It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America has Never been Free: A Call for Action and Liberty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well, to start off, I'm back with more ideas than ever. I don't know where to start, so I decided to take this topic to see what you all out there think about the reasoning.

America has Never been Free,

Well, well start with the beginning of America. Not with 1776, but going as far back to the Puritan's to explain the reason. The Puritans were an oppressed religious minority which believed in strict religious observance and strong family and community values.

John Winthrop was the leader of this small band of fleeing Purtian's going to the New World in the early 17th century. He coined the phrase in his Model of Christan Charity sermon, "A City upon a Hill". This phrase has key significance further on too.

The relentless Puritan's with their strong work ethic created a face for America, that even lasts to this day. The Puritan's were bound to virtual slavery with their religious devotion and would contribute to 18th and 19th century New England and North.

They contriubted to many of the Northern trait that caused the civil war. Such as anti-slavery

Second

Let's jump forward to 1776 now. We are ready to declare our Independance. Who do we send to write it for us? Plantation owners, laywer's, wealthy men. What is wrong with that? The common man feels like he is represented, but yet, is not.

25/56 Signers were lawyer's. That's 50%!

The rest were either Plantation Owner's, Physicians, Merchant's, or Land Speculators.

www.usconstitution.net...

It is pathetic. How can 56 men represent an entire nation. We put it upon them to set us free, but yet they took us so far from us. The common men, in a sense, has freedom. They can vote and run for office.

The problem lies that, if the common man sees a problem, he cannot change it. He has to be elected. So, let's say you put 100 extremely influential and wealthy people together for a while. Give them a chance to control an entire nation. What do you think.

I leave that up to you.

Third

Constitution

People in 1787 we desperate. The Articles of Confederation were failing, and the new 'American Experiment' looked destined to fail.

Quickly, America pulled together the Second Continental Congress. They convened in Philadelphia, shut the curtain's and got to work. When they were finished, they unveiled the document, practically forcing the people upon without a chance to examine it.

The Constitution, Our Constitution. The way we govern ourselves was formed with the curtain's drawn, we a bunch of wealthy, influencial people at the head.

If any modern theorist knows, that is not a good sign.

The people loved it, but it still baffles me. They allowed themselves to elect people to govern them, but after that, they were at their mercy? We, with no power to change after we stopped.

These days, modern elections is all about who can raise the most money.

Our Freedom, yes we have it, but, is it real?

So, to convince the anti-Federalists to jump on the bandwagon in 1787, the Federalists (Pro-Constiution) proposed the Bill of Rights. It listed out our individual liberties, (BTW, which have since been violated).

It was once said that if you gave the people the safety and illusion of freedom, they would be happy, and they were. We never really HAVE any freedom. Yes, yes, compared to the rest of the world, were good, but what does it say compared to what Republican Values tell us we should have?

They have created an illusion of freedom, so us followers would be content. They gave us a bite of the cookie, but we didn't know there was a larger cookie (if you get my metaphor :up

So, even to this day, we have seen posts and concerns rising over individual liberties and the calling for the protection of them.

What I say, is that our freedom has really never existed. People from time to time have called for them, but only to be put back down.

That is why I say, not for the protection of freedoms, but for the expanison. The illusion must be torn down, and we must start anew.

The history of patriotic grand freedoms never existed, the 'Republican Values' were talked about and enforced, but never really happened.

You can go straight down the Bill of Rights and see at least 10 violations per one. That is why our current goverement must stop talking about 'protecting freedom'. It is an allusion to think that we HAVE FREEDOM.

That is why I call on you fellow Americans to activily participate and enjoy your freedoms. Use them and ask for more. Get us our real freedom.

The real revolution for the common man never happened. It needs to happen before the common man will have a say.

USE YOU FREEDOMS. PROTECT THEM. EXPAND THEM.

Our lives depend on it.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Freedom doesn't exist since we are talking about merely words and pieces of paper with printed words upon them. There are no such thing as rights that can be scientifically proven, though we like to think we are safe and have such rights, they are merely just hallucinations brought on by shared cultural feelings. Sucks, doesn't it?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Freemasons showed up and murdered millions of wonderful people that were hurting nobody.
God's justice will prevail.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
True, but the words and pieces of paper represent the cultural distinction of us and what the majority of the people have faith in. Or had faith in. It is a barrier that acts as a protector of our own thoughts and beliefs, and tells others how to enforce them. Little crude and near-sided, but the intelligent people have the need to have freedom in order to manipulate people.

Freedom doesn't exist since we are talking about merely words and pieces of paper with printed words upon them. There are no such thing as rights that can be scientifically proven, though we like to think we are safe and have such rights, they are merely just hallucinations brought on by shared cultural feelings. Sucks, doesn't it?

new topics

top topics

join