
The first moon landing, I was four years old, and in awe that someone was walking on the moon (it started my studies of sciences, even at that age). Every time I have watched it since, I'm four years old again, and have that feeling of wonder.
The election of an African-American to the office of the presidency. Even though I still do not believe that either he nor McCain are/were the right people for the office, there was a short moment of relief that it's finally happened. Unfortunately it was bitter/sweet that it didn't happen for the right person.

Perhaps I'd go back in time just to tell myself to put down the goddamn textbooks, and get laid.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
1. Travel back before JK Rowling wrote Harry Potter and with my own copy from the future publish it and collect the millions.

2. Someone else already said it but Invest in Microsoft on day one!

3. Always loved the history of Ancient Greece so I would go check it out for a bit.

4. Would have to check out Jesus and see if he was real and what was going on then.

5. Go back and see who my Dad's father was.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I only need two
, but Ill throw in 5 anyways

1. Go forward in time to the time where humanity reaches immortality.

2. Then go back in time to the dawn of human time with an awesome huge space craft with everything I would ever want, that includes woman, the entire collection of human movies, endless supply of games, Endless supply of Jack in the Box Teriaky Bowls, ect... Just Chill back and watch the human show.

3. Tell the Reptillian Race on earth of an impending doom and the only way of survival is to go underground. Humans 1, Reptilians 0

4. Pretend to be Zues the Lightning God for a day to a couple of peasant and let history write the rest.

5. Envite people nicely to join me for diner on my space craft, tell them about things that I know will happen, then drop them back down and erase their memories... *it gets boring not being able to interact with with others, don't want my wives to find out*

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Crastney

(6 - vist GamerGal when she's 18

You wont have to go back in time to wonder if you should've posted that line.
lmao

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
1. Kill the person who made the time machine and see what happens.
2. Kill George W. Bush
3. Kill the ant that bit me.
4. See if time traveling can really change the "present"
5. Invest in Google.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
1) kill every one who knew i had a time machine
2) get a load of advanced tech from future and take over world in the pre-historic era!
3) destroy time machine

I only needed 3

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
What a great and refreshing thread GG! Curiosity is a sign of intelligence.

I, uh, in a word, am kind of a self-styled time traveler. Wrote it up back in April '90 issue of Extraordinary Science, not that I am particularly proud of it, but it was a fun piece. Of interest to note, they are still holding onto the parallel universe idea.

Met a few others too. Some are more whacked than time traveling, IMO. But there are others, whose memories seem more artificial than real, and it raises my flags.

My daughter just turned 8. The reading material she chose for her school project includes H.G. Wells "The Time Machine". I swear, I had nothing to do with it. And she is adamant about being a scientist. That'll make the second daughter that went into science. I am impressed by HGWs profound and through grasp of science for his day. His work also makes use of very powerful story elements, the differences between the Eloi and Morlocks as an evolutionary inversion of the conscious and subconscious parts that coexist within each of us.

Looking over what the others have said, I think it fair such a power is not handed over so easily to us. It will be there when we need it, but not before then. Perhaps my visions of the future and past were not merely dreams, but memories. They tell us that when we sleep our mind does not follow the arrow of time, but can exist in anytime. Isn't reality subjective after all?

OK, I'll play, game girl.

1) Travel back to Old West frontier. There was a town where my lady love lived. She had long silver hair, and her parents were well to do, but not too rich. Ah, the smell of fresh lumber and horse manure in the morning!

2) Travel far into the future to see how my city changes. They could never get the colors just right in those holorooms, because they had never seen grass, trees, and blue sky.

3) Stay a while in the future. Take the grand tour on an aerodisk, survey the superbridges connecting the continents together over the watery Earth. Each pier is actually a city, doncha know.

4) Come back, court my second wife early. Will have to learn the ways of her land, and befriend the family, in order to be the choice pick when she comes of age.

5) And of course, for charity's sake, go forwards and warn others about Katrina and 9/11.

That should make for an interesting days work.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I think it's revealing how many would go BACK in time. What's the point, it's over.

I'd use all 5 wishes to go FORWARD.

1. 2012
2. 2029 Comet
3. 2100 Just to see if they have a Y2K1 prob
4. 10,000
5. 50,000 or more.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Oh this could get REALLLLLY INTERESTING!! HEHEHE

1.Get some lottery tickets and keeping winning until I become a billionaire....or hell become the first TRILLIONAIRE in human history!

