It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Moon is Not Ours

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MayorOfCydonia
The Apollo 13 mission had a nuclear bomb on board. They wanted to test a nuke on the Moon and eject the Moon's soil into space so they could study the dust with a spectrometer.

The aliens don't want the American's back

Why wouldn't "They" just test the soil kicked up by the lunar craft's launch back into space from the moon or from the various space debris and meteors that hit the moon from time to time as is evident by all the craters. I found your statement pretty puzzling and researched it and found the following information as well as learning something new.

On Broken Arrow Nuclear Weapon Accidents:

www.aerospaceweb.org...

I found this information:

17 April 1970: As Apollo XIII returned to Earth following its aborted mission to the Moon, the crew jettisoned a radioisotope thermoelectric generator (RTG) that would have been left on the lunar surface had the landing been successful. The RTG, containing plutonium, survived re-entry and came to rest in the Tonga Trench at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean where it still remains.

I also checked Wikipedia for what a RTG is and what the article said was that a RTG is basicly an electrical generator which obtains its power from radioactive decay (sorry, no bomb yet):

en.wikipedia.org...

And on mombu, I found this under Space & Defense RTG Program:

www.mombu.com...

"The Apollo 13 spacecraft carried an RTG to be used on the moon
to power a seismic station. The Apollo 13 mission was aborted and
the spacecraft returned to Earth. The RTG was attached to the
lunar module that broke up on reentry. The RTG heat source
reentered the Earth atmosphere intact, with no release of
plutonium, and currently is located deep in the Tonga trench in
the Pacific Ocean. Extensive testing of RTGs in sea water has
been conducted, and there will be no release of plutonium over
time from this unit."

NASA did place seismometers on the moon on various missions and did slam 9 spacecrafts into the moon to measure seismic activity as well to monitor meteor strikes:

science.nasa.gov...

So as you can see, no where besides in your statement did I find anywhere that we wanted to detonate a nuke on the moon. If you have a source, please respond with it. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
you dont see anything strange at all about the moon phage?
everything is perfectly normal and the way it should be?

Define normal.

The moon is a strange place. So is Mars. So are places on Earth.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

you dont see anything strange at all about the moon phage?
everything is perfectly normal and the way it should be?

Define normal.

The moon is a strange place. So is Mars. So are places on Earth.

good question haha im not sure if anything is normal anymore.
but the moon is what I would call not normal.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by SuperSlovak]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mufon12347

The RTG, containing plutonium, survived re-entry and came to rest in the Tonga Trench at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean

what about the container : do they say when it starts erosion ? when it starts leaking ?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ::.mika.::

Mika, dont buy into this. We never carrie an atom bomb to the moon, you wouldnt need a nuke to kick up moon dust, and they most certainly wouldnt hurl a ball of plutonium into the ocean! its complete bunk/

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

as a resistant to (neo-)consumption society, i don't buy nothing hehe

that was quoted from a post also saying they didn't bring a nuke to the moon just this stuff for generator purpose on the moon. anyway i need more to get excited.

indeed, that was mostly, and almost off-topic, just a way, permitted by that quote, to hint and remind people that there hundreds if not thousands of nuclear waste in the sea all over the planet stored in containers that have only a few decades (for the best of them) ahead of them as safe, erosion-proof, unbreakable. (sometimes, there are other sorts of toxic waste not far. nice cocktails in perspective.)

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
whats all this talk about bringing a nuke with the lunar lander? wouldnt that kill the everybody onboard lol

I dont want them to blow up the moon just to find out what the hell is happening on it or inside it.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

yes he has been debunked. check the links.

and if youd bother to d research youd see alot of what he says was incorrrect.
and one of he most deceitful thongs he does is add false color, like te so called Mars forest pictures, where he adds green where green wasnt in the original.
And on that as it is now Mars can not support complex life. It has barely any atmosphere, no magnetic field.

Your allowed to hold your opinoion all you want but it doesnt make it any less wrong.

Oh I dunno, I've seen some pretty deceitful thongs in my time, and the ladies wearing them should be ashamed of themselves.. Really !!

