It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

404 Error-Very Funny.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I now accept that ats has become funny over the days, but, this is way too much.

I meant, I encountered a 404 error, and got this,

What is with the term,"Department of Boardland Security" and the radioactivity symbols and the very funny definitions, any explanations.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Where is the threat level indicator with green, yellow and red? I cant possibly asses the danger of this problem without it!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Where is the threat level indicator with green, yellow and red? I cant possibly asses the danger of this problem without it!

All I got was this image and no other indicators.

But very funny, great idea of SO.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Excellent. I love the threads that appear when people can't access ATS for whatever reason.

"ZOMFG!!!1 were we hacked? Was it the government? There's been a black car parked outside my house all morning, is it related? I'm sure some files have been deleted from my desktop!"

Hopefully it will go some way to alleviating some fears.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
this actually is the old "make a joke while we install a small pixel sized software camera on your screen" ploy. the PTB has gone to great lengths to follow all of our whiny ass posts. SKEPTIC OVERLORD has been comprimised, and threatened, with him having to watch the X-FILE film 200 times in a row, without JOHNNY ROTTEN getting him getting him a vanilla creme soda, during the entire torturous process. i for one, have put on my double-folded and triple layered aluminum hat and setting in my basement waiting for 12/21/2012.!!! may you live long and prosper \/

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I haven't seen that one in a long, long time...
The "Department of Boardland Security" was from 2004 if memory serves. We had a bunch of people that were, umm, shall we say a little too worried that every time the servers went down it was some sort of organized attack on ATS.

In fairness, I'll have to admit that our servers were horrid back then and we did have technical problems almost every other day and they would last for hours if not days on end...

The other side of the "DBS" was to alert the membership in the event of a drama bomb explosion. The "Threat Level Indicator" used to be on the very bottom of the home and index pages and was a spoof on the DHS system you see on TV in the U.S.

Super Moderator "Kano" was our Secretary of Boardland Security and it was his duty to keep the threat indicator updated to reflect the level of drama happening on any given day.

Oh the "bad old days"...

Springer...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Kano left me with a continuity directive, all IP's which question the D.B.S. are recorded, and the black vehicles will increase surveillance during "Operation Foil Watch". Dang it's been awhile since I've had to do this, I'll fix the slip Springer sir, please put these on.

*Slides on dark shades and pulls out a large pen looking device*

If I could just get our attention for a second please, if you'll look here...
!FLASH!

Merriman Weir, there is no black car parked out side, it is just the neighbors new remote control toy.

Jimmyx, the SO has not been compromised, he simply overindulged in a banana split and fell asleep.

Please move along, there is nothing further to see here. Your all good contributing members of the ATS community. Read, post and deny ignorance.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

You make me feel old inside and here. *points somewhere -- but nowhere in particular*

Does ATS still use a Super Fast Crap Collider?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I miss the old board drama alerts. If I remember correctly, it was usually orange.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hmm...I found this last night, and now it's a thread...I'M BEING WATCHED!

*shakes in corner*

By the way, for those who want to see this page, go to my ATS and click go light.

If the admin don't want people to go to this page, I'm sure this post will be edited...

Roswell.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by roswell1

You are correct, the go light feature is not working, the 404 error, I wonder when that will be cleared.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Oh the "bad old days"...

History is repeating itself, be careful...

Second line.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You guys are lucky. I get this with a 404 error:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
You guys are lucky. I get this with a 404 error:

Oh, my even you mods are not spared from the error. poor mods.

Second line.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
You know, (MOds take note!) It woudl be great to have an error that looked like this, with "404" photoshopimposed over "cake:"

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Awesome! My first 404 error occurred tonight and found the ATS directions and explanations that followed quite comforting. I can't quite grasp but I think I need to start working out more and learn to cook like a real chef if there's going to be red circles around my house I may have to change the colour scheme. .

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
Awesome! My first 404 error occurred tonight and found the ATS directions and explanations that followed quite comforting.

I apologize for quoting part of your text, but hey, this is what its all about, get accustomed to it, as it WILL be far more frequent.
Not that im stating anything revolving around this site, but in due time it will be common and acceptable to view similar or identical links.

top topics

join