2.Use my money to buy some cool gadgets from the future(and some clean technology),and get some spying devices!

3.Use my spying devices to listen to some private(and HIGHLY top secret) meetings in the past,present and future(Bilderberg,White House,Congress,etc).

4.Put everything I heard here on ATS!!! Although people might think I'm the biggest nutjob on ATS or hell the entire World Wide Web!

5.Maybe find out about the aliens that might have visited here centuries ago.

(6)....or maybe ask GamerGal to make a "10 Things You Would Do If You Could Time Travel" thread instead.

I wonder if anybody else can think of a bigger picture of things to do when he/she possesses a time machine.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by tormentor]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
1 Travel to the future and get my hands on technology so advanced that it would be indistinguishable from magic by contemporary mankind.

2. Come back to the present time and save all of mankind from the corrupt leadership, NWO, elitists, diseases, starvation, homelessness, poverty, etc etc etc. (without revealing my identity)

I would also try to use that technology to make myself "immortal" for the lack of a better way to put it, immune to aging, injury, sickness, etc. everything... so I could be around to save everyone again if the need ever arised.

Then I would save the other 3 as an insurance policy in case I ever needed them, and try to live my life to the fullest.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
1. Kill the person who made the time machine and see what happens.
2. Kill George W. Bush
3. Kill the ant that bit me.
4. See if time traveling can really change the "present"
5. Invest in Google.

I suggest you keep an eye out for the MAN..... Kill "George W. Bush" thats bold very bold

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
lol alot of killing and alot of lottery tickets in here

1.) go back to when God said "let there be light!", and ask if I can flip the switch.

2.)Go to the future real quick just to see how screwed up things will become. give or take 5 to 5000 years.

3.) Go back to 1913 and destroy the federal reserve.

4.)Go to the past and literally slap (open palm)......myself.
just to see my reaction.

5.) Go to the future until yes.... yes.... there is a zombie apocalypse and join with by brothers and sisters of mankind as the rebel defiant leader with a time machine!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

Hey no problem with praise here! But if you, or others, need more then 5 add them! Ok, more...

6. Go back in time when the Wright brothers were working and give them advanced tech.

7. Repeat with Thomas Edison.

8. Same with Einstein.

9. Stick a stick in the spokes of FDR's wheel chair.

10. Watch Angelina Jolie on the set of Gia. Then watch her at the set of Wanted, and at home, gah how is some one her age that hot? I can only hope too be that lucky.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

We can post more eh?Well in that case:

6.Witness the origins of the major religions and see if they were really religious or conspiratorial(Christianity,Islam,Judaism,etc).

7.Find the cures for cancer and other diseases in the future and bring it back here.

8.Find out who REALLY are the true rulers of this world if they did decide to show themselves at any time in the future.

9.As a gamer myself,I would love to see the future of the game systems and other popular game franchises.Like Xbox 1080,Playstation 4-10 and Nintendo...whatever they name it.GTA 5-10,Halo games,and finally some Sonic,Mario and Star Wars games.

10.Relive the 90s,there were some great games and cartoon shows back then.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by tormentor]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
6) Follow Alexander the Great through his battles.

7) Go to Atlantis before its destruction.

8) Go stop the first man from faving sex with an AIDS infected animal and then warn them of what will happen... people can have sex without fear of death again.... I know, no thanks necessary

9) Destroy the leaning tower of Piza, it serves no purpose, yea I said it.

10) Walk on Water with Jesus, don't want to know anything else, if Jesus did it before Mind Freak did. Jesus 1 Chris Angel 0

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Here is my list

1. Meet my Great Grandfather
  2. Spend more time with my grandparents
  3. Witness my family military service
  4. Prevent the pets I have had from dying
  5. Spend time with Dinosaurs

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
1. Travel 30 years into the future to see what the stock prices are and come back and invest in one of them.

2. Unite the Native Americans back in the past and make the USA into a Native American country, probably be more similar to the USA only Natives can be president.

3. Learn many famous songs and go back in time and make them first and copyright so the original artist won't make them!

4. Go back and start mircosoft before bill gates. I'd start with Vista instead of 95 so by the time it's 2009 our computers will be a lot better!

5. Go back in time and live out my rest of my days as chief of my tribe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join