And off topic posts only apply in threads that Mods care about, it appears

As for the moon being anything other than the MOON. well, I know it's there. I've seen it. With my beady little eyes. At night. Sometimes in Daylight too.. And if it's a craft of sorts, well it's not doing a very good job of it. Hasn't moved in 'a long long long time'.

Ahh mo0nlight - thou dost instill a severity of madness and thus serenity weakens apon thy gaze...

[edit on 12/7/2008 by bloodcircle]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ::.mika.::
reply to post by NavalFC

as a resistant to (neo-)consumption society, i don't buy nothing hehe

If you don't buy nothing, that means you actually buy something, which then indicates that something was bought, and you paid for it. Hence, you are a consumer.

riteriterite?

Oo

that was quoted from a post also saying they didn't bring a nuke to the moon just this stuff for generator purpose on the moon. anyway i need more to get excited.

indeed, that was mostly, and almost off-topic, just a way, permitted by that quote, to hint and remind people that there hundreds if not thousands of nuclear waste in the sea all over the planet stored in containers that have only a few decades (for the best of them) ahead of them as safe, erosion-proof, unbreakable. (sometimes, there are other sorts of toxic waste not far. nice cocktails in perspective.)

Nucular energy is completely safe. Much safer than that cancerous solar energy the people keep mentioning. And you can store nucular waste in lead boxes in the ground. You cant store sunlight safely. Cant even look at it. Makes you blind.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

And why has nasa only been to the moon ONCE?
what are they so scared off? hmmm

Im not sure where you got the idea that Nasa has only been to the moon once.Nasa has landed men on the moon six times. It would have been seven but on apollo 13 the number 2 oxygen tank exploded and they had to abort the mission. Making it back to earth alive became a mission of its own.

Here is some info about theApollo missions

Not to mention a handful of other countries have landed rovers and probes on the lunar surface as well.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
This thread deeply saddens me. There are some amazing anomalies associated with our moon that we could be discussing, but instead it is a hotbed of either complete ignorance of basic science or complete hooey (Hoagland) based on... well, nothing.

There is a lot of evidence to suggest that the moon was artificially placed in the orbit that it is resides in. Many great thinkers through-out history have commented on this. Yes, things in the solar system 'fall into place' over millenia, but the moon exhibits properties that represent such an extreme coincidence that it is difficult to ignore.

If you want to talk conspiracy, talk about how after a dozen modern probes with high resolution cameras onboard we STILL don't have one single picture of an Apollo landing site. There is always a malfunction of one sort or another. How odd, considering NASA goes so far out of their way to proudly show pictures from the farthest reaches of the solar system otherwise.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

I really don't think that they would ever want to blow up even just a small part of the moon because science doesn't know enough about its physical makeup (ie: major fault lines, etc.). A small blast could trigger a much larger chain reaction and soon major chunks could break free & all hell would break loose on Earth like tidal waves. I think of the movie Bruce Almighty where Jim Carrey gets God-Like powers & brings the moon closer to Earth which starts Tidal Waves & other disruptions.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Our Moon is just one of many that has much life """within""" it. The Grey's are within our Moon. We call it """our Moon""" but it isn't really, we just claim it because we think we are.........................................,

Heck, we think Earth is ours we are the pets the farm the Laboratory I know, I know.......what do I know?

[edit on 7-12-2008 by observe50]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiBosh
This thread deeply saddens me. There are some amazing anomalies associated with our moon that we could be discussing, but instead it is a hotbed of either complete ignorance of basic science or complete hooey (Hoagland) based on... well, nothing.

There is a lot of evidence to suggest that the moon was artificially placed in the orbit that it is resides in. Many great thinkers through-out history have commented on this. Yes, things in the solar system 'fall into place' over millenia, but the moon exhibits properties that represent such an extreme coincidence that it is difficult to ignore.

If you want to talk conspiracy, talk about how after a dozen modern probes with high resolution cameras onboard we STILL don't have one single picture of an Apollo landing site. There is always a malfunction of one sort or another. How odd, considering NASA goes so far out of their way to proudly show pictures from the farthest reaches of the solar system otherwise.

