It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US readying troop buildup with Marines in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

US readying troop buildup with Marines in Afghanistan

rawstory.com

The US military is preparing to send Marines among some 20,000 troops deploying to Afghanistan as part of a major build-up of forces there, a senior military officer said Friday.

Anticipating a "very active winter," Major General Michael Tucker said he was expecting "some Marines to come in" on top of a Marine battalion sent in November. Tucker would not quantify or set a timeline for the Marines' arrival.

Speaking to Pentagon reporters in a teleconference, the deputy commander of US forces in Afghanistan recalled that some 20,000 additional American troops are scheduled to be deployed to Afghanistan early next year. There are currently 32,000 US troops in the war-torn country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
:@@ Great so they are moving troops from Iraq to Afghanistan...I mean aren't we supposed to stop the war for a second and deal with the things that are going awfully wrong inside the country instead of moving from one country to another looking for the everlasting "terrorists"?

I remember the thing Bush said when he was presented with that article regarding a biological attack agains USA. He congratulated the guys for the good report and said something like " Great report , i also believe that this is the case and i wish Obama good luck" :@@ As he was saying...oh well i won't be in charge anymore , i don't really care.

I believe that the attack threat inside USA will always be high as long as we are in all those countries.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join