It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Embed non youtube or google video?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
There are some videos I would like to embed but they are not youtube or google videos, can I embed ANY video as long as I have the embed code, or am I wasting my time gathering up the embed codes for these videos?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I don't know for sure but I'd say unless it's uploaded to either you tube or google then you won't be able to embed it easily.

What about setting up a you tube account of your own, then use a application that will take a copy of the video - if your using fire fox there are a number of addons to do that - heres one of them then just upload them to either youtube or google and your done

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I'm attempting to download them now from 'vimeo' so that I can upload to youtube or google and embed them easier.
However I'm having trouble downloading them from vimeo.

I'm trying not to post a link to the videos in a thread for all to see, because I want to make a thread with these videos and don't want to 'let the cat out of the bag' so to speak.

If anyone has knowledge that could help me, and wouldn't mind me u2u'ing the specifics to them, I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Youtube, Google Video, iFilm, Metacafe, Dailymotion, Myspace, Angry Alien, AnimeEpisodes.Net, Badjojo, Blastro, Blennus, Blip.tv, Bofunk, Bolt, Break.com, Castpost, CollegeHumor, Current TV, Dachix, Danerd, DailySixer.com, DevilDucky, Double Agent, eVideoShare, EVTV1, FindVideos, Free Video Blog, Grinvi, Grouper, Hiphopdeal, Kontraband, Lulu TV, Midis.biz, Music.com, MusicVideoCodes.info, MySpace Video Code, Newgrounds, NothingToxic, PcPlanets, Pixparty, PlsThx, Putfile, Revver, Sharkle, SmitHappens, StreetFire, That Video Site, TotallyCrap, VideoCodes4U, VideoCodesWorld, VideoCodeZone, vidiLife,
Vimeo
, vSocial, Yikers, ZippyVideos... and any other webpage with embedded objects.

Yep this one should do it - do you use firefox ? - cos I'd recommend it to anyone, it's the most versatile browser going, and it's free.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I have firefox but don't use it all the time, thank you for the link I really appreciate it

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican
I have firefox but don't use it all the time,

SACRILEGE

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Nope that don't work...

[edit on 6-12-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Seems like I've just answered that question in another thread. Here.

yvid tags will only work for videos hosted on Youtube. gvid tags will only work for videos hosted on Google. No other videos can currently be embedded on ATS (as far as I know), and "embed codes" will not work on ATS at all.

So I guess the answer is: No, at least not at the moment

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
and "embed codes" will not work on ATS at all.

yeah I noticed just tried

so errrmmm when ya gonna fix dat?

...---...

[edit on 6-12-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
doh

top topics

join