I have to agree with you, some wise guy decided to bring the atom bomb to the moon thing up witch im sure is nonsense.

lets talk about all the tracks and shiny objects out and about on the surface.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mufon12347
reply to post by SuperSlovak

I really don't think that they would ever want to blow up even just a small part of the moon because science doesn't know enough about its physical makeup (ie: major fault lines, etc.). A small blast could trigger a much larger chain reaction and soon major chunks could break free & all hell would break loose on Earth like tidal waves. I think of the movie Bruce Almighty where Jim Carrey gets God-Like powers & brings the moon closer to Earth which starts Tidal Waves & other disruptions.

During the Apolli missions 14. 16 and 17 they did actually use explosives on the moon:

Two experiments, the Active Seismic Experiment on Apollo 14 and 16 and the Lunar Seismic Profiling Experiment on Apollo 17, were performed to determine the detailed structure of the upper kilometer of the lunar crust. Both experiments involved detonation of a series of small explosives. The seismic waves or ground motions caused by these explosions were measured by a network of geophones. On Apollo 14 and 16, up to 19 explosions were detonated by an astronaut using a device called a "thumper" along a 90-meter-long geophone line. On Apollo 16, three mortar shells were also used to lob explosive charges to distances of up to 900 meters from the ALSEP. On Apollo 17, eight explosive charges were positioned during the three EVAs at distances of up to 3.5 kilometers from the LM. These charges had masses of 57 grams to 2.7 kilograms. Both the Apollo 16 mortar shells and the Apollo 17 explosives were detonated by radio control after the astronauts left the lunar surface.

One of the Lunar Seismic Profiling explosive charges with radio antenna deployed

www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC
Mika, dont buy into this. We never carrie an atom bomb to the moon, you wouldnt need a nuke to kick up moon dust, and they most certainly wouldnt hurl a ball of plutonium into the ocean! its complete bunk/

Well Mr Secret Disinfo Naval Dude, I suppose your superiors have told you to difuse the question but in reality the US Government has considered this in the past... and even Carl Sagan was involved

So please don't sell your "It ain't so" speech here

Project A119
NUKE THE MOON

Now Carl Sagan had the 'BRILLIANT' idea that if they dropped a nuke on the moon we could search for 'organic material' in the resultant dust plume...

Well there WAS life there

Well the US Air Force was cool with that, but they wanted to make sure it was a really BIG BANG so that it would be seen from Earth... you know to let them pesky Ruskies know we had the means so you better watch out you jolly old Reds...

utenti.lycos.it...

Now in the article it says...
"Not likely! The explosion of a nuclear weapon on the moon would be visible
as a very brief flash of light."

Hmmmm This was all in the fifties...

Well THEY say it was 'cancelled" uh huh we always believe what THEY say here right?

Well it just so happens that on November 15, 1953 Astronomer Leon H. Stuart using an 8" Reflector captured just such a 'flash' in a famous and well documented event

FULL SIZE IMAGE

Note the bright flare near the middle of the terminator, between Pallas and Schröter. Image photographed: 11/15/1953 0200 U.T. by Leon H. Stuart – Tulsa, OK USA Photo courtesy the estate of Leon H. Stuart.

Story Here

So have a Happy Holiday Mr Spook and don't forget to stop in at my latest absolute proof of the existence of Santa Claus... provide by no less than THREE government agencies

PROOF That Santa Claus is REAL
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hmmm Naval FC Naval Footbal Club or Fire Control

HO HO HO

...---...

[edit on 7-12-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks Zorgon may be that will sink our friend NavalFC once and for all.

You and Mike Singh all ways come to the party.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Hey ziggy thanks for the photo of the explosives used on the moon. I just wonder if there was any video taken of these events?

Thanks mate

wZn

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

That's an interesting question. We have the videos of the ascent module launching so there is a chance they caught the detonations later.

[edit on 12/7/2008 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
why didnt they just scoop up some moon dust with a shovel when they were there and take it back with them lol

it seems so much easier then detonating an explosive on the moon